Quantcast The Cone of Uncertainty.......

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Talking The Cone of Uncertainty.......

I'm watching the weather now, and it looks like Isaac decided to go west.......good........
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hull-onian View Post
    I'm watching the weather now, and it looks like Isaac decided to go west.......good........
    Actually, not good. Yes, it means less rain for WDW, but it also means Isaac will be over more open water with the chance to become a very dangerous hurricane. I would much rather see one rainy slightly windy day at WDW than what may possibly happen with Isaac.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hull-onian View Post
    Since I live to the west of Isaac's current location......I say NOT good!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Not good at all! As it moves west, I anticipate family and friends from New Orleans getting really nervous. I don't think they want the levee systems tested again. (Especially so close to the anniversary of Katrina.)
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Not good. I am running from this storm.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts are with you. I've been in that situation, stay safe.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eandrsmom View Post
    I don't think they want the levee systems tested again. (Especially so close to the anniversary of Katrina.)
    IF the storm hits New Orleans (and that's a huge if) it will be almost identical to Katrina in strength and could hit on the exact anniversary (Aug 29). Talk about Deja Vu.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    Since I live to the west of Isaac's current location......I say NOT good!
    Exactly!! We are supposed to leave for San Antonio on Wednesday evening. Since we have a home, a camp, 2 dogs and elderly parents, we cannot just evacuate west and go on our trip.
    I really need a vacation ... even if it's short one!

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    IF the storm hits New Orleans (and that's a huge if) it will be almost identical to Katrina in strength and could hit on the exact anniversary (Aug 29). Talk about Deja Vu.
    Yes, that would be awful. I have many friends in New Orleans and the Mississippi Coast. I feel that a lot of them still have PTSD after Katrina and any time hurricanes start heading in our vicinity, panic really sets it. It's not an easy thing to watch.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

My parents sold their home in Pass Christian after Katrina and moved to Lafayette. We still have a lot of family that rebuilt in New Orleans. If it moves any further west, I'm expecting house guests headed this way. So many lost so much during Katrina. I can't even imagine having to go through it again.

Post Thanks / Like

My husband is Louisiana National Guard and they just got called up today. That's never a good sign.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MizMissy View Post
    Exactly!! We are supposed to leave for San Antonio on Wednesday evening. Since we have a home, a camp, 2 dogs and elderly parents, we cannot just evacuate west and go on our trip.
    I really need a vacation ... even if it's short one!
    I know how you feel. We have evacuated a few times, but with DH having to report for duty, I don't like the idea of just the boys and I taking off, so we usually stick it out. A few years ago we followed my brother out of town for Gustav since DH wasn't home with us. But then Ike came about a week later and I ended up staying home alone with the boys through that hurricane......NOT FUN!

Good thing I have an amazing neighbor that we can stay with if we want, and should we stay home like we did last time, he checked on us constantly. My mother and her parents will likely stay with us this time, but it's still stressful. Like a hurricane isn't stressfull enough having to deal with it without DH, and then having to worry about his safety on top of that, makes it all the more miserable!

I hope everyone stays safe!
    Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Wasn't Katrina a category 5 hurricane? This one is predicted to make landfall along the Gulf Coast as a category 1. I'm confused...
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Wasn't Katrina a category 5 hurricane? This one is predicted to make landfall along the Gulf Coast as a category 1. I'm confused...
    Katrina was a Cat 5 out in the Gulf for a time, but at the time of landfall it was a weak Cat 3. And it actually wasn't the wind itself that did so much damage to New Orleans but the direction of the wind. Exactly where Katrina came ashore (which is where Isaac is currently forecast to go) forced a ton of water towards New Orleans. The NHC is saying strong Cat 1 for Isaac. Given the dry air currently involved, that's probably correct. However, the potential is certainly there for Isaac to ramp up to Cat 3 if it can get organized.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

We have been prepared for days, and the wind and rain are now starting. Anticipation and inability to nail the forecasting have been trying! Nerves are raggedy. Just ready to get it over with and see what we are dealing with. Going to my happy place while we still have power, as you can see!
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

DH was watching the radar this morning and said how the storm isn't moving and that's not a good thing. He said about an hour ago that they've had around 8-9 inches of rain. Prayers go out to everyone in the New Orleans area.
    07/95 FW
    12/96 Off Prop
    11/97 CBR
    12/98 ASM
    12/01 ASMo
    11/03 Off Prop
    12/04 ASMo
    12/07 ASSp, Pop
    12/09 ASM
    09/10 FW, SSR
    11/11 SSR
    02/12 POR
    05/12 OKW
    01/13 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicRay View Post
    DH was watching the radar this morning
    I know it's a serious issue but just seeing your statement made me think of the scene in Spaceballs. "Sir, that's not the radar. That's Mr. Coffee." "I knew that. I always have coffee when I watch radar. Everyone knows that!"
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

I always watch radar. Don't drink coffee. Nasty stuff.

My DW (Cosmic Ray) says it was a good thing that I never completed my meteorology degree because weather is too much like "the other woman" in our marriage.
    Nothing is impossible, it just hasn't been done yet!

CosmicRay's DH
    DVC Member since 2010 (Saratoga Springs)

Been there more times than I can count. Used to be close enough to watch the fireworks every night.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizHawk View Post
    I always watch radar. Don't drink coffee. Nasty stuff.

My DW (Cosmic Ray) says it was a good thing that I never completed my meteorology degree because weather is too much like "the other woman" in our marriage.
    I don't mind it so much any more, you help so many with your information. I am looking forward to you going back soon to get your meteorology degree and live your dream!
    07/95 FW
    12/96 Off Prop
    11/97 CBR
    12/98 ASM
    12/01 ASMo
    11/03 Off Prop
    12/04 ASMo
    12/07 ASSp, Pop
    12/09 ASM
    09/10 FW, SSR
    11/11 SSR
    02/12 POR
    05/12 OKW
    01/13 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizHawk View Post
    lol, I get that. I finished my meteorology degree and worked in the field for a few years before becoming a pastor. It's definitely "the other woman" in our family as I do my pastoring job, but keep up all of the meteorology skills too.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: