Quantcast HHN Theme - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HHN Theme

Post Thanks / Like

The Alice Cooper house last year in Hollywood was supposed to be awesome, so I have high hopes.

I've heard a lot of rumors about only 6 houses because of construction in the parks. If this is true, I'm hoping that the scare zones outside these major houses will more than make up for it (as the scare zones have been a little underwhelming the past few years, IMO).

Does anyone know if the Penn and Teller show rumor is true?
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mfarquar View Post
    The Alice Cooper house last year in Hollywood was supposed to be awesome, so I have high hopes.

I've heard a lot of rumors about only 6 houses because of construction in the parks. If this is true, I'm hoping that the scare zones outside these major houses will more than make up for it (as the scare zones have been a little underwhelming the past few years, IMO).

Does anyone know if the Penn and Teller show rumor is true?
    Supposedly Penn and Teller are in Orlando, well, at least Penn... And on FB, Universal said to expect another announcement soon... Possible the announcement may be regarding Penn and Teller???
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope so! I saw their show in Vegas about 7 years ago and it was really good!

They have one trick in particular that I think would fit in well with the event (it involves a bunny and a wood chipper!). I can see them transitioning quite nicely to fit in with the feel of the event, but still remaining true to their style.
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

I hope so! I saw their show in Vegas about 7 years ago and it was really good!

They have one trick in particular that I think would fit in well with the event (it involves a bunny and a wood chipper!). I can see them transitioning quite nicely to fit in with the feel of the event, but still remaining true to their style.
    Then you are going to be very happy.. CONFIRMED!!!

Famed magicians Penn & Teller are creating a Las Vegas-themed haunted house for this year’s Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios.

The storyline of the maze will be involve the duo’s new trick featuring a nuclear warhead, Penn Jillette said this week.

“We blow up all of Las Vegas. It goes terribly, terribly wrong,” said Jillette, the taller one of the twosome.

So, the house, called “Penn & Teller New(kd) Las Vegas,” will have a radioactive feel and include Vegas staples such as showgirls, slot machines and an all-you-can-eat buffet.

The idea is “to take all the lights and the sounds and all the clichés of Las Vegas and turn them upside down into a fun nightmare, which is what haunted mazes are supposed to be,” Jillette said.

Universal Orlando officials approached Penn & Teller with the Halloween Horror Nights proposal early this year, said Jim Timon, senior vice president of entertainment. Both Penn and Teller have made multiple trips to Orlando to work on the project with Universal’s creative team.

“They’re not just putting their name on a haunted house,” Timon said.

They liked being working in the same room as Universal’s Horror Nights veterans, Jillette said.

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! That's great news. Unexpected, but good!

That explains those pictures that popped up with a "Welcome to Las Vegas Sign" in the construction area.

Maybe they'll do a couple of shows... I'd imagine that would be a separately ticketed event...

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! That's great news. Unexpected, but good!

That explains those pictures that popped up with a "Welcome to Las Vegas Sign" in the construction area.

Maybe they'll do a couple of shows... I'd imagine that would be a separately ticketed event...
    Rumor has it they may even be appearing in the house on select night... But that is only a rumor and should be treated as such...

Post Thanks / Like

That would be very cool!

I'm sure they won't both opening weekend Seems like an appearance would probably happen on a Saturday night once Universal has given a few goes of it.

I wonder what the 2nd show will be... I would imagine they will need one because of the possibility of less houses.

Post Thanks / Like

Dunno... but their house will be in 3D as well.. not sure of the press release stated that... There is a pretty cool spoiler ad on You Tube..

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I'm going to go check that out.

Post Thanks / Like

Universal will be making another announcement very soon about the next house... On FB they have released a teaser picture... It is of a doll... A very creepy doll.. Dead Silence reborn??? Puppetmaster??? We shall soon see...

Post Thanks / Like

Ohhhhhhh... I can't wait to see what it is. I have a feeling it will be a movie tie-in. Now to only figure out which one!

I wouldn't be against a Dead Silence 2 - the house was 100 times better than the movie! (loved the catwalk effect and the old lady ghost gliding on roller skates!

Fingers crossed it's something really good...

Post Thanks / Like

Now that I think of it, one of the little girl characters, Sophia, on the Walking Dead left behind her doll before she disappeared last season... Hmmmm... maybe a tie-in with the overall Walking Dead theme that is rumored? Doubtful, but you never know.

Post Thanks / Like

Saw the page. Definitely looks ventriloquist-ish. Still no announcement or webpage update from Universal.

Post Thanks / Like

Interestingly enough, the theme has been partially announced for Universal Singapore's Halloween Horror Nights.

Although the themes have never been identical at the different parks, I find it really interesting that the main character seems to be a half-man, half-doll/dummy puppetmaster.

You can see the new Singapore poster by doing a quick facebook search for "Resorts World at Sentosa".

Post Thanks / Like

New promotional photo primarily featuring Walking Dead, but also Silent Hill and Alice Cooper is up on HHN's official Facebook page.

No theme announced yet!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: