Quantcast So, Is Cinderella Castle Bookable or Not? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Brer_Fox View Post
    I remember during the "Year of a Million Dreams" Celebration they were granting special wishes to lucky family members and one of the things you could win was a night stay inside the castle.
    You don't say?
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    You don't say?
    Oh no. Here we go.

Brer_Fox, if you didn't know, Ian was actually one of the very few lucky ones chosen to stay in the Castle during this promotion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Oh no. Here we go.

Brer_Fox, if you didn't know, Ian was actually one of the very few lucky ones chosen to stay in the Castle during this promotion.
    No I didnt... Congrats to that.... We missed it by 3 people. 3 people in front of me. I saw the castle members and I knew it was a big one cause they had a ton of people around so I tried to get up as discreetly as possible but fell short oh well...
    Brer_Fox

Disney Trips
    1988-2000 - 3 Trips Off Property

Oct 2005 - Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon)
    Oct/Nov2006 - Wilderness Lodge
    Oct/Nov2008 - Wilderness Lodge/ Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Oct/Nov 2012 - Beach Club Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Ian was riding Everest and had just pulled into the station when they picked him.

Lucky 'you know what'! Seriously though, if you want to read about his experience, here it is:

Wacky Clan in the Castle

Post Thanks / Like

Neil Patrick Harris recently tweeted that his husband, David Burtka, arranged for them to stay in the suite. Not sure if their twins Gideon & Harper were there with them or not (I think not because David arranged some crazy cross-country birthday scavenger hunt for Neil and they never mentioned the kids tagging along).

Here's a link to the tweet.
    *Cindy

Sep20 - Yacht Club
    Sep19 - WL Villas
    Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP
    Sep08 - WL Villas
    Sep07 - POR
    Feb95 - WL
    Jun90 - GF
    Aug86 - Big Red Boat

Plus Disneyland (x3) and Offsite (x5)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AvonleaCF View Post
    Neil Patrick Harris recently tweeted that his husband, David Burtka, arranged for them to stay in the suite. Not sure if their twins Gideon & Harper were there with them or not (I think not because David arranged some crazy cross-country birthday scavenger hunt for Neil and they never mentioned the kids tagging along).

Here's a link to the tweet.
    He's done the Candlelight Processional narration a couple of times right? I wonder if the suite is regularly used for some of those speakers or the celebs who participate in the parade taping??
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2013 YC, WL, CR (good year!)
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR
    2016 YC, Universal Portofino, GF, Waldorf

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Bukowski

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to just see it in person! I know getting the chance to stay there won't happen. I was there during the promotion year and was crossing my fingers every day. We did not get lucky...

I think we blew all our luck for a lifetime when we were picked to be Grand Marshalls in the Stars and Cars Parade in 2003 during our honeymoon. I wish Disney still did stuff like that!!

I think it is very hard on the staff to have someone stay in the castle, because if someone is staying in the park, there would need to be at least a single CM on duty in the building the whole time...and what about if you wanted to leave your room after the park closed??

...could you imagine checking into your hotel room and being told that you are not staying there, but are staying in the castle that night??
    1980 Golf Resort(Was Disney Inn, now Shades of Green)
    1986 Contemporary
    1992 Swan
    1999 POFQ
    2003 (10/13-21) AKL Platinum Honeymoon (Grand Marshals - HS)
    2008 (10/7-15) Poly Platinum 5th Anniversary!
    2013 (10/6-13) Poly Platinum 10th Anniversary!
    2013 (10/13-17) Disney Dream

Post Thanks / Like

I saw it but did not stay there. When I worked for Disney, I was given a private tour of the suite with a few other coworkers. It was really something special.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DVC2004 View Post
    I saw it but did not stay there. When I worked for Disney, I was given a private tour of the suite with a few other coworkers. It was really something special.
    I have given up on getting the chance to stay there - so just seeing it would be wonderful...maybe I can hide in a closet and stay the night...(kidding! really!)

I wonder if it is possible to arrange a tour? I promise NOT to hide in the closet.
    1986 Contemporary
    1992 Swan
    1999 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRose1 View Post
    I think we blew all our luck for a lifetime when we were picked to be Grand Marshalls in the Stars and Cars Parade in 2003 during our honeymoon. I wish Disney still did stuff like that!!
    Every day at Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom A Guest Relations Cast Member randomly picks out the Grand Marshals for the parades each and every day, with the exception of celebrities like the Super Bowl champions, etc.

I think it is very hard on the staff to have someone stay in the castle, because if someone is staying in the park, there would need to be at least a single CM on duty in the building the whole time...and what about if you wanted to leave your room after the park closed??
    There's more Cast Members in the park after it closes than there are during a normal operating day Custodial and Maintenance cast take over once guests have cleared the park. When there are guests staying in the suite, (well, at least with "normal" guests like for the Years of a Million Dreams), there was at least one "Concierge"/Guest Relations Cast Member. Guests are not permitted to leave the suite and "just wander around"...LOL...Once you're in the suite, you're in there all night.

My wife, when she was a Tomorrowland Cast trainer, actually got to tour the suite as part of the training team - and got pics I'd have to see if I can find them...
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

You mean a picture like this?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Jim View Post
    Every day at Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom A Guest Relations Cast Member randomly picks out the Grand Marshals for the parades each and every day, with the exception of celebrities like the Super Bowl champions, etc.

There's more Cast Members in the park after it closes than there are during a normal operating day Custodial and Maintenance cast take over once guests have cleared the park. When there are guests staying in the suite, (well, at least with "normal" guests like for the Years of a Million Dreams), there was at least one "Concierge"/Guest Relations Cast Member. Guests are not permitted to leave the suite and "just wander around"...LOL...Once you're in the suite, you're in there all night.

My wife, when she was a Tomorrowland Cast trainer, actually got to tour the suite as part of the training team - and got pics I'd have to see if I can find them...
    Thank you so much for your clarification...I guess I was under the impression that there are no more grand marshalls. But it's good to know I'm wrong.

I was not aware there were so many people in the park after closing - makes sense! But there still have to be an additional person available for the suite, hey at least I got one thing right...!!

I was wondering how they handled leaving people in the suite - makes sense that once they are in they are in for the night.

I have seen pictures, but I knownit does not do it justice.

Thank you so much for clarifying!
    1986 Contemporary
    1992 Swan
    1999 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering how they handled leaving people in the suite - makes sense that once they are in they are in for the night.
    You'd probably have to ask Ian

I've had GR friends scheduled for Concierge when I was working at the park, but they didn't divulge much detail on how it works.

How 'bout it, Ian? Did they just "lock you in and throw away the key" until the next morning? I haven't read *the* post yet...LOL
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

WOAH WOAH WOAH Stop the clock!

Ian stayed in the castle?

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to ask the same question. I recently read that Doogie Howser also satyed in the castle suite to celebrate his Birthday. It was a suprise from his boyfriend. I guess money won again and disney gave in. If you can pay, you can stay.
    70's-Days Inn
    80's? Dec-Polynesian/GolF Resort
    1980 Poly
    1987-Off Prop
    Early 90's-CB
    Sept. 2002- Contemporary
    Sept. 2004-WL
    May 2005-Off Prop
    Oct 2005-All Star Music
    Oct 06 POFQ
    Sept 07 BC
    April 08 POFQ
    Sept 08 Poly
    Dec 09 WL
    Sept 10 POR
    Sept. 11 POR
    Sept. 12 BC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledudes View Post
    I was going to ask the same question. I recently read that Doogie Howser also satyed in the castle suite to celebrate his Birthday. It was a suprise from his boyfriend. I guess money won again and disney gave in. If you can pay, you can stay.
    I don't think it's money. I think it's celebrity. I doubt they even charged him for it. They got promotional press out of the deal and encouraged thousands of regular people to dream that they, too, one day could be so lucky as the fabulous people like Neil Patrick Harris, Tom Cruise, and Ian.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I have given up on getting the chance to stay there - so just seeing it would be wonderful...maybe I can hide in a closet and stay the night...(kidding! really!)

I wonder if it is possible to arrange a tour? I promise NOT to hide in the closet.
    You know, I have no idea. I know the private tour I had was a surprise my manager set up for me and a few coworkers. We weren't told where we were going and were picked up in a van. The van drove us back behind the Main Street facade and dropped us off. We went over to the castle and a young lady CM met us there and took us up for a tour. It was really cool! Though I didn't like seeing the unmagical backside of Main Street ( I just tried to look down and not around!). We spent a good 20-30 minutes looking around and taking pictures. So I would think it wouldn't be something you could arrange unless you knew a higher up that worked there. Sorry.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    They got promotional press out of the deal and encouraged thousands of regular people to dream that they, too, one day could be so lucky as the fabulous people like Neil Patrick Harris, Tom Cruise, and Ian.

Post Thanks / Like

*goes to the "stupid ian and his stupid castle" thread and updates castle count to #1,234,578,921*
    Last edited by TinkerbellT421; 04-12-2013 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Had to add a digit to the count ;)
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

When I check in to the Poly, I'm going to ask if I can see the 2 floor suite there, and if I get the chance to see that I'll ask nicely if I can see the castle suite too...what do you think are my chances?
    1986 Contemporary
    1992 Swan
    1999 POFQ

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: