Quantcast Jambo or Kidani

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Jambo or Kidani

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jambo or Kidani

Where is AKL DVC Club level and Savannah view better …… Jambo or Kidani? Thinking of renting some DVC points to add a couple nites to our stay as a treat. Never stayed at a deluxe not to mention DVC so need some opinions on this, please! And trying to decide between Club Level and Savannah view as well, so opinions welcome on that too!
    Disney BORN & BRED!

71-78 FL resident, MANY visits!
    78-79 CM@MK
    85&90-offsite
    94-SOG
    01&05-Band trips-offsite
    May08-1st visit 4 our spec DS! POFQ
    MAY09-POFQ-DD's college grad!
    POFQ/MNSSHP 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure if this is helpful or not, as we haven't stayed club level or had a savannah room, but we love Kidani. We rented points there for our trip last December. The pool is great, and the bus picks up and drops off there first.

Post Thanks / Like

Kidani is quiet and more relaxed than Jambo. It's also 75% of the time (more if you don't go to DtD) the first bus stop (pickup and dropoff).

I would go Savanah View over Club Level. While its nice, I didn't find Club Level to be worth the premium over at AKL. If you are going to take some of the Club Level only activities, then maybe, but it's an expensive upgrade and only available at Jambo.

Post Thanks / Like

Kidani without a doubt. We stayed at Jambo House and found ourselves wishing we had chosen Kidani. We liked the smaller size and the pool was better, though smaller, for us. As noted upgrading to Club Level is a huge difference. Now if you were planning on spending all day at the resort and enjoying all of the amenities offered then maybe it would be worth it.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

I have not stayed at club level or done the Savannah view but I have stayed at Jambo three times (twice pool view and once standard) and just stayed at Kidani in a 1 bedroom villa in April.

I have never paid for a Savannah view because I feel the opportunities to see animals are everywhere at both resorts so it is not worth the extra me for me. I do understand why others might like it.

Jambo:

-has all the restaurants plus the quick serve
    -has the larger gift shop
    -has the more impressive lobby
    -a beautiful oasis like pool
    -is noisier and may be busy with visitors and people dining at the restaurants
    -pool view as an option. Pool view will usually give you a room located near the lobby and other service areas.

Kidani
    -has a small gift shop with limited food options
    -pool bar with limited food options
    -beautiful pool with a large water area/play ground
    -smaller but attractive lobby
    -a quiet peaceful feel
    -no preferred or central location can be booked.
    -close garaged parking

Both have
    -great cast members
    -health club/spa services
    -room service
    -fantastic theming
    -lots of activites

After staying at both my preference is for Kidani though I would like it more if they offered a pool view or preferred location. Both resorts can have quite a walk if you are at the far end. I think either is a wonderful place to stay. It just depends which amenity is more important to you.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

I stayed at Kidani, and it was really nice. But when I had to travel all the way to Jambo for a counter service, and then saw how nice the lobby was, I think Jambo may have a slight edge. But that's just conjecture.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

We love the grand lobbies of jambo (and of ocurse WL)...we also like to be more" where the action is"...so for us jambo is more to our liking.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't stayed at Kidani but I visited it a few times and prefer Jambo House. I like have the restaurants and the better gift shop at my disposal. I never really found it to be overly busy either.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Our perfect situation - stay at Kidani, but ask for a room that is closer to the Jambo House entrance. That puts you in the middle of most of the important points of interest at AKL. You'll be a 5-10 minute walk from both pools, from Sanaa (Kidani), Boma (Jambo), Jiko (Jambo), and Mara (Jambo).

If you decide you want to do Club Level, then you will get to enjoy Jambo (no Club Level at Kidani). We've done AKL Club level several times, and it's definitely our favorite concierge service. But you can certainly enjoy the resort without it. One of our favorite events is the Sunrise Safari for AKL Club Level guests only. Lots of fun with the animals and an awesome breakfast. Good luck with your decision. You have 2 great choices!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the amazing information! Alas, it looks like I (as a rookie to renting DVC points) have waited too long and none of the options we want are available for the days we were looking at. I know now that I need to try to book them WAY before 2 months out. But all this information has been tucked away in my brain cuz guess who will be on top of her game next go round?!??
    Disney BORN & BRED!

71-78 FL resident, MANY visits!
    78-79 CM@MK
    85&90-offsite
    94-SOG
    01&05-Band trips-offsite
    May08-1st visit 4 our spec DS! POFQ
    MAY09-POFQ-DD's college grad!
    POFQ/MNSSHP 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: