Quote Originally Posted by mustBgoofy View Post
My husband drove the R8 on the 27th and he had a blast! It handled better than the other cars you have the option of driving. I am sure your dad will have blast!

I also saw you were staying at AKL, we were too and drove from there to RPDE. You just go like you are going to the Magic Kingdom and stay in the left lane. They will send you instructions in the e-mail with all of the forms you need to have completed. It looks like you are going to exit the TTC and you stop at the guard shack and sign in and then drive under the track through the tunnel into the infield. It was great having the car there because we were there at the time they stated and had snacks and the ice chest in the car (we were going home) and it was great to put the tailgate up and sit in the shade for a bit snacking. There is no shade when watching the exotics so bring sunscreen and sunglasses!
Just curious, as the website says there really is no waiting area for small children...is there any point to bringing along my 2.5 YO son to watch his Papa "race" the car? What is the waiting / observation area like? We'll have the Yukon with us, so there will be plenty of room to stretch out and take the cooler along and prob have the ipad too, but just wondering how waiting around with him is going to be.

Will we even be able to see my dad driving? Is it really noisy? And hot? And fumey?

Thanks!