Quantcast Top of the World Lounge perk extended through Dec. 29!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Top of the World Lounge perk extended through Dec. 29!

From DVC MS
    The popularity of a special perk originally slated to end on Aug. 25 has prompted its extension! From now through Dec. 29, 2012, Disney Vacation Club® Members staying at any Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at the Walt Disney World® Resort (whether they booked with vacation points or cash) may enjoy complimentary access to one of the vacation kingdom's most exclusive spaces: the Top of the World Lounge atop Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort.

Note that Members traveling from other resorts must use Walt Disney World Transportation, as parking will be unavailable to anyone not staying at Bay Lake Tower or Disney's Contemporary Resort. Upon arrival, Members must walk to the Bay Lake Tower main lobby entrance on the ground floor (the typically locked front door will be unlocked during this time, or a Cast Member will be at the door to assist) and check in at the Top of the World Lounge desk in the lobby.

This perk is available exclusively to Members and those in their traveling party who are staying on that Member's reservation. At least one Member in the traveling party must accompany the group and present his or her current Key to the World card displaying a Disney Vacation Club Membership notation in order to gain admission to the lounge. If the Member's Key to the World card doesn't display a Membership notation, a Disney Vacation Club Member ID is required in addition to the Key to the World card to verify Membership
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope that this does not screw me up. We are booked in BLT in mid-September. I hope I don't have to fight crowds of outsiders to get up there.
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you'll have a problem at that time of year. We stayed at BLT at the end of June and there was hardly anyone ever there. People would come up to see the fireworks but wouldn't stop in the lounge. I think I'd be a bit more concerned if you were traveling during the holiday season.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Agree that there should not be too much of a crowd when you are going. The only time I have ever seen large crowds watching the fireworks outside the lounge has been during the holidays. It was actually quite mobbed during one Halloween Fireworks show.

I too am wondering how crowded it will be this October. We will be staying at BLT and look forward to seeing the fireworks from the top of the lounge on some nights. Hoe there will be ample space for those of us actually staying at BLT.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MinnieMommie View Post
    Agree that there should not be too much of a crowd when you are going. The only time I have ever seen large crowds watching the fireworks outside the lounge has been during the holidays. It was actually quite mobbed during one Halloween Fireworks show.

I too am wondering how crowded it will be this October. We will be staying at BLT and look forward to seeing the fireworks from the top of the lounge on some nights. Hoe there will be ample space for those of us actually staying at BLT.
    We will be there the beginning of Oct. and are hoping to get up one night so maybe stay away the nights MNSSHP is scheduled.
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Paula[/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Checkers View Post
    We will be there the beginning of Oct. and are hoping to get up one night so maybe stay away the nights MNSSHP is scheduled.
    Hello Paula - we will be there at the end of the month so will miss you again! Even though it may be more crowded on the nights of MNNSHP you should still go. The fireworks are spectacular! Just get there early and find a comfortable viewing spot.

Post Thanks / Like

When we stayed at BLT in November we went up to Top of the World and it was practically empty. There were maybe two or three other people there besides the bartender. I think that the Top of the World isn't making money with just BLT guests, so they're trying to drum up revenue.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: