Quantcast If you leave your car in the parking lot at the park can you come back for it?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default If you leave your car in the parking lot at the park can you come back for it?

If you are staying on site and drive to the park, and you decide to take a bus to the hotel instead, can you leave your car overnight in the parking lot and come back for it???
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Although I'm not 100% sure, everything I've read says that you can't leave your car overnight in the park parking lot.

If you don't think you're going to want to drive back to your resort, I'd take a bus both ways, or budget a bit extra for a taxi to save time.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you can park overnight in a park lot.

In a related way, we're having to figure this out ahead of time as we are going to a dinner at a resort that is not our home resort slightly before the parks close. While we could take bus transportation to the themepark and then themepark to the dinner resort, we can't get back to the home resort. To workaround this issue, we are going to park at our dining resort in the morning (hopefully we can do this), take the bus to the theme park and back.
    Laura
    VMK: CL_MissAstroCat

Jan 1982-1992-OS • July 1993 - DL Paris • June 1995-ASM • Mar 1998-OS • Jan 2001-OS • Dec 2005- POFQ • Jan 2007- POFQ & Dolphin • Mar 2008- CB • Aug 2008 - Poly • Nov 2012 - POR • Nov 2014 - CSR&AKL • Mar 2015 - POFQ & HilBV • May 2015 - ASSp • Mar 2016 - CB & HilBV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by missastrocat View Post
    To workaround this issue, we are going to park at our dining resort in the morning (hopefully we can do this), take the bus to the theme park and back.
    Atually, you can't do this. When visiting a resort other than the one you're staying at, you would be given a 3 hour parking pass. The resorts are not meant to handle all-day parkers who are not staying at that resort and are off visiting parks.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We have visited different resorts on our stays and have never been issued a parking pass. Is that something new they have started?
    * stayed at more then once
    Yacht Club, POR, POFQ,CSR,All Star Sports*,
    CBR,Pop Century*,CR,WL,FortWilderness* Animal Kingdom lodge,All Star Music*.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofeygal View Post
    We have visited different resorts on our stays and have never been issued a parking pass. Is that something new they have started?
    No - that's always supposed to be their process.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    No - that's always supposed to be their process.
    I know that is what they are supposed to do, but on our last several trips they have not handed out a parking pass when dining at, or visiting other resorts. Actually it's been years since they gave us anything.

I really wish they did something about the issue tho. While it's not a big deal at some resorts, it's a major pain at the more popular resorts. I know there have been several times we had dinner reservations at the Poly, and had to drive round and round looking for somewhere to park. One time we ended up having to valet because we had been looking for a spot for a while and were going to be late for our dinner. We asked if they would refund the valet with a reciept from dinner, or if we could valet for free since there were no parking places available. We were told "no" on both accounts, and we had to pay it. Not that big of a deal for a guest just going to dinner one night, but I'd imagine guests staying at the Poly would be annoyed that anytime they left the parking lot they would have so much trouble finding parking upon returning.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

You can always take transportation from the resort to DTD, and back to your home resort, so you won't be stranded.

You can also take a taxi, it will be under $20 and is a quick way to get back to your resort at the end of the evening.

I agree that I would be super-annoyed if I couldn't park at my resort due to people parking there who shouldn't be.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    You can also take a taxi, it will be under $20 and is a quick way to get back to your resort at the end of the evening.
    That is exactly what we do when in these kinds of situations in WDW. Even with our own car on property, it's often easier to just call a taxi. We've never paid more than $20, including tip, and may times it was much less if we weren't going far.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

They are only really strict on the parking passes at the MK monorail hotels, as well as Boardwalk and Y&B Club, since they are within walking distance to Epcot. They do ask what your business is at the hotel and still do issue parking passes.

The other resorts, not so much.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: