Quantcast Fast Plus+ Experience

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fast Plus+ Experience

I'm leaving for WDW in 2 1/2 weeks, got an email today about being one of a select group of people to test a new fast pass system. Did anyone else get this? I had the option of choosing 4 fast passes to MK while we are there on a specific date. It was neat because you could do the parades and get special viewing area. Just curious how "select" this group is or if everyone going is getting this email.
    Nicole

Next up - Shades of Green (Feb 2014) and AK Jambo House ( Sept 2014)
    Stayed at: CB, POP, PO-R, FW Cabins and DL Hotel

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We're leaving in 2-1/2 weeks also (9/21) and we didn't get that e-mail. Sounds interesting!
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

Preferred seating for the parade sounds great! I would love to watch a parade again, but DS is a toddler so we can't exactly make him wait on the curb for an hour to get a decent view! How exciting for you to have been chosen!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We're arriving the 14th and we got one of the emails for the FastPass+ test also. We just picked out our four experiences and are pretty excited about it...especially the special viewing areas for the parades. Can't wait to see how this all works!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We just got an email also!! 17 days and counting!

July 2001--FW
    Christmas 2005--Offsite
    Oct 2007--GF
    May 2008--Pop
    Oct 2009--Poly
    Oct 2010--BW
    Nov 2010--CS
    Nov/Dec 2011--BW
    Feb 2012--GF
    April 2012--AS
    Sep 2012--WL
    April 2013--Fantasy (eastern carribean)
    Sep 2013-SS
    Sep 2014-Fantasy (western carribean)
    Jan 2015-CS
    May 2016-Fantasy

Post Thanks / Like

I was just reading up about this new idea yesterday. I don't leave for another 95 days, so I have my hopes up of getting one. How very exciting for you.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Did you all get it for just MK? I'm so-so about it. I think it is neat but also I do not know right now that I am going to feel like riding Space Mountain on 9/24 from 515-615pm

I usually don't do parades because I don't like getting there so far ahead, so I choose the afternoon parade as one option then Wishes for the other.
    Nicole

Next up - Shades of Green (Feb 2014) and AK Jambo House ( Sept 2014)
    Stayed at: CB, POP, PO-R, FW Cabins and DL Hotel

Post Thanks / Like

I really don't like this. Only select people are getting a perferred viewing section. Will this be the way it is in the future? Only a number of people get to view the parade, while the rest of us get fastpasses to Jungle Cruise for the third time. I guess the verdict is still out. Just leave well enough alone.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    I really don't like this. Only select people are getting a perferred viewing section. Will this be the way it is in the future? Only a number of people get to view the parade, while the rest of us get fastpasses to Jungle Cruise for the third time. I guess the verdict is still out. Just leave well enough alone.
    So if you were selected would you change your opinion or would you still say you don't like it? Not everyone receives a pin code but it is definately extra magical when you do. Just because someone receives a special surprise doesn't entitle everyone else to it as well. I am always happy to see someone receive things like this. I don't expect extras like this but it is fun to think I could get lucky sometime and certainly appreciate that Disney does this.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure how I will like this, but we'd all better get used to some kind of change. It looks like the Fast-Pass next generation is coming no matter what, in some form or another. I'll have to wait to see how it all works out in the final iteration before passing judgment. I can remember well when there was no FastPass at all, and everybody waited in line, and nobody wants to go back to that system. But as someone mentioned in another thread, sometimes it seems as if Disney's MO is: "If it's broke, don't fix it, and if it ain't broke, let's change it."
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Just booked our experiences and I am excited to see how it all works out. To answer a previous question, yes the experiences are only for the MK park.

July 2001--FW
    Christmas 2005--Offsite
    Oct 2007--GF
    May 2008--Pop
    Oct 2009--Poly
    Oct 2010--BW
    Nov 2010--CS
    Nov/Dec 2011--BW
    Feb 2012--GF
    April 2012--AS
    Sep 2012--WL
    April 2013--Fantasy (eastern carribean)
    Sep 2013-SS
    Sep 2014-Fantasy (western carribean)
    Jan 2015-CS
    May 2016-Fantasy

Post Thanks / Like

Hoping I get an email soon as our trip is now in 30 days!
    DVC Member as of 11/09 BLT!!
    1992 Dolphin Resort
    1995 stayed off-site
    2002 All-Star Movies Resort
    2007 (Oct) Port Orleans French Quarter
    2008 (Nov )1 night at POP
    2008 (Nov) Old Key West Resort
    2011 (Jan) BLT 2 room suite!!!
    2011 (Oct/Nov) BLT 1 bedroom suite
    2012 (Oct) BLT 2 room suite :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Hoping one comes my way soon, i am leaving in 23 days !!!
    Love my Pittsburgh Penguins and Penn State Nittany Lions !!!!

October 08 - Honeymoon CBR
    Wilderness Lodge- October 2010

CBR - Oct 2012
    Beach Club - Sept 2014

Post Thanks / Like

No Email yet. We've got 2 trips reserved, one in 2 days then one in 46 days. I wonder if they're only targetting guests who reserved thru hotels and not DVC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
    No Email yet. We've got 2 trips reserved, one in 2 days then one in 46 days. I wonder if they're only targetting guests who reserved thru hotels and not DVC.
    I read, but have no idea if this is completely accurate, that those coming in on Magical Express on these target dates are the ones being offered this test.

Post Thanks / Like

We leave in 2 weeks and I DIDN'T get an email!!! It's okay though...I usually don't sit for a hour to wait for the parade...this is when I get on the rides that usually have a long line. Looking forward to hearing from those that did how it worked out for them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
    I wouldn't doubt that DVC is not included. They already have us as a captive audience, no need to throw us an incentive to visit.
    DVC - BCV
    Last Trip: 09.15
    Next Trip: 05.16

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    They are just selecting a few people to TEST Fastpass+ over the next month or so. This isn't how it will be in the future.
    In the future, everyone will have the option of pre-booking a "preferred viewing section" fastpass before their trip. Or, if you don't book a fastpass for the special seating area, then you can just grab a seat anywhere else along the parade route to watch the parade as usual.
    Also, in the future, you will be able to pre-book other ride fastpasses as well.
    Nobody is going to force you on to the Jungle Cruise if you don't want to be there.
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how much extra $$$$$ they are going to charge for this????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mydisneygirls View Post
    I wonder how much extra $$$$$ they are going to charge for this????
    Bingo! That is my real fear going forward. An additional charge to enjoy a feature like this may become a reality. We will just have to wait and see though as I hate to play the conspiracy theorist. I like change when it benefits everyone and it doesn't dig deeper into my pocket book.

I also don't want to have to plan on being at a particular park or even more so a particular attraction at a particular time on my vacation. Isn't it bad enough that it is impossible to find a place to eat besides quick service unless you book months in advance. Now if I don't plan on riding Jungle Cruise 60 days out I may have to wait in the standby line for 75 minutes?
    DVC - BCV
    Last Trip: 09.15
    Next Trip: 05.16

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: