Quantcast Purchasing Universal tickets question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Purchasing Universal tickets question

I just booked the ACY-MCO leg of our August trip, so all that's really left is to purchase the Universal tickets and arrange transportation from Hard Rock to airport.

I know there are tickets stores I can purchase from--I know Intercot has a sponsor that does that, and I know of another place as well. My question is not which vendor to use but...the Universal site offers a "coupon book worth $150" with ticket purchase. Has anyone gotten this book before? Would it be worth the extra cost to purchase from Universal (I think it's only about $20 more)? It will be me & DD10, so if the coupons are for entry to the clubs and stuff it wouldn't be a savings, but it does say that there are kids eat free and merchandise coupons, which might help.

Thanks!!
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Last year, we purchased our tickets on-line from Universal. I did not look around comparing prices, but I know we saved money by purchasing on-line instead of at the gate. Our tickets came with the coupon booklet, but I forgot to pick mine up (my friend gave me grief about it). However, our friends did have their coupons and I know there were lots of % off coupons at most of the restuarants in the parks, the shops and City Walk area. They used the coupons a lot (but we were there four days).

I did have an All Access pass for Hard Rock though. I'm not sure how to find one other than my husband asked for an upgrade and they were sold out, so the lady at the desk gave us pins and other things for the kids and the All Access pass. The All Access pass saved us 10-20% at Hard Rock, the restaurants in the hotel and the gift shop in the hotel.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

Always always forget to pick mine up too. I wish they would just mail them to you with the tickets.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    Always always forget to pick mine up too. I wish they would just mail them to you with the tickets.
    So the coupon book has to be picked up? Hmmm...where? Would we have to enter the park to pick it up? We're coming from WDW and could theoretically pick it up when we arrive at Universal, but not if we have to be IN a park to get it.

Not sure, still. It would be $17 more for me to order the tickets from Universal, and get the coupon book...
    Christi

Post Thanks / Like

IMO if you are talking about $17 more per ticket I wouldn't worry about getting the coupon book. Me....I never remember to pick it up....even when I have coupons I forget to use them.......alot of times coupons are not for exactly what you want or the amount you want.

It says on the ticket receipt (you MUST print the voucher and remember to take that too!) to pick up the coupon book at the Universal Studio Store in the park or IOA Trading Company Store. So the answer is yes, you can only pick it up in one of the parks.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Meh, I might skip it then, sounds like way too much stuff to remember. Although, the difference in cost is $17 total, not per ticket.
    Christi

Post Thanks / Like

$17 total? I think the coupon booklet would be worth it if you plan to eat more than a couple meals in and around Universal.

Also, I've never purchased from other ticket outlets, but do they have shipping charges or require you to go somewhere to pick up the tickets in Orlando? That might make the savings a bit of a wash too.

When we purchased our tickets, we did it will call instead of printing from home. I liked will call because there is a self-serve kiosk outside of the park where you pick up your ticket (maybe need confirmation and credit card you purchased with) and we had real tickets instead of carrying around the paper 8 1/2 X 11 email that my friends carried around - this was a big issue because we were there 4 days and were in and out of the parks multiple times per day.

Also, for the coupon book, it really just is a few steps inside the park once you are inside. I think my friends picked up their books while we were inside the gates waiting for 15-20 minutes for the park for official early opening of HP.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! Yeah, I think it's less than $20 for both, taxes & shipping included, and this place will mail them to me. I've never ordered from an outside vendor before, so maybe that extra $17 will give me peace of mind.
    Christi

Post Thanks / Like

We have been printing our tickets at home and those big pieces of paper are a pain to carry around. We are only going for one day this time and it will only be the two of us so it shouldn't be so bad.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: