Quantcast Favorite Hidden Spots in the Parks

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Favorite Hidden Spots in the Parks

Hello Intercot!

I'm going back to WDW for my 10th time this September, and taking along the boyfriend for his 1st Disney trip.

I would love for this to be a new experience for the two of us together - and in the spirit of finding new things, what are your favorite hidden spots within WDW? I would love to hear everything, so please share away!

Thanks,
    K.
    Kati
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."

Last Trip: September, 2011: Beach Club
    Next Trip: September, 2012: Port Orleans

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Snap! I'm hopefully visiting again next year with my boyfriend and it will also be his first time! I don't think I have any very secret/special places that I can think of that you probably don't know about already but I definitely think a visit to the Poly to watch Wishes together on the beach would be a lovely thing to do!
    Also, be sure to remember to get him a 'first time' pin for him to wear throughout the trip!
    I'm looking forward to reading the other posts and see what everyone else has to say!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well now, that's going to depend on what for! For example, secret spots for eating? Relaxing? Watching fireworks?? Shortcuts? Best bathrooms that no one uses?

The first thing that comes to mind is not a secret, many on here love it, yet it's almost always empty. The top floor of the Columbia Harbor House restaurant in the Magic Kingdom. The restaurant itself is a nice break from regular counter service, and the upstairs is cool, well themed, clean, and usually only around 10% full. Plus it has some great bathrooms there that nobody uses!
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

@Mari - Welcome to Intercot!

@azcavalier - Looking for all new things, food, great spots to see the parade, hidden rooms/dining, etc. Any personal recommendations are more than welcome
    Kati
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."

Last Trip: September, 2011: Beach Club
    Next Trip: September, 2012: Port Orleans

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite thing to do is walk through the Animal Kingdom Lodge! The theming there is breath taking! The shop there also has interesting items in addition to the normal souvenier fare. Look out on the savannah and explore the grounds! I have never stayed there, but have visited and explored many times. My husband and I have also eaten at Jiko-the Cooking Place. It is the best meal we've had at WDW so far. From what I hear, BOMA is also very good. That is on our Restaurant bucket list for our next adult only trip! Enjoy your trip...I hope it is magical for you and your BF. Isn't exciting to know you're going with a newbie!!!
    Debbie
    Feb 87- off site/Nov 98-Poly
    98- Disney Magic Inaugural Cruise
    Jul 03-off site
    Sept 05/Aug. 11/Nov '20 -Pop Nov 08-POR
    Aug 09/May 10-ASMu
    Nov. 09-Disneyland/California Adv.
    Aug. 12- OKW
    Aug 13 SS
    Oct 14 AKL/AoA
    Oct. 18 POP
    Aug 19- Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dizneydeb22 View Post
    My favorite thing to do is walk through the Animal Kingdom Lodge! The theming there is breath taking! The shop there also has interesting items in addition to the normal souvenier fare. Look out on the savannah and explore the grounds! I have never stayed there, but have visited and explored many times. My husband and I have also eaten at Jiko-the Cooking Place. It is the best meal we've had at WDW so far. From what I hear, BOMA is also very good. That is on our Restaurant bucket list for our next adult only trip! Enjoy your trip...I hope it is magical for you and your BF. Isn't exciting to know you're going with a newbie!!!
    If you have dinner plans at the AKL, you might want to check to see if they are doing story-telling that night. We were fortunate enough to hear an African story sitting on the patio/balcony the night we ate at Boma. It was very unique.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicman View Post
    If you have dinner plans at the AKL, you might want to check to see if they are doing story-telling that night. We were fortunate enough to hear an African story sitting on the patio/balcony the night we ate at Boma. It was very unique.
    Thanks for the tip! You know in all the times I've gone there, I've never caught it! I've added it to my Disney bucket list!
    Debbie
    Feb 87- off site/Nov 98-Poly
    98- Disney Magic Inaugural Cruise
    Jul 03-off site
    Sept 05/Aug. 11/Nov '20 -Pop Nov 08-POR
    Aug 09/May 10-ASMu
    Nov. 09-Disneyland/California Adv.
    Aug. 12- OKW
    Aug 13 SS
    Oct 14 AKL/AoA
    Oct. 18 POP
    Aug 19- Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Here is one of my favorite spots and things to do. Arrive early for rope drop at the Magic Kingdom, early so that you are close to the front. Enjoy the show and when the rope drops hurry to the bakery on the right side on main street. Order one of the lunker Cinnamon rolls and a coffee and grab a seat by a window. Sit there wake up drinking the coffee and eating one of the best foods on Disney property and watch all the crowd roll by.

First trip 1986 ...
    Not enough since then!

Post Thanks / Like

One of the best secret spot in disney to relax is the fireplace on the third floor in the WL. Quiet cool and the crackling of fire is just great. Also a nice spot to relax is out on TSI. go around to aunt polly's and sit in one of the rockers and drink a lemonade.

One of the best secret (not really) attractions is going over to the stables at fort wilderness and see the horses.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

Oh goodie! This is a nice topic. I am a very quiet guy and i LOVE my quiet nooks in different places around parks and resorts. I could make a fairly large list actually but I will give u just a couple.

Upstairs Harbour House is a great one whoever said that.

I like going to the little nook directly across from Sleepy Hollow snack stand in MK. Its very shady and cool in there and noone is ever in there (at least when I go).

Animal Kingdom is great for a nice quiet walk, you have to look for the little walking paths around the Tree of Life. Last time I went on them I walked and not one person was on it.

Epcot would be that little section up to the left of Captain EO where the water squirts out of there ground. Not much shade there but when ppl exit the EO show and after they disperse, its super nice and quiet.

MGM (or HS for u new people) would be probably the Counter Service place directly next to the Honey I Shrunk the kids playground area. (I go during offseason, so this CS is usually closed and it just nice shaded area semi-quiet.)

~~~~ºoº~~~~ºoº~~~~ºoº~~~~ºoº~~~~ºoº~~~~ºoº~~~~ºoº~~~~
    Stayed: Contemorary (1), Polynesian (Many), Old Key West (Many), Floridian (1), Yatch Club (!), Boardwalk (1)

Post Thanks / Like

Kati this is a great question that I always have a difficult time answering, and I believe it is because I'm almost always on the move in WDW and rarely stop and enjoy the hidden spots.

However, whenever I think about this, my mind always goes to the Canada Pavilion, where just beyond the gorgeous gardens is a rocky mountain pass, complete with waterfall, that provides a little shade and the sound of running water. Vary relaxing.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

IDK if this qualifies, but DBF and I like to get away from the hustle and bustle with snack time.

We have a few restaurant bars that we enjoy visiting. We'll order assorted appetizers to split, depending on our hunger level. We have a drink and sometimes we chat with the bartender. Sometimes we don't.

We're out of the air conditioning and eating yummy food without stuffing ourselves and we can move at a slower pace. It's very relaxing.

We find yourself in the Yak and Yeti a lot, but Prime Time is a good time if you're in the mood for colorful staff. The bartender isn't in character, but everyone else is!

Post Thanks / Like

I love the garden behind the tea shop in The UK in Epcot (just past our very own Column). It's so pretty, and unless the Beatles band is playing, it's always very peaceful.
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

some good ones mentioned..
    watching Illuminations from the balcony outside Tokyo Dining in Japan.
    to the right of France theres some shrubs etc next to the shops. or the wine shop in France
    down below the bridge between France and England theres an area by the lake.
    garden in England where the band performs
    as stated the waterfall in Canada
    walking the path under the bridge outside International Gateway leaving Epcot towards BC
    walking from Epcot to DHS by the water.
    the exhibit area in China
    the parade passing over the bridge in MK from the castle Towards Hall of Presidents..
    having a Dole Whip by Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse.
    Tom Sawyer Island. actually found the paintbrush once to get a fastpass.
    DHS-the backstreets, One Mans Dream. the key under the carpet at the entrance to Muppets.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

WL.. sitting on upper floors looking down
    Boat to DD from PO, POFQ
    walking over bridge from POP to AOA
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

As a morning person, I usually look for a quiet place for my first cup of coffee in the morning...dock at CR and Poly, gazebo at SoG...

Hope the quiet (and hidden) walk between the Fantasyland train station (or whatever they call it) and Space Mountain is open again, with the Fantasyland expansion...

The smoking area in front of the Plaza is usually not very crowded, and since my long-haired room mate smokes, we often meet there, and enjoy our hot dogs (from Casey's), and a little quiet, even with the crowds within view

And almost any of the benches or tables overlooking the lake in DHS are available...quiet, although not private.
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

I see that you're staying at one of the PO resorts. At either of them, you can take a boat to and from DTD. I suggest doing this at night. DTD looks amazing from the water, especially when it is lit up for the evening. I also recommend walking around your resort. There are a lot of beautiful, quiet paths to explore. We found the food court at POR to be particularly relaxing.

One of my favorite "hidden" spots at the Magic Kingdom is the Cinderella fountain. If you stand in the right angle, it looks like Cinderella has been "crowned" by the crown in the mural behind her.

Make sure to explore all of the countries in Epcot, too.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

I have to add the Tom Sawyer Island's floating bridge. It is a stark contrast to the park's that brings me a simple pleasure.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

On our honeymoon, my wife and I took a carriage ride through Ft. Wilderness. Nice and quiet and saw some interesting Florida wildlife.
    *1993-CBR
    *1995-Dixie Landings
    *1999-2002 OKW (3 times)
    *2003-BCV(got engaged)
    *2005-Poly Concierge(honeymoon)
    *2007-AllStar Music(expecting 1st child)
    *2008- OKW (w/1st child)
    *2012-AKL villas

Post Thanks / Like

Fort Wilderness! Plan dinner at the Hoop Dee Doo or Trail's End, take the boat from CR and get there early. Walk around the area, up to the Meadow's Trading Post, and then come back and sit in the rocking chairs on the porch waiting for dinner. They even have checker & chess sets you can play. And the boat ride back to CR after dark is gorgeous!
    BLT 8 - 2012
    CR 11-2009
    DL/GC 11-2007
    YC 6-2006
    GF 12-2005
    FW 5-2004
    FW 2-2001
    FW 10-2000
    Off site 1-1998

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: