Quantcast BLT question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: BLT question

Post Thanks / Like

Default BLT question

Spending 10 days at Bay Lake Tower this Sept. We usually stay at AKL so this will be new to us. Anything helpful we should know before we go? Any BTL secrets, or not so well known perks? Thanks in advance for any thoughts!
    Ken & Kim
    AKL July 04 Honeymoon!
    AKL Sept 05,
    AKV Sept 06, 07, 08, 09
    BLT Sept 10
    AKV Sept 11
    AKV Feb 12 (Princess 1/2)
    BLT Sept 12 (TOT 10)
    BLT May 13
    BWV Sept 13 (TOT 10)
    BCV Sept 14 (TOT 10)
    BLT March 15
    BWV/AKV Oct 15
    BWV/BLT Sept 16
    BWV/POLY Sept 17
    BWV/CCV Sept 18

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you owners staying on points? Or will you be renting accommodations from Disney?

If staying in a lake view room, I'd suggest asking for a room that is on the outside of the "U" as the inside looks over the pool and I found this area let too much light into the room.

If accessible to you, the lounge is a nice place for a late night drink or for a snack - the BLT flatbread was very yummy.

The pool is generally nice but did not offer much shade plus there were not enough chairs and/or umbrellas in the pool area - don't know if any of that has changed.

You can't beat the short walk to the Magic Kingdom.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We are staying on points. We are staying in a water view so thanks for the tip about the pool. I think that I would much prefer a view of the lake over that of the pool.
    Ken & Kim
    AKL July 04 Honeymoon!
    AKL Sept 05,
    AKV Sept 06, 07, 08, 09
    BLT Sept 10
    AKV Sept 11
    AKV Feb 12 (Princess 1/2)
    BLT Sept 12 (TOT 10)
    BLT May 13
    BWV Sept 13 (TOT 10)
    BCV Sept 14 (TOT 10)
    BLT March 15
    BWV/AKV Oct 15
    BWV/BLT Sept 16
    BWV/POLY Sept 17
    BWV/CCV Sept 18

Post Thanks / Like

We just stayed at BLT in July for a week and loved it. I posted trip reports for the first few days, just need to finish them!!

We stayed in a 1BR lake view and requested an even numbered room. While we could see Bay Lake looking out on the right, we could also see MK (Space Mt., castle and WISHES!) from our sofa and the balcony. Loved that!

Not sure what the policy will be regarding access to the Top of the World Lounge during your trip-- the best bet is to show your room key to the person at the BLT front desk and ask. It's worth checking out the views if you can!

Monorail transportation is wonderful, but you may already be aware that when going to MK it is actually faster to walk, since MK is the stop right before the Contemporary. Also, if you leave at closing time when everyone is piling onto the monorail, it may also be faster to walk. But it's only one stop away if you choose to ride then.

We didn't have any issues with shade at the pool since we went in the late afternoon/evenings, when you are actually shaded by the building. Our kids loved the slide and there is also a pool bar and convenient restrooms. Just be sure you have your room key-- you'll need it to get through the gate.

September should be a great time to go. Have a wonderful trip!
    BLT, CR; OKWX2; BCX5; YCX3; Poly; PORX2; WLX4; PopX3; DolphinX3; ASX3

HGVC I-Drive, Seaworld & Parc Soleil, Hilton Bonnet Creek, Gaylord Palms, Royal Pacific, Portofino Bay

Post Thanks / Like

We did a 1 BR in 2010 and we are heading back w/ DWs side of the family on 9/18.
    We loved the place. We had a room overlooking the tennis courts, and every AM, we would have coffee on the balcony and watch all the hawks soaring. We ate in CR a few times, but nowhere that needed ADRs. We did not use the pool, that takes away our park time.
    DW and I will be there 10 days.
    Look for me. I will be the one in the funny hat.
    I highly recommend BLT.
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyHoneymooners View Post
    We are staying on points. We are staying in a water view so thanks for the tip about the pool. I think that I would much prefer a view of the lake over that of the pool.
    Many of the lake view rooms do have views of the pool because the lake is just beyond the pool and you can see both.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

If the pool is too crowded for your liking, walk over to the quiet pool at the CR. For some reason no one really uses it and it's nice and quiet overlooking the water. There's always (at least in June) lots of open lounges and tables and chairs with umbrellas.

If you want to pamper yourself a bit, rent a cabana for the afternoon. So relaxing and they do DVC discounts. It's so nice just to hang out there and your cabana man Steve is the absolute best!
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I stayed at BLT for the first time 2 years ago and it's become one of my favorite places to stay. You can't really beat the short walk to the MK, and since you're staying on points I wouldn't miss going up to the lounge to watch the fireworks. They pipe the music into speakers and the view is amazing. I had a lake view on the 3rd floor and found it very nice, we had a great view of the Contemporary tower and the electrical water pageant. Enjoy your time there!!
    Jason aka EpcotFan182
    DVC Member
    "If You Can Dream It, You Can Do It"

Coronado Springs: '99
    Boardwalk Villas: '02, '04, '06, '15
    Grand Floridian: '03
    Villas @ Wilderness Lodge: '05, '07
    Bay Lake Tower: '10, '13
    Polynesian: '11
    Villas @ Grand Floridian: '14, '16

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: