Quantcast Fairfax Fare reviews, anyone?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fairfax Fare reviews, anyone?

DH has decided that on our DHS day, he wants to get a turkey leg for lunch. I see that they are sold at Fairfax Fare, near the ToT. I was looking at the menu and saw some things that looked interesting, especially the salad and the gourmet hot dogs. Has anyone eaten there recently?
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I haven't eaten there, but I agree! In planning for our upcoming trip, we are taking some newbies, and I was looking at various menus for places we haven't tried. I was looking at this menu and thought, "Holy Cow! This looks great!" Given all of the poor CS restaurants at DHS, this looks like it could be the best, yet NO ONE on here ever seems to mention it.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious for replies as if we don't schedule a priority seating at Sci Fi we're at a loss as to where to have lunch at DHS! IMHO, the DHS CS offerings are truly lacking, at least in our experience. Last year was our first trip that I made no ADR'S! and it was sooo liberating! We didn't have to be anywhere at any time other than park openings! It was fantastic! And I had no problems deciding on CS options at the other parks, in fact, usually had several for fam to choose from. DHS, is another story! No CS, in our limited experience, truly stands out. Last year we had lunch at ABC Commissary in DHS and it was ok. I'd really appreciate a two thumbs up on any CS in DHS!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

I do not understand how the food in one park can be so much worse than the other three. We have found the snacking strategy to work better in DHS than actually eating a full CS meal there. The turkey leg will work for DH, at least.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

My guess is that you never hear anything about it because it's just as bad as the rest of DHS food.

I got something from Fairfax Fare a few years back, and now I don't even remember what it was, but I remember throwing most of it away and then getting a soft pretzel a few minutes later. We left and went to Epcot for lunch at Sunshine Seasons instead.

Just about the only stuff that is decent in that area is the fresh fruit.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tink#64 View Post
    I'm curious for replies as if we don't schedule a priority seating at Sci Fi we're at a loss as to where to have lunch at DHS! IMHO, the DHS CS offerings are truly lacking, at least in our experience. Last year was our first trip that I made no ADR'S! and it was sooo liberating! We didn't have to be anywhere at any time other than park openings! It was fantastic! And I had no problems deciding on CS options at the other parks, in fact, usually had several for fam to choose from. DHS, is another story! No CS, in our limited experience, truly stands out. Last year we had lunch at ABC Commissary in DHS and it was ok. I'd really appreciate a two thumbs up on any CS in DHS!
    This is off-topic a bit from the original post, but we have found Pizza Planet and the Backlot Express to be OK. Two thumbs up? Eh. Not disgusting, though. The ABC Commissary is routinely considered the worst dining in all of WDW.

C'mon people! Has no one eaten at Fairfax Fare?
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

I've eaten there for both B-fast and lunch. I just looked at it as fuel and it was edible.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

It's fine. If I know I'm going to be in DHS now for lunch, I make an ADR, or I get a bakery treat from Starring Rolls. It's just all so foul.

I have also been known to take the boat to Epcot for some real food.
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: