Quantcast Having second thoughts...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Having second thoughts...

We are going in Sept..and we were gonna stay at all star music..
    But just upgraded today to the carribean beach resort to a pirates room..
    But for some reason I'm having second thoughts about it...
    Ugh I hate this..maybe I should just switch back...or go to Pop Century..
    Any insight would be great..
    Going to the pirates room was pushing it alittle financially but..it's do able..
    I'm just going crazy thinking I made a bad decision...
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Relax it's disney you are going to love it no matter what.

Maybe try to make a list of what is really important to you. Transportation? Room size and theming? Pool? Food available? Walking to main building distance?

I did POP after three vacations at WL and did regret it, however we still had a great time and now know what we prefer; for us we like having all rooms connected to the lobby and being close to MK.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

I know..since I wrote this..I've sat here talking about it with my hubby.
    I've stayed here before with my parents and sister back in the mid 90s..
    Since then my parents have gotten DVC and let us use it..so we are use to the boardwalk and wilderness lodge..we LOVE the wilderness lodge!, but don't have that kind of money
    But we are paying out of pocket for this one..since it was a surprise trip from the hubby after just getting back from Disney in May..since that one ended on a bad note..
    I think I'm just trying to make this the best I can..I don't want anything bad to happen this time..
    The only thing bothering me about the carribean is how far away things are..
    *bRiTTaNy*
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

What are you second guessing? Do you feel you're spending to much money on CBR? Perhaps you could do a split stay. It is nice to be able to try other resorts and I think the pirates rooms would be a fun experience. Hope you feel better about which ever resort you decide to chose.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

I think you will love the pirate rooms! I really enjoyed them--well done! And the CBR is one of my favorite resorts--headed back there in 18 days! Much prefer it to the AllStars when we can do it.
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

I think you are overthinking things...you will be at WDW...you will be in a pirate room...you will be with your family...you are bound to have a great time.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

we planned on camping for 3 weeks in october. We ended up being upgraded complimentary bc my son was soooo bitten by mosquitoes that he looked like he had chicken pox. the moms at the pools kept pushing their kids away from mine as if he had a disease. This was all due to standing water in the campgrounds. There were SWARMS of mosquitoes all over us all of the time. Anyways, I will get to the point, They offered us POR or CBR and I had never stayed CBR so we took it. We LOVED it!! We absolutely loved the layout and the pleasant beach walk to the pool everyday. The pools are amazing there and they have some of the best pizza on property. It quickly shot up my list to one of my favorite resorts and I will stay there again. I, however, have no interest in re-living the all star movies experience again nor the POR.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

I switched to CBR for the bit bigger room..the better pool..and the kiddie pool..and then I think the pirate room sounded awesome..
    I know our 2 1/2 year old daughter will probably get a kick out of the room..and sleeping on a "boat"

I can't pin point anything on what I'm second guessing..when I started reading reviews seems they weren't very positive and it got me thinking..

It's just our last trip in May ended with me miscarrying our baby..and I'm just trying to make this the best trip possible and I think I'm just over thinking everything. This started as a long weekend get away just for my hubby and me to regroup..he wanted to surprise me and see me happy again..then I couldn't go back without our daughter and now I just think I'm over analyzing everything..it's making me crazy..
    *bRiTTaNy*

Post Thanks / Like

If you are concerned about the distance as you mentioned, be aware that the Pirate rooms are in Trinidad South which is the furthest away from Old Port Royale and the main pool. It can be a hike. Why they did that I'm not sure. That's what I like about the Princess rooms at POR. They are in a preferred location. That said, the Pirate rooms are waaaay cool! We loved all the cool Piratey touches.

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry for your loss. I am sure it's a tough enough situtation, and to have it happen in your "happy place", I'm sure, made it even worse. I wish nothing but a wonderfully, magical trip for you this time around!

For what it's worth we LOVE CBR. I know it gets a bad rap often, but we've always enjoyed our time there. We've stayed there twice, both times in the pirate rooms, and my boys begged to stay there again on our trip this month. We aren't doing the pirate rooms this time. Only because my mother will be with us and the walk is a bit much for her. With DH, msyelf and our kids, the walk was not bad at all. We actually enjoyed it. Anyway, we are thrilled to be going back to CBR, we've missed it over our last several trips at other resorts. We are only staying there for 3 nights, then doing a split stay with 3 nights at Yacht Club to try a new resort.

I second guess our resorts all the time. Our trip this month was actually supposed to be 6 nights at Port Orleans Riverside in a Royal Guest Room, but I started second guessing and we ended up switching. We would love to stay at them all one day, but we've had such wonderful times at certain resorts that we often want to return. Everytime we are staying at a resort we've previously stayed at I second guess if I should go with what we know we love, or try something new. That's why we almost always end up with a split stay. It's a way to revisit our favorites and also get to try new resorts (often finding new favorites along the way).

If you really feel the pirate rooms will be too far out from everything (they are the furthest from the main pool and food court) then perhaps your little one would enjoy the Royal Guest Room (princess themed) over at Riverside. While it's still a large resort, it's not as spread out as CBR, and the themed rooms are also not the furthest out like they are at CBR.

Whatever you decide the important thing is your in WDW with your family!!!!!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I can only imagine how hard that must have been, and my heart goes out to you.
    Your husband obviously loves you much, and wants to make you happy. Just go with that as much as you can, and enjoy the delight you know your daughter will have being back at Disney World with you both.
    I know how it is to try to make everything perfect, and can get carried away with the planning of every detail trying to make sure it all goes just so. The trip I worked the hardest on turned out to be the worst one ever. Next one was more relaxed and I have learned to let go of a lot, just enjoying the spontaneity and the Magical Moments. It's a work-in-progress!
    I really think the CBR will offer you a fun-filled room, and serenity and beauty every time you step out of the door.
    Have a wonderful trip with your family!
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry for your loss. If you are second guessing the move I say go with your gut. It is usally right. Go with what you are comfortable with. Especially if it is a long walk as others have said your not going to be happy.

Sending lots of and your way.
    JANE

```````````````````````````````````````
    Last trip Oct 27-31-HALLOWEEN trip, Wilderness Lodge Club level
    Next trip ?

Post Thanks / Like

Just curious, did you price the Wilderness Lodge rooms as compared to the pirate themed room? I want to say the cost was about the same when we went in December.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Go with your inner voice and what makes you comfortable. There will be plenty of trips to WDW in the future. Do what feels right to you
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

I sympathize - I have the same thoughts every time I try to go somewhere different!

Good luck to you and as several others have said - go with your gut. You may wish to stay with what you know works for you for this trip to ease back into things.
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. I think it's totally understandable that you're experiencing some anxiety about this trip. Don't put too much pressure on yourself, it doesn't have to be a perfect trip to be a wonderful trip. I agree with those who have said go with your gut, with what feels right to you. If you try the pirate rooms and decide it's not for you, you might even be able to switch resorts during your stay. I hope you guys have an awesome trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone..
    I'm feeling much better about my decision..it's amazing how talking about something can make you feel better!
    I'm not even a planner really..I know what parks we are going to each day..but that's where the planning stops..
    I don't know why this was bothering me so much..but I'm excited to try out the pirates room!
    Thank you all again for the love and advice
    *bRiTTaNy*

Post Thanks / Like

We love love love CBR!
    You will have an amazing time.
    Caribbean beach...were jammin'

Post Thanks / Like

I had second thoughts myself!! It's so difficult when you're trying to make it special and perfect, but I finally realized we'll be at WDW so it will be great if I go with my gut. We're going in a few weeks and originally booked at AllStar movies... But then we decided to book a moderate since the price difference wasn't all that much. We were choosing between CBR and CSR since we live in south Louisiana and didn't want POR and POFQ. After researching we decided on CSR because CBR didn't have queen beds and didn't have elevators. That was our big deciding factors. They may have queen beds now because they were scheduled to be upgraded, just not sure when. Someone else will likely come along and correct me. Overall CBR looked beautiful but I have ankle issues and wanted to minimize climbing the stairs after being on my feet all day around the parks. Go with your gut and it will be great.

Sorry to hear of your loss at what should have been such a happy time! I hope you Have a great trip!!

Post Thanks / Like

Dont stress hun!! Just sit down and think which would be better, to stay somewhere alittle cheaper and have more spending, fancy food or drinks money or to stay somewhere nicer. If nothing else do what I do, flip a coin, the trick here is before you look whichever side you're hoping is up is the place you should stay regardless of the coin flip. I may be crazy but that works for me when I can't decide things.
    You can't take the sky from me

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: