Quantcast WDW Weather Forecast - September 30-Oct 16, 2012 - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Just want to say thanks Chris, I have been following this thread for over a week! We leave in three days!!! DH wants to know where I am getting all this great info on the weather!!! You have it all over the "other " weather websites!!!
    Beach Club Villa's 10/03
    Portofino Bay and Beach Club Villa's 10/04
    Saratoga Springs Resort 10/05
    Pop Century and Beach Club Villa's 10/06
    Boardwalk Villas 06/11

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for all the updates! We leave Saturday morning! So, no hurricanes this trip? And no 100 degree weather either...thank goodness!
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nat View Post
    You have it all over the "other " weather websites!!!
    Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad to help everyone I can.

Quote Originally Posted by lawgirl View Post
    So, no hurricanes this trip? And no 100 degree weather either...thank goodness!
    I think I can say with total certainty - no hurricanes this trip and no 100 degree days. It should be pretty nice for you.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad to help everyone I can.

I think I can say with total certainty - no hurricanes this trip and no 100 degree days. It should be pretty nice for you.

Awesome! You just made my day!
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

With a check in date only 20 days away (Oct. 11) do you think we'll catch a break and have cooler weather in place by then? Not liking the 90's with high humidity... not. at. all. And thanks for always taking care of us weather-worryers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BiloxiMom View Post
    With a check in date only 20 days away (Oct. 11) do you think we'll catch a break and have cooler weather in place by then?
    You definitely won't have any 90s. Those are mostly gone now except for the heat index. The issue of the humidity is a little harder. It just depends on whether a good cold front dives far enough south to bring some drier continental air. And that's certainly possible. Not out of the question at all!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

YAY! Any lower humidity, lower temps would be great! See what you can do, OK? LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BiloxiMom View Post
    YAY! Any lower humidity, lower temps would be great! See what you can do, OK? LOL
    I'll make sure to forward your request to the Boss.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

According to accuweather it looks like 75% chance of rain the entire week were at WDW (Oct 5 - 13). Ugh. Is this an all day rain or chance of? I know it still to early but its not looking good so far.
    DVC Member as of 11/09 BLT!!
    1992 Dolphin Resort
    1995 stayed off-site
    2002 All-Star Movies Resort
    2007 (Oct) Port Orleans French Quarter
    2008 (Nov )1 night at POP
    2008 (Nov) Old Key West Resort
    2011 (Jan) BLT 2 room suite!!!
    2011 (Oct/Nov) BLT 1 bedroom suite
    2012 (Oct) BLT 2 room suite :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dyanna View Post
    According to accuweather it looks like 75% chance of rain the entire week were at WDW (Oct 5 - 13). Ugh. Is this an all day rain or chance of? I know it still to early but its not looking good so far.
    1.) Accuweather is a waste of time beyond 24-48 hours. It's only computer generated algorithms based on 1 model with no human interaction, so don't worry about that.
    2.) Even my forecast beyond 7 days has to be taken with many grains of salt. It's the process of diminishing returns. By the time the models get 7+ days out the variables are almost infinite and so no forecast is truly reliable. We can see overall patterns, but not a true day-to-day forecast.
    3.) So, looking at that long range right now, that forecast sounds 100% completely off. I'd say a 50-50 chance at most of a brief (1 hour or less) afternoon thunderstorm. Those are pretty common in Florida (almost daily May-October) as the sea breeze forms in the afternoon but they aren't a big deal. Just go inside for a little while and you're fine. At the moment I see no sign of any big rain event that you would have to worry about. October is generally a pretty warm and dry month so unless something tropical moves in I think you'll be fine.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply :-) Will keep looking at your updates as it get closer to our trip. If it does rain at least the lines wont be as long
    DVC Member as of 11/09 BLT!!
    1992 Dolphin Resort
    1995 stayed off-site
    2002 All-Star Movies Resort
    2007 (Oct) Port Orleans French Quarter
    2008 (Nov )1 night at POP
    2008 (Nov) Old Key West Resort
    2011 (Jan) BLT 2 room suite!!!
    2011 (Oct/Nov) BLT 1 bedroom suite
    2012 (Oct) BLT 2 room suite :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Now in Voodooland territory! Would it be unwise to be hoping that temps drop some closer to the 10th?
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDawgette View Post
    Now in Voodooland territory! Would it be unwise to be hoping that temps drop some closer to the 10th?
    It's not out of the question. Just because the flow looks zonal on the models today doesn't mean it won't show a trough developing tomorrow!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks StrmChsr!! Heading out tomorrow and wanted to do a last min check here to plan, ponchos in bag but otherwise packed shorts and tshirts! Thanks for all you do!!
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great trip!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Oh goodness! Our dates are actually in voodoo land now! Oct 14 is our check-in day. I'm so stalking this thread!
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the informative update. We are going to MNNSHP on the 16th. Crossing my fingers that your Voodooland estimations turn out to be correct!
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: