Quantcast Episode 37 - The Ballad of the Yeti - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Again, I'm stuck on language and grammar issues. I contemplate "wove" as the past tense of "wave?" That can't be right. No, the past tense of wave is waved. So if the yeti "wove" his arms, this would mean he was weaving them? Weaving his arms? No wonder he's stuck.
    Of all of Cap'n Tom's grammatical quirks, and there are many, "wove" is what you chose? His rampant misuse of pronouns and articles alone would get him a failing grade.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dpamac View Post
    Of all of Cap'n Tom's grammatical quirks, and there are many, "wove" is what you chose? His rampant misuse of pronouns and articles alone would get him a failing grade.
    Yes, I know. I know! But this is the one that really got to me. The rest I could pass off as style, but wove is an entirely different word than the intended. Or probably because the contemplative part follows directly so I'm still pondering wove. I've got my quirks, what can I say? I still love Cap'n Tom, though.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Podcast Team - This was one of your BEST!!! I laughed all day long! And what a great gift to have it ready so quickly too!

I did get the ride The Everest once in The A mode. But only once. Still an awesome ride.

I downloaded the song as soon as I saw it was available.....I plan to give my husband the pleasure of listening to it several times on the drive to the airport when we leave in just over two weeks. Maybe by then it will be out of my head?

I believe I posted a comment a few weeks ago that you should do a Best Of the Best Of. I wonder how many times a bathroom would make that list......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyKim22 View Post
    Podcast Team - This was one of your BEST!!! I laughed all day long! And what a great gift to have it ready so quickly too!
    Wasn't Carol on top of her game on this one? She had more than a few bell-worthy zingers! I just sit back and laugh like the rest of you do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dpamac View Post
    Wait until next time when I work into the discussion that I went to the Rifftrax Manos: The Hands of Fate event. And it was awesome.

It's going to take me a while to figure out how to connect that to Disney though.
    Wow, Gary, I thought I was the only one who knew about that classic of American cinema. I think Torgo is probably one of the pirates in POTC or something. I'll have to look at knees on my next ride. There has to be a connection.

Tell Cap'n Tom - good job. Almost as good as the rap I did in high school about vegetables.
    AP Platinum/Florida resident

Post Thanks / Like

Best of suggestion.... Best of planned, but never built, disney attractions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryca1dreams View Post
    Wow, Gary, I thought I was the only one who knew about that classic of American cinema. I think Torgo is probably one of the pirates in POTC or something. I'll have to look at knees on my next ride. There has to be a connection.
    My wife and I are putting together a Torgo costume for Haloween this year. I firmly believe it will be epic. I plan on stumbling around the neighborhood, twitching and speaking with a tremulous, hesitant voice.

I also fully expect to be put into jail.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyKim22 View Post
    I believe I posted a comment a few weeks ago that you should do a Best Of the Best Of. I wonder how many times a bathroom would make that list......
    I also had that suggestion! I think it would be pretty funny.... bathrooms, transportation, etc.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

The Ballad of the Yeti is down(loaded) on my iPhone...
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the direct link to iTunes!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/bal...554443260?uo=4
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarrose0708 View Post
    i also had that suggestion! I think it would be pretty funny.... Bathrooms, transportation, etc.
    Are bathrooms transportation?
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I went to the iTunes link to buy it and there was a link to click to "view other tunes by this artist." I got all excited. More tunes by this artist? Yes, please! And then sadly, no. Maybe one day.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I come home from work today and DH is all excited 'cause he just downloaded "The Yeti is Down".

Fast forward a few minutes, he's singing along (thanks for the words Ian), I'm laughing and DD is saying "I don't get why you're playing this".

Ah, kids, they just can't understand what life was like BEFORE the Yeti went down.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just laughing that Ian transcribed the lyrics since Cap'n Tom had them written down already. He's a consumate professional.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

During the whole song all I could think of was "why is Mr. Crab from Spongebob singing about the Yeti?"

Another great episode as usual! You guys need a commentator that is a foodie so we can get into more detail regarding resturants and the food and wine festival.

Love the sinage as Best Of - and I will say mine is pretty much anything at the Boardwalk. But probably the sign out front is my favorite. That is how I know I'm "home." Also Ian's of going under the Walt Disney Sign on the HWY is another family favorite for us.

~Amanda
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Septbride2002 View Post
    During the whole song all I could think of was "why is Mr. Crab from Spongebob singing about the Yeti?"

~Amanda
    Couldn't put my finger on it, you hit it right on the head.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post

Oh yeah, and for the record, Ian is mean!
    Thats not true!! He can't be mean...he stayed in the castle.

Post Thanks / Like

By far the FUNNIEST podcast I have heard yet! Downloaded the song and we think it's hilarious Even when my DD16 heard it she didn't roll her eyes and walk out of the room - I believe I saw a slight smile on her face... so that should tell you something! well done!!

"Best of" suggestion: how about best lobby/check-in area ambiance in a resort? Of course it's personal preference, but would be interesting to hear. Some are better than others. Not sure if that has been discussed before...?

Keep up the great work!
    Paging Mr. Morrow... Mr. Tom Morrow. Please contact Mr. Johnson in the control tower to confirm your flight to the moon.

BC: 9/12, 7/13, 1/14, 5/14, 9/14, 1/15, 9/15, 9/16
    GF: 9/16
    SSR: 9/13
    WL: 5/16
    BW: 9/11
    OKW: 7/10
    AK: 6/09
    BLT: 9/15
    CBR: 8/07
    ASMo 12/14
    Offsite: 8/88

1st star to the right and straight on till morning
    Post Thanks / Like

First, thanks for posting the podcast recording date. I was the one who requested it. I know I'm being picky, but it's just something that bugs me.

Second, I don't know if you want comments about Shane Gamble posted in the podcast discussion or not, but I just wanted to let you know I finished listening to the disk and loved it. I'm recommending it to my friends. His voice reminds me of Jakob Dylan, and there seemed to be a variety of musical styles, with track 10, "Bounce Back", having a somewhat Pink Floyd vibe to me. This is one of the few first efforts I've heard that actually makes me care whether or not there's a Sophomore effort.

Third, perhaps the failure of the Yeti, was the last straw for MAPO, if that's the department responsible. Unless, of course, the accountants hastened the end by not funding that department enough.

Fourth, yes the "Ballad of the Yeti" makes me laugh. But, I agree with Ian, that was a lot of money that was spent for about 10 seconds of effects. I remember the television special they had and Disney was really pushing how great this new animatronic beastie was going to be. Now it's "dead" and they can't fix it?!
    Mark M :-)
    May 1979 - Honeymoon
    Jan 1993 - Aunts, Uncles, Cousins...
    Jun 2001 - Me, Wife, Kids
    "My one wish, is that in 100 years there'll be a child, hiding under their covers with a flashlight, reading a copy of the Martian Chronicles, on the Red Planet" - Ray Bradbury, 8/22/1920 - 6/6/2012.

Post Thanks / Like

Another great one team! .... With all the hub bub abt the infamous Yeti....can someone pls give me the exec summary abt it?

I think this ride opened soon after I moved to Europe and had babies,....I never had the opp to ride it when it was working! ...and havent found time to ride while it has been down either, What is the "A" option/side that people refer to?

I, too, have very fond memories of the radio station! ...probably bc it didn't come in vy well and it seemed kind of elusive ....something abt seeing the very tall highway lamps as we drove into Orlando...we were clutching the last of the Dunkin' Donut holes we bought that morning for the 3 hr drive..... There are certain streetlights that still remind me of that drive...oh, the anticipation!!!

"are we there yet!?!?!?"
    Carolyn & Nikki - Two sisters whose first visit was the day before the Magic began...and have been hooked ever since!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: