Quantcast Fantasyland Expansion Soft Opening - how crazy will it be?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fantasyland Expansion Soft Opening - how crazy will it be?

I have had a lot of health issues this past year, and DH and I have been planning a trip in November to celebrate my good health! I have been SO EXCITED and really enjoying the planning of our trip! However, after the debacle of the ADR's for Be Our Guest yesterday, I'm worried that our nice relaxing trip might turn into a circus! I even considered cancelling things altogether I was so frustrated!

Our plans were made before the dates of the opening were released. At first I thought it was all meant to be and I was very excited, but will the crowds make things unmanagable? Or will it only be crazy in that area? I've never been to an opening of this magnitude, and I wasn't sure how organized things would be. I am so rattled from calling yesterday and not getting through, I want my excited magical feelings back!

My plan was to just check out the expansion, and I am expecting crowds, but I just don't want this to impact our trip negatively. Should I reschedule our trip for a few weeks before the opening? We were heading down Nov 13th-21st.

Any words of encouragement/suggestions for handling the opening would be greatly appreciated!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it didn't take long - my excitement is already back! I just saw the youtube clip posted an hour ago, "Step Inside the World of Belle Through Her Magic Mirror at Magic Kingdom " - SO MAGICAL!!!! Very very very cool!

Still looking for any advice anyone might have on crowds with the soft opening for the area!

Post Thanks / Like

Alright I just watched the same video. I'm pretty excited to. We don't usually do meet and greats but may need to do this one on our Dec trip.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Usually right before Thanksgiving the crowds are not to bad.

The issue with making reservations for Be Our Guest restaurant is 2 things....

1. Its a new restaurant. With anything new everyone wants to experience it and will drop other plans they had to eat there.
    2. There are few sit down eating choices at Magic Kingdom so they usually get booked fast.

With that said, I would not worry about the crowds to much. Enjoy your time there and make it magical.

Another suggestion... keep trying to see if you can get in, call maybe once or twice a day to see if any one has canceled during your trip. It does happen and I would check. You can always walk up and asked for a seating but this can take awhile to get into it but seems like the wait might be worth it. Just a thought.
    Brer_Fox

Disney Trips
    1988-2000 - 3 Trips Off Property

Oct 2005 - Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon)
    Oct/Nov2006 - Wilderness Lodge
    Oct/Nov2008 - Wilderness Lodge/ Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Oct/Nov 2012 - Beach Club Resort

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: