Quantcast need help booking

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default need help booking

dose anyone know when they start booking for next year. we are planning to go October 2013 when is the easily you can book a vacation. what is the best way to do it by call Disney and book or use a travel agency I'm trying to save as much money as in can . this is my first time booking myself
    All star Movies Oct 2003( my first trip to Disney
    POP Century Oct. 2004
    POP Century Oct. 2007
    POP Century Oct. 2010
    Art of Animation Oct. 2013
    POP Century march 2014

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Magical Journeys they will get you the best price and it will cost you nothing. They do only Disney so they are experts.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for Magical Journeys. I have been using Wendy there for years, but everyone there is great. They know the ins and outs of Disney and give great advice. They also watch your reservation for you and automatically get your rate adjusted if a better rate comes out before your trip.

I could book myself, but they make is so easy, why make the effort?

Here is a link to their site.Magical Journeys
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MississippiDisneyFreak View Post
    Magical Journeys they will get you the best price and it will cost you nothing. They do only Disney so they are experts.
    They are the best. They're an Intercot sponsor and many of us on this site wouldn't book without them.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

on Magical Journeys. They are awesome!

In direct answer to your question, you can book now. They released the 2013 rates back in July. Fill out the MJ request form and they'll get back to you pretty quickly. Just make sure you keep a check on your spam folder as sometimes their return email gets shunted there.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MississippiDisneyFreak View Post
    Why do you say they only do Disney?
    If you go to their site, on the first page you will see their specials for Universal Studios.

Post Thanks / Like

Another for Magical Journeys! Wendy has been saving me time, money and grey hair for over 7 years! Couldn't/Wouldn't book without her!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

We used Wendy at Magical Journeys and she made it so easy on me. I recommend using them.

Post Thanks / Like

Last year we booked everything through Disney, airfare, hotel, tickets, etc. It was all very easy and if we had a question or problem we called them and talked to someone! Did ADRs on the website and that was easy to do as well! We added on things like airfare and such later and had no problems! It really went all very smoothly.
    Sher

WDW 1990 GF
    WDW August/September 2011 POFQ
    Can't wait to go back August 2014

Post Thanks / Like

If you are talking about airfare, most airlines let you book just under a year out, but it varies. That would be the first thing I'd do (which, BTW MJ does not handle.) If you're driving, please disregard.

Since you said "call Disney" it sounds like you will stay on property. You can book a room only reservation now for next October (2013) at most of the WDW resort hotels. I don't think you should bother booking a room until you figure out your transportation though.

I am going in December of 2013. I will probably make my reservations about 7-9 months before my trip. This assumes I am SURE I'm going to go. I will book a room only reservation, not a package. This will give me a lot of flexibility (the Vacation Package booking rules are more restrictive). It will also help me with my budget, now I know about how much I'll spend.

Then, 180 days from my trip, I'll make a few dining reservations. Next, I sit and wait for the discounts to come.

Yeah, other posters have been pushing Magical Journeys (MJ) pretty hard. Yes, I use them and I recommend them as well. As the discounts are announced, MJ will help you out as other posters noted.

I have been in October and I got a free dining offer. Who knows about discounts for October of 2013, but there will probably be something. I like to book a room and when the discounts come out I can either pocket the discount or upgrade to a nicer room or resort or even a package with dining if it is now within my budget.

I hope this answers your question.

Have fun planning your trip!
    Last edited by DisneyDINK; 08-13-2012 at 12:41 PM. Reason: fix errors
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2013 YC, WL, CR (good year!)
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR
    2016 YC, Universal Portofino, GF, Waldorf

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Bukowski

Post Thanks / Like

thank everyone it sound like magical journey is the way go.
    All star Movies Oct 2003( my first trip to Disney
    POP Century Oct. 2004
    POP Century Oct. 2007
    POP Century Oct. 2010
    Art of Animation Oct. 2013
    POP Century march 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Yup like everyone else said, Magical Journeys is the way to go! I used them for the first time for my upcoming trip next month and it was nothing but a breeze! They are so helpful and very prompt, getting back to any emails and questions you may have. Once a discount is released, they automatically apply it to your ressie if applicable and you don't have to do a thing!

I like to book at least 6-7 months in advance so that I can get what I really want and have any ADR's I may want booked at the 180 mark.
    Been there, Haven't done it all...GOING BACK!!!

Next trip "Home" - September 3-10th 2016 at the Beach Club Resort! Giannas 1st trip to WDW!!!

Post Thanks / Like

They just released 2013 in July. I usually book right through the WDW website. After you book, you can start your countdown!!!!!

16 days and counting!!!!!
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW