Quantcast Devil birds! - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Devil birds!

Post Thanks / Like

A bird pooped on my jeans in Epcot last January. It was right as I was taking a step so it got the very bottom of the leg, just above the hem. We've never had one steal food though.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

A couple trips back, we were sitting in EPCOT by the United States Pavilion. Someone was walking by with a Funnel cake on a plate and a seagul swooped down and grabbed it right off the plate. The funnel cake fell to the ground and a ton more gulls came swooping in for it, it was crazy. They were fighting over it making tons of noise and people were freaking out. It happened real quick and was over pretty fast, I just couldn"t believe how many birds appeared so quickly!!

2 Days!!

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Had a few birds try to get to our food while at Flame Tree. They didn't get anything though.

When we were walking to get to our Crystal Palace ressie at MK, we noticed a group of ducks across the way from us. All of a sudden a little boy about 4 dashed into the group of birds scaring them. In an effort to get away, one duck flew right into my husbands head with enough force it knocked him down. He was ok, just very embarrased.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey310 View Post
    The birds can be annoying! I remember one time we were in magic kingdom eating a turkey leg. The girl sitting next to us turned her head for a minute and a bird swooped in and took a huge bite out of her turkey leg!

13 days and counting!!!
    I didn't realize the birds in MK have resorted to cannibalism!!
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

As I was having a drink at Aunt Polly's on Tom Sawyer Island, I felt a sudden tugging on my hand. I looked down to find a large bird using its long beak to grab the top of the ring on my finger! It made a second attempt before we were able to shoo it away. It left a few small cuts on my finger, but nothing serious. Kind of startling but funny!

At Disneyland, a mama duck and several ducklings were walking on the grass near the 20,000 Leagues attraction. A couple sea-birds swooped down, scooped up two of the ducklings, and flew away. Some CMs rushed over and shielded the ducks until they could be relocated. We saw the same thing happen to a baby rabbit at Epcot a few years ago.
    ºOº April ºOº

Next trips: GF Sept. '14, WL Jan. - Feb. '15!
    Previous stays: WL, AKL, Polynesian, POFQ, Newport Bay Club (DLP), DL Hotel, GF, DxL

Post Thanks / Like

On one of our December trips I saw a seagull swoop down and snatch a Mickey rice krispie treat clean out of a little girl's hand on the boat dock at WL.

A couple years ago, we were having lunch at Gasparilla Grill at GF and decided to sit outside. There was a group of ducks milling around and they came over to our table soon after we sat down. None of us would give them any food, so I guess one of the ducks got mad because she bit my mom right on her rear end through the cut out part in the back of her chair. My sister and I were laughing so hard, we scared the ducks away!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

We have had three incidents wih WDW's "evil birds."

My first encounter was on the Pangani Trail. As I entered the bird sanctuary, one dropped his excrement on my new, orange Walt Disney World shirt. A CM was right quick on the spot with some kind of towelette that wiped it clean.

Same trip, my wife was sitting by the Rivers of America, eating a turkey leg when a bird left his mess on her head. We had to leave so she could shower.

On another trip, we were sitting at Casey's eating hot dogs and fries. Another group was sitting near us feeding fries to the birds DESPITE there being a sign right there that read "Do Not Feed Birds." there ware quite a few around them in a frenzy state. One bird must have grown impatient, waiting for scraps because he did a kamakazi swoop at our table between my wife and I, took a fry out of our cup, brushed us with wings and took off.

On a related note, we saw a stork-like creature eating discarded scraps at he Mexican Pavillion in Epcot. We named him Phil and I made up an entire backstory for him.

Phil used to wake up at dawn and eat worms, but ever since he found the Mexican Pavillion, he's lost his mojo. He sleeps until noon. He's lazy and lost his drive. The other storks are talking about Phil, saying "Have you seen him lately? He hardly breaks covers before 1."

Phil has lost his job. And can be seen panhandling as far as Norway for some dessert scraps.
    "Forraging for worms is so last year," he said. Some of the other birds were readying for an intervention. If you see Phil, please help him find his way by NOT feeding him.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness