Quantcast Having second thoughts... - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed the CBR, I love the tropical feel.. I stayed in Trinidad South which is now Pirate rooms and I loved the walk in the morning. At night (when the kids were tired) we jumped off the bus at Port Royal and grabbed snacks and drinks and hopped back on a bus to Trinidad South. No prob. The kids loved the main pool, but were just as happy to hop into the empty quiet pools too.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I was a bit scared about this long walk everyone is talking about but after I talked to everyone and Wendy telling me it's only about a 6 minute walk I'm not worrying about that any more since in May we stayed in the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge..and it was just about as long as a walk from our room to the food court every day..
    I'm really getting excited now..I'm gonna try not to stress over anything else for this trip!!
    Only 71 days
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizNee143 View Post
    I was a bit scared about this long walk everyone is talking about but after I talked to everyone and Wendy telling me it's only about a 6 minute walk I'm not worrying about that any more since in May we stayed in the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge..and it was just about as long as a walk from our room to the food court every day..
    I'm really getting excited now..I'm gonna try not to stress over anything else for this trip!!
    Only 71 days
    I just got back from CBR and hope to put up a trip report later today. We stayed in the pirate rooms and my kids adored them. They spent quite a bit of time battling from their "ships".

It is a lovely resort and I would definitely stay there again.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Only 71 days
    Way to go!!! Have a great trip!!
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry for your loss and my heart goes out to you.

I don't know when in Sept you are going but in about two days Disney will be releasing free dining for Sept 29 through Oct 4. Might be worth checking it out.

Have a great time!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Brittany,

Sorry to hear about such a tragic loss on your last trip. I think youre possibly going into your next trip with some trepidation due to the terrible experience on the last trip. This is normal.

From time to time we second guess some plans but what it always comes down to, in my mind, is the fact that we love WDW. The only thing that can change that, is WDW. If WDW changes for the worse, perhaps we'll stop going. But until then, we're going to keep heading to WDW and trying new things and new experiences. Some we've loved and some we have not. Though some plans we've made have been disappointing, even upsetting, we've checked off the list and added it to the "Things NOT to do in WDW." list.

I know im getting long winded, but I guess what Im trying to say is; if you try CBR and you dont like it, just remember there are a ton of other resorts to try. WDW is a great place to visit and sometimes we may not have the best time or experience for one reason or another. Freedom of change is a great thing and WDW has alot of variety.
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

It's just our last trip in May ended with me miscarrying our baby..and I'm just trying to make this the best trip possible and I think I'm just over thinking everything. This started as a long weekend get away just for my hubby and me to regroup..he wanted to surprise me and see me happy again..then I couldn't go back without our daughter and now I just think I'm over analyzing everything..it's making me crazy..
    Oh Brittany, I am so sorry. I think you will enjoy CBR, and don't dwell on it too much. No matter where you stay, this will be an important trip of magic and some healing after your loss. Here's hoping you have a lot of pixie dust!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to say I am so sorry for your loss. I hope this trip is a healing one.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I've gone cheaper on the resorts, and always regretted it. I've spent more, and have never regretted it.

Right now, the CBR prices are on par w/ POR and PORFQ, so, all of those are great.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry... i know something like that must b hard. my father died on one of my trips to WDW...
    my gf and I split a stay at CBR w WL..and she wanted to try t Pirates rm but we didnt.
    another time we stayed at POP.
    i like splitting stays.
    dont worry, its disney. enjoy t time together.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone! It was a hard way to end our last vacation..even harder when we had to drop an extra 800 bucks since we had missed our flight home..but trying to put that all behind us.. ( don't get me wrong it was a great first trip for our daughter..we all had a good time)
    I am definitely feeling better about the decision and we are all excited to go! Only 51 days!
    Hopefully it will be a fun time for us!! I really think our 2 1/2 yr old is just going to love the pirate ship beds and the kiddie pool area!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: