Quantcast Do you request a particular room or section of a resort? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Do you make a room request?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • I always request a room location.

40 48.19%
  • I pay for a preferred location.

9 10.84%
  • I let the resort assign me to a room.

14 16.87%
  • It depends on the resort/ my travelling party.

24 28.92%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I always request a room section. However, I've found that when the just assign me something, I'm really happy about my location. The one time I got my choice the first time I came to a resort, I ended up in the Alligator Bayou at POR. We didn't like it at all. All we could think of was how nice the mansions were and we were stuck in the woods.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I usually request a particular room number, not so much caring if I get THAT room, but I always get a room in that building, on that floor & in the general vacinity of an area we know we like! Pop Century is so very accomodating! Kudo's to the CM's there!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

The only request I normally make is for a lower floor. I'm not a fan of elevators or heights so put me somewhere near stairs and I'm a happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post
    This thread made me think about this more. With modern technology what it is, why couldn't we book specific locations or at least specific buildings when we do book our vacations? They block out the rooms as they are booked within certain categories now anyway so this would just carry that one step further. It's done on cruise ships and airplanes all the time.
    Great idea but I think it would be tough to do. For cruising and flying everyone is set for one day or time period. For hotels, people are randomly coming and going, changing, and canceling.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Selecting Room

Quote Originally Posted by Madame Leona View Post
    There are so many factors that go into my resort planning. Most of the time, I've just gone where I was told to go. However, my kids like me to go get them breakfast and they eat it in the room. If I let them veg out in the morning, the day is much more pleasant. So my last trip and my upcoming trip, I have requested to be close to the food court area. That way I don't have too far to deliver breakfast to my kids and coffee to my mom. I think they just take me on vacation to be their pack mule and room service provider. Maybe this trip I should ask for tips
    That is funny!
    Pack Mule, I will have to use that one. The closer the better
    Jen
    Massachusetts

October 1995 - Carribean Beach

November 2007 - All Star Movies

August 2016 - All Star Music/Port Orleans Riverside

August 2019 - All Star Music/Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

Like another poster one of the most important parts of our trip is the room and view since I spend a lot of time just hanging out and relaxing on the balcony. We always book a courtyard view room at the WL and that used to guarantee that we'd be on the inner U overlooking the pool and such. I guess a few years ago, they made it so the other side was also considered courtyard since it looked onto the pool and other "courtyard". Since I heard that I've always requested the inner courtyard and floors 4-6 since we don't like the closed in balconies at the top, and I like to be up a little bit so I can see what's going on. In the past they've been really great about accomidating this, and the one time I didn't like our room at all (there was a giant tree blocking the whole view) they were able to move us to a perfect location. I just wish they hadn't changed the definition of "courtyard" since that would make is so much simpler. Can't wait to see that view again!
    Kristina
    "A dream can be a dream come true, with just that spark in me and you" - Figment & Dreamfinder

Oct 2017 WL
    Oct 2014 WL
    May 2013 WL (DS 1st Trip) - Club Level
    Sep 2010 WL
    May 09 WL
    Oct 08 Poly
    Jun 07 WL (Disneymoon)
    Jul 04 WL
    Apr 2000 GF
    1982-1999 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    Great idea but I think it would be tough to do. For cruising and flying everyone is set for one day or time period. For hotels, people are randomly coming and going, changing, and canceling.
    I really don't think it would be that hard. The computer would block out rooms as they are booked. To me, it seems that it would be easier in the end - the computer has already done all of the work all along.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

when i stay at Pop i usually ask for the 50s, good location away from the main pool, close to main building.
    depends otherwise, not usually
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

I actually have only made requests at check-in time if needed. Depending on when I am arriving, if it's early in the morning and the room isn't likely ready yet I will make a request because odds are better that the request will be filled. Usually I am an "I get what I get" person.

But, this next trip I do have a desire to stay in a specific section and am arriving around 8:30 p.m. to my resort, and I am going to do online check in and put a request in then. If I wait until checking in it's not as likely that I'll get the section I want. Hopefully it will work out!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

I voted depends, normally I don't but my sister & I are surprising my daughter in sept with a stay at the Contemorary so we requested a theme park view Mary
    McbKaitlyn.
    "96" 1st trip last trip "04" granson#1 first trip

Magic lives on in memory of TomB
    9-16-58 to 8-08-02

Post Thanks / Like

Typically, we only request a top floor room. Other than that, we are pretty happy no matter where (building/view/etc) we are assigned a room.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

we only ask for a particular side of the hotel. WL facing the villas and since most people don't like that side we usually get it. butthe next trip I might just ask for a room on the other side. I heard there is some kind of pond or something with beavers?? I have looked for pictures but nothing comes up.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

I always request a couple of preferred building choices and specific floor. Let me say I have NEVER been given ANY one of the buildings I have requested but have been accomodated with the floor I requested. No clue why it happens . . . . and yes, I still try to request certain buildings. I guess I'm an eternal optimist that one day I'll get one of them.
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

We always pay for preferred because that puts us close to the food court, pool and buses.

Post Thanks / Like

For the most part we pay for any view/preferred location we want. If I do make a request I make sure that request is within the room type I paid for.

At CBR I booked preferred, then I requested ground floor in building 25 or 26, which are both preferred buidings.

At WL we booked a standard room and then requested the location we wanted, but still in the area where standard rooms are locacted.

And then there are times I don't make any requests. At YC this month I didn't request anything because I've never stayed there and didn't really know where I wanted to be. In that case I was happy with whatever location I was given!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

If we're at Pop, I request the 50s section.

POR is the Magnolia Terrace building.

When we stayed at CBR, I requested an area due to my friend's preference.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

If i am staying at the BLT i always request a lake view and high floor any other resort i am not worried with
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: