Quantcast Christmas or Halloween?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Christmas or Halloween?

I visited DisneyWorld in November 2007 when all the parks were decorated for Christmas. It was beautiful, but wondering whether we should try Halloween in 2013.
    Which do you prefer at Disney?
    Christmas or Halloween?
    Jen
    Massachusetts

October 1995 - Carribean Beach

November 2007 - All Star Movies

August 2016 - All Star Music/Port Orleans Riverside

August 2019 - All Star Music/Polynesian

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You can't go wrong with either choice!

As for myself, I prefer Christmas - going to see the Osbourne Lights, watching the parades, and combining the Christmas spirit with the magic of Disney... it's incomparable.

I recently went for a family reunion over Thanksgiving and highly recommend that time period to visit the parks. It didn't feel quite as crowded as it normally does during the holiday season, you get to be in the park at the beginning of December (right when the holiday spirit is flowing!), and you still get to experience all of the holiday decoration at Disney. If you do plan on going over Thanksgiving, I highly, highly recommend dining at the Wilderness Lodge!

Hope that helps
    Kati
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."

Last Trip: September, 2011: Beach Club
    Next Trip: September, 2012: Port Orleans

Post Thanks / Like

My preference is X-mas. Absolutely love the castle all lit up, it's so beautiful. Osbourne lights at DHS is also a favorite of mine. This will be my first year since 2003 that i won't be there during the holidays.
    Halloween is a nice time to go also, (we'll be there this year) just prefer X-mas.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Halloween

We prefer Halloween because of the Food & Wine Fest. It is just a little bit better than Christmas. Our child is grown so I am looking at it from an adult perspective. We love the story tellers in Epcot and the resort decorations for Christmas, but the F&WF is a must for us.
    First trip May 1996 and many since
    DVC Owner BWV
    Next trips 2015 : March SSR, May-AKLV& Poly Oct- BWV & Dec- BCV

Post Thanks / Like

We love both! You can't go wrong with either.
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

In terms of decorations, there's more at Christmas. All the parks, including the resorts, are decorated for Christmas (though they have scaled back quite a bit on decorations). At Halloween it's pretty much just MK. However, in October you have the Food & Wine Festival, which is top notch and probably better than any of the individual offerings found during the Christmas season. Also, MNSSHP is a LOT better than MVMCP. So, pros and cons to each. If you've never experienced October, it's a good time to go and I don't think you'll be disappointed, especially if you've already seen the Christmas stuff.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Default Christmas or Halloween

Thanks everybody!

If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know.
    Jen
    Massachusetts

October 1995 - Carribean Beach

November 2007 - All Star Movies

August 2016 - All Star Music/Port Orleans Riverside

August 2019 - All Star Music/Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

Christmas for sure!

Post Thanks / Like

If you have never done Halloween then I would give it a try. Everyone has their own things they like better. Best to try for yourself and see which you prefer. I enjoy trying Disney at differnt times of the year to expierence it all. They both are fun and offer different things. If you have little ones Halloween and the MNSSHP is a ton of fun. We all dressed up and my 3 year old grandson had a blast. We loved trick or treating, the decorations and all the folks dressed up. Christmas is also very festive.
    Scrappy

Post Thanks / Like

We've done both and always go back to Halloween!! Its such nice weather, so fun and spooky fun at the halloween party (Not scary at all just great atmosphere) plus Food and Wine Festival, just fantastic all around!
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

We have gone both times of year, but I don't think there is any better time to go to WDW than around the December holidays!
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

They are both great! But we love Christmas. There is just something about Disney World during Xmas time. It makes you feel so joyful. Halloween is really fun for the kids. I loved watching the people all dressed up.
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

While we love MNSSHP and all the fall decorations, we had the absolute best time at the Christmas party, and the castle at Christmas is just breathtaking.

MVMCP is so magical...my husband and I went 2 years ago, and could not believe how small the crowd was. We never had to wait for any ride, we actually walked down Main street almost by ourselves, for the fireworks we stood front and center and there was hardly anyone around us. It was the best time I have ever had at MK!

But we love the halloween party too.

I don't think you can go wrong either way.
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Also forgot to mention another fun thing at Christmas is going around to all of the resorts and seeing the Christmas decorations. The Christmas tree at our favorite resort, the AKL is just spectacular. And I think they have nightly programs in the lobby, like a choir singing christmas song, etc...

We went in early December. I've also been for Christmas, and stayed Christmas Eve. I'll have to say it was a little too hectic right at Christmas. I would try and go late November or early December to avoid the holiday craziness.
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

I've been at both times of years and I think I had more fun during the Halloween party. It was more interactive than the Christmas party. They were both great though and seeing all the decorations is a must do. As someone else pointed out though, during Christmas everything is decorated whereas Halloween is mostly contained to the MK. You'll be happy going at either time of year.
    șoșKathyșoș TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

we prefer Halloween over Christmas, Diney has its magic and you dont need christmas decorations to feel the magic! Love Halloween!;
    1982 Off Site 4 Days
    2006 All Star Music 10 Days
    2008 Pop Century 10 Days

2009 all star movies 10 days
    2010 all star Music 5 days
    2011 Port Orleans Riverside 10 days
    2013 Port Orleans Riverside 9 days
    2015 Caribbean Resort 10 Days

Post Thanks / Like

Ive done both and Xmas is very beautiful and alot of fun for everyone. However Halloween is just really cool! I would honestly say I like Halloween more and the MNSSHP is just awesome! I know some people dont think its worth the money to do it. But I am certainly not in Disney to save money. I spend money and I am happy with what I am doing. hehe

~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~
    Stayed: Contemorary (1), Polynesian (Many), Old Key West (Many), Floridian (1), Yatch Club (!), Boardwalk (1)

Post Thanks / Like

I like both very much, but if I had to pick just one, it would be Halloween. It's mostly for the Food & Wine Festival, but I think I like the weather better in October. I like it a little warmer and we've always had good luck with no rain around Halloween. Also, I like the Halloween party more than MVMCP. We went to the Christmas party last December and it poured most of the evening. Fireworks were terrible.

Charlie aka wdw dude

4/27-5/1/2010 Beach Club
    10/11-10/15/2010 Boardwalk
    12/9-12/13/2011 Boardwalk
    11/3-11/8/2012 Treehouse Villas/Boardwalk
    12/2-12/8/2013 Boardwalk
    10/25-10/31/2014 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

in the last 2 years we have done 3 MNSSHP and 3 MVMCP and i must say that in the end, Halloween was by far the most fun!

granted i really want a trip that is planned to incorporate the last MNSSHP and the first MVMCP at one time! if we went this year it would have in fact been possible given our time slots lol
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

our family votes hands down MNSSHP over Christmas.
    DVC Member as of 11/09 BLT!!
    1992 Dolphin Resort
    1995 stayed off-site
    2002 All-Star Movies Resort
    2007 (Oct) Port Orleans French Quarter
    2008 (Nov )1 night at POP
    2008 (Nov) Old Key West Resort
    2011 (Jan) BLT 2 room suite!!!
    2011 (Oct/Nov) BLT 1 bedroom suite
    2012 (Oct) BLT 2 room suite :-)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: