Quantcast Star Wars

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars

Post Thanks / Like

Default Star Wars

Has anyone been on the new Star Wars ride yet and how is it compared to the old ride. My youngest loves this ride and he is looking forward to the new version.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I rode it in june and loved it. I know they have at least 2 different versions. I rode it twice and it was different. To me the 3d did not add much. It still moves just like the old one.
    Foshe's
    Aug 2-11, 2014
    Sept 21-26, 2013no kids allowed
    June 2-9, 2012
    dec 20-26,2009
    July 11-17 2009, DEC21-25 2008,
    July 13-18 2008, Aug 6-10 2007
    July 2006/ French quarter
    July 2005/ Yach club
    July 2004/ POP (familys first trip)

Post Thanks / Like

Rode it once each time on our last two trips and got the same film on each. Liked it. Can't say I like it better than the old version but I did like it.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

There's actually about 50 different combinations you can get on your ride. Since it reopened last year (May 2011) we've been down there 4 times for various teaching trips (nice for me to go to Disney on their dime!) and my boys ride it repeatedly every time. They love all the different scenes, though they definitely have their favorites, and, of course, they always hope to be the rebel spy each trip (and each has a few times). I think SW 2.0 is a wonderful upgrade over the last one.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Star Tours is one of my son's favorite rides also, but too be honest, after the 5th or 6th ride in a row, it was losing some of the thrill for me.

I had the opportunity to ride the new version last year right after it opened when I was at the park on a solo trip. I arrived early and had the chance to do it 3 times in a row wth no waiting.

All I can say is WOW! Loved it - much better than the original. The new version has (I believe) 2 beginnings, 3 middles, and 3 endings, so each ride promises to be a little different. The 3D element is great and you still get all the simulator movement as the original.

Looking forward to arriving later this week so i can tak my son on it again..and again..and again. I am sure your son will love, as will mine.
    Last edited by phillydan; 07-21-2012 at 11:16 AM. Reason: typos

2018 Port Orleans Riverside
    2012 Port Orleans Riverside
    2011 Port Orleans French Quarter
    2009 Grand Floridian
    2007 Contemporary
    2006 Grand Floridian
    2004 Polynesian
    1980 Day trip to MK

Post Thanks / Like

How is this ride for those of us who get motion sick? Anyone remember body wars? That ride really made me sick so I have not tried any since. My grandon really loves Star Wars so I will probably ride it on our up coming trip and was just wondering if it was going to make me sick.
    Scrappy

Post Thanks / Like

If Body Wars made you feel sick, chances are Star Tours 2 will as well with the added 3D effects. But you won't know for sure unless you try it for yourself. I've heard people complain about the 3D making them feel sick But I personally never had any problems.
    I rode it a bunch of times last Sept & even went on 7 times in a row during EMH. IMO Star Tours 2 is much better than the original. The Hoth scene is one of my favorites. I even like the fact that there are little nods towards the original version.
    ºoº Joe ºoº
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Dolphin - May '99
    Pop - July '04
    ASMu - Sept '05
    Pop - Sept '06
    Pop - Sept '07
    Pop - Sept '08
    Pop - Sept '09
    Pop - Sept '10 HONEYMOON
    Pop - Sept '11
    Pop - Nov '12
    Pop NYE '13/'14
    NEXT TRIP - Pop - Nov 9th-16th '14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy2 View Post
    How is this ride for those of us who get motion sick?
    Motion sickness could be an issue, but I didn't think this version was as bad as the original, and no where near as bad as Body Wars, on the motion sickness scale.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Love the new version. Rode it several times on our trip in May. We got two different versions and liked one more than the other. I liked the original but love the new ones.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got back from a trip here last night, I finally got to try the new Star Tours on this trip. Normally DHS is a once a trip park for me since I don't care for how insanely long the lines for the major attractions are during the busy seasons. This time I actually made it over to DHS multiple times just to ride it. I have to say that after trying it out Star Tours has returned to being one of my top favorite Attractions now.

After years and years of riding the classic version it kinda lost its luster for me the last few years and I'd only hit it up once. Even though I'm a complete and total star wars geek.

I absolutely love the new version and personally feel it blows the original away. Especially since I always felt the original had little to no real point or story to it, beyond being a star wars experience.

I think the young ones will really appreciate it more then the original since it has some of the feel of the newer movies to it.
    Last edited by Morpheous; 07-21-2012 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Being Tired and forgetting to finish a statement.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

Upcoming Trip: None planned at the moment.

2012 - Offsite
    2010 - CR
    2009 - CR
    2007 - CR
    2005 - CR
    Disneyland - Many Times 1985 - 2003

Post Thanks / Like

According to the Intercot Podcast, they said 54 different possible variations. I know I am being nit-picky

~~~~ºoº~~~~ºoº~~~~ºoº~~~~ºoº~~~~ºoº~~~~ºoº~~~~ºoº~~~~
    Stayed: Contemorary (1), Polynesian (Many), Old Key West (Many), Floridian (1), Yatch Club (!), Boardwalk (1)

Post Thanks / Like

The greatest thing since dole whips.

Post Thanks / Like

My mission for next trip is to ride it as much as it takes until I see Naboo! It was one of my favorite places in the movies *Waits to be yelled at for blasphemy*
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy2 View Post
    How is this ride for those of us who get motion sick?
    These kinds of rides make me motion sick, too. But my last trip to Disney, I took some Dramamine. I was able to ride this and The Simpsons ride at Universal without getting motion sick. Spider-man at IOA would make me sick too but no problems with Dramamine. I did learn the hard way to only take 1 pill, not 2 like recommended because when I took 2, I got so drowsy, we had to leave MK after half a day because I could barely stay awake. With 1 pill, I didn't notice any drowsiness at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly I thought it was just marginally better than the first one but not worth all the hype. I still liked it. I liked the original version too. It was nice to have a different experience after riding Star Tours countless numbers of times.

Part of my disgruntled attitude could be because we were at Disneyland the first week it was open. The standby line was at least two hours long and we had to wait in a 30 minute line just to get Fastpasses. It was so crazy! After all the hassle I did not think it was worth it.

If I just rode it with a normal wait time or a regular Fastpass that I just walked up to get my impression of the ride might be different.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

Thank you for all the input I am sure my son will love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Rode it in December, and thought it was better than the first version. The 3D was spectacular....I think it added to the ride. The story wasn't bad, either. That said, I did get sick on it, and I never got sick on the old version. I didn't have a "Protein spill", but i was sweating and didn't feel good....however, i'm determined to try it again. I'm going to do what a previous poster did and take Dramamine before I go on it. I thought it was that good.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Body Wars made me so sick. I never puked, but I was always a little green.

Star Tours didn't give me a problem until the last time I rode the old version. I've rode the new version twice and it didn't bother me much. I just thought I'd throw that in there for the sake of comparison.

Post Thanks / Like

My Daughter and I LOVED LOVED LOVED the new Star Wars. Every time we rode (over 5 times) it was different. The 3D isn't bad BUT if you have issues with motion sickness - I can see you having issues with this ride.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion, this is one rehab that didn't completely ruin the ride. It's still similar to the old one; just much improved.

I didn't like Body Wars, I just felt it threw me around way too much. Star Wars is not nearly as violent as that one. I have vertigo issues and this ride didn't affect me in the least.
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: