Quantcast Resort Bucket List

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Resort Bucket List

I am curious to see how many people have stayed or would like to stay at various resorts. I know some people become married to specific resorts, but I like to test the waters and try new things when I can!

I have stayed at:
    Deluxe: Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge, Dolphin
    Moderate: Caribbean Beach Resort
    Value: Pop Century, All Star Movies
    Of all of those, I would go back to each one except CBR, just didn't do it for me.

I would like to stay at:
    Bay Lake Towers
    Port Orleans Riverside-Royal Room
    Art of Animation
    Boardwalk
    Beach Club (Mainly because of the pool)
    Treehouse Villa(Maybe)

I will pretty much stay anywhere I can get a good deal, but these are the ones that currently interest me the most.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been fortunate enough to stay at most of the various Disney resorts at least once and am closing in on the others that I have not yet visited.

I have not stayed at Boardwalk, Saratoga Springs, Art of Animation, Animal Kingdom - Kidani, All Star Sports or Movies (though I have stayed at Music and sort of consider them all as one - right or wrong). I have not stayed at the Swan or Dolphin but do not consider them Disney resorts.

Some resorts, we have enjoyed more than others for a variety of reasons and we certainl have our favorites.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to have one day stayed at every resort. We are well on our way.

We have stayed at:
    Value: Movies, Sports, Pop
    Moderate: CBR, CSR, POR, POFQ
    Deluxe: AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani (in 17 days), WL, Poly, SSR, OKW, BC, YC (during this coming trip), BW (at end of coming trip), Swan, Shades of Green.

Have not stayed at:
    Value: Music, Art of Animation
    Moderate: Ft. Wilderness
    Deluxe: Grand Flo, CR, BLT, Dolphin

Hopefully within then next few years we can finish them all. The ones remaining don't have a huge appeal to my family (except GF for me, and CR or BLT for oldest DS), so I expect we'll do a few split stays just to try them. We have our favorites that we continue returning to. If we had never revisited some of our favs we would have done them all by now, but some resorts just keep us coming back.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Fun post!!

We've stayed at:
    Deluxe: Poly (club level--the only way I'd go back!)
    Mod: POFQ, POR, CSR
    Value: POP

Wow, not too many LOL I would go back to Poly or POFQ, and POP over the other Values.

I would love to stay at the Beach Club (have a reservation there for November, fingers crossed for a good discount and cheap airfare!), the GF, and the Contemporary, only to say that I've done it, and AKL and the Treehouse villas--again, just to have tried it once!
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

We have only stayed at Music, Pop, and AKL but will be adding Art of Animation and Dolphin to that list in September. We are just kind of picky. We have no desire to stay at any moderates - their theming is nice, but doesn't interest us much. I think it is because they don't offer much more for us than Pop. If we are going to pay quite a bit more, I'd rather do AKL or WL and get something pretty special.

So when we don't have a lot to spend, we stay at Pop because we prefer the theming/food court/bus situation over the All Stars. When we do have $$ we LOVE AKL, the animals outside the window and the African theme so we stay there.

In the future, we would like to try Wilderness Lodge (see a theme here, lol), Poly & Contemporary Tower (just once to have that view ).

I am thinking that OUR version of a moderate may become Swan or Dolphin as I can get the teachers discount which makes it an affordable way to stay in the boardwalk area. I really think we are going to like it there!
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LandFan View Post
    I am thinking that OUR version of a moderate may become Swan or Dolphin as I can get the teachers discount which makes it an affordable way to stay in the boardwalk area. I really think we are going to like it there!
    I hear you on the value of moderates-I just don't see it. We enjoyed our stays at POP and ASMovies much more than CBR. For the price jump, I'd rather go Deluxe. We stayed at Dolphin on the teacher's discount last summer for a short trip, and the location was great for the price. It is lacking in the overall Disney "feel" but the rooms were VERY nice and the overall hotel is gorgeous. You have so much within walking distance, it really is a good deal.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at CSR, POFQ, and POR. Our "bucket list" is AKL, WL, Poly, and the Contemporary. Beach Club is on honerable mention because we would love to stay that close to Epcot, but the theming doesn't appeal to me as much.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

I want to stay at all the resorts (See signature below for which one's I've been) but here is my MUST DO list:

1. AKL: Savanna View
    2. Wilderness Lodge (again)
    3. Poly
    4. Contemporary: MK view
    5. Beach/Yacht Club
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed at:
    Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Beach Club, Dolphin, and Port Orleans Riverside.

We are Grand Floridian people, with occasional Polynesian stays. Though we have tried to branch out, it never satisfies and we yearn for our GF home. Though I did find the Dolphin to be exceptionally comfortable for me when I stayed there for a conference.

And I would like to try:
    The Boardwalk, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Bay Lake Tower. And maybe a Value just to say I've tried. But I have a feeling that I might be happier to just stick with the Grand Floridian as often as possible.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

My stays so far:

Deluxe: Yacht Club, Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge

Moderate: All

Value: POP and All Star Movies

DVC: Bay Lake Tower

Also Swan and Shades of Green

I've pretty much hit all areas and price ranges. I'd love to stay at Contemporary Tower and Poly, as well as Art of Animation at some point.

I used to think I wanted to stay at every resort, but I'm seeing it probably won't be possible, and being that I really have no desire to stay at GF, I'm okay with that.

Post Thanks / Like

This year will be our third year in a row staying at POR. Not because we love it, which we do, but because we bring MIL along so we need a room for 5 in our price range. It kind of kills me a little though because I want to experience as many different resorts as I can. We probably never could afford Grand Floridian or the Contemporary plus my husband would never pay that much for a room, so my bucket list is...

AOA
    CBR (after a refurb of course)
    CSR
    WL
    AKL
    and..Poly
    1994 POFQ
    2003 ALL STARS SPORTS
    2007 OFF SITE
    Sept. 2009 POP
    Oct. 2010 POR
    Oct.2011 POR
    Sept. 2012 POR
    Sept. 2013 POR
    Sept. 2014 CBR
    Sept. 2016 POR
    Sept. 2017 POR

Post Thanks / Like

We are somewhat attempting to do them all...waiting on some to refurb before we try them....what we have left is (in the order of our interest in staying there)

Art of Animation

Kidani

Bay Lake

Boardwalk

Old Keywest
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

My goal was originally to stay at every resort once but as we've stayed at more, I am starting to get to the point where I am comfortable with where I have been and don't have a lot of ambition to continue my quest.

I have stayed

Value-Pop

Moderates - All including Fort Wilderness (cabins)

DVC- Kidani, Old Key West, Beach Club Villas, Bay Lake Tower

Deluxe - Contemporary, Poly, Beach Club, Yacht Club, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Wilderness Lodge.

I have Boardwalk Inn scheduled for later this year.

I think it is unlikely that I will stay at the rest of the values unless I needed a quick stay. Also I can't ever seem to bring myself to book Saratoga Springs. I think it is because no one ever seems to rave about them. The Grand Floridian was on my list but I can never seem to bring myself to pay the rates there.

I would love to do an MK view or Club level just once but I'd have to get a real good deal on it.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

I have only stayed at one value resort (ASMo) and it was not our thing at all. We disliked it so much that we joined DVC (we're a family of 6 who needed 2 regular rooms to stay in, so DVC made more financial sense to us over the long run).

I've stayed at Port Orleans and thought it was okay (that was before I'd stayed in a deluxe). I spent my honeymoon at the GF and was spoiled from then on. Once we had children we stayed in deluxes only because my husband likes them better. We did the Contemporary tower and the Wilderness Lodge (more than once - we loved it!) I'd love to stay at the Poly one day, but since we're DVC members we probably won't unless they build a DVC property there.

Of the DVC resorts I've stayed at all but VWL, OKW and the Treehouses. I'd like to stay at VWL and OKW, but I'm really not at all interested in the Treehouses. They just don't look like my cup of tea. At the top of my list is the new GF DVC property, whenever it opens and has availability for a non-owner!
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

As you can tell from my signature we are almost there! Here are my lists:

Stayed multiple times at: The Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, WDW Dolphin, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Riverside (Dixie landings), Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Music.

Stayed once at: Grand Floridian, Beach Club, Boardwalk, WDW Swan, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans French Qrt, Disney's Vero Beach.

Never stayed at: Yacht Club, Saratoga Springs, Old Key West, All Star Movies, Art of Animation, and Bay Lake Towers.

Would love to stay at Yacht and Bay Lake Towers so that is my bucket list. The others just don't really appeal to us. Maybe we could stay one night just to say we did.

Of all these resorts my favorites are 1) The Polynesian 2) WDW Dolphin 3) Contemporary 4) AKL 5) Beach Club

Least Favorites: Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside.
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

I've stayed at all 3 All-Stars, Pop, POFQ, Beach Club, Poly, and Wilderness Lodge.

I would really want to stay at the Contemporary.
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

We've been fortunate to have a varied array of resorts we've stayed at:

Deluxe: Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Animal Kinhdom Lodge
    Moderate: POFQ, POR, CBR, CSR
    Value: None

Our Bucket List:
    Deluxe: Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Beach Club, Kidani Village
    Moderate: Fort Wilderness Cabins
    Value: Art of Animation
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at:
    All Star Movies, Pop Century, Coronado Springs and Wilderness Lodge

would like to try:
    Animal Kingdom-Savannah view, Polynesian, Contemporary-Tower Theme Park View, Boardwalk, Yacht or Beach Club and Port Orleans POFQ and Riverside.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Values: Stayed at all except AofA - Fave is All Star Sports
    Mods: Stayed at all - Fave is POFQ
    Deluxe: All except GF and YC - Fave is BWI
    DVC: Only BWV and OKW

I guess the Grand Floridian and the Yacht Club, and now the Art of Animation Resort, are still on my Bucket List. (We want to hit them all at some point).

My favourite resort so far is the BoardWalk -- Inn or Villas I love them both! My least favourite is the Wilderness Lodge.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

For on site stays

Stayed at:

Tree Houses (the old ones as a kid)
    CBR
    POFQ
    VWL
    OKW (This August)

Bucket List

BLT
    Poly
    AKL
    BW

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: