Quantcast Second fastpass

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Second fastpass

Post Thanks / Like

Default Second fastpass

Sorry to bring up ANOTHER fastpass question, but I was just looking up FP in info central, and noticed it said you could get a second fastpass after 2 hours, or after first fastpass window EXPIRES. I thought you could get a second one as soon as the window OPENS on the first one. Am I wrong? Probably!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless they've changed it, you could always get a second fastpass as soon as the window for your first fastpass opened or two hours after you received you first fastpass - whichever came first. We would often go get an additional fast pass before getting in the fastpass line for our first fastpass.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Unless they've changed it, you could always get a second fastpass as soon as the window for your first fastpass opened or two hours after you received you first fastpass - whichever came first. We would often go get an additional fast pass before getting in the fastpass line for our first fastpass.
    Thats what I thought, but in Info Central quick link to fastpass it definitely says EXPIRES.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it's actually (or was) about 5 minutes into your return window, but definitely on the side of when the window opened, not closed...

Post Thanks / Like

Just back last week from a 10 day trip, it is definately when the first fast pass window opens up. I am one of those people who know exactly when our fastpasses are and when we are able to get our next one, i keep a keen eye on the times.

Post Thanks / Like

The simplest way to know when you can get a second FP is just to look at the fine print at the bottom of the FP you are currently holding. It clearly tells you to the exact minute when you can get a second one. It may indeed be two hours away or when your window opens, but not always. It depends on the park operating hours, expected attendance, attraction FP return rate, possible manual override, and several other factors. I have seen guests allowed a second FP in as little as 35 minutes after getting the first one.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWdriver View Post
    The simplest way to know when you can get a second FP is just to look at the fine print at the bottom of the FP you are currently holding. It clearly tells you to the exact minute when you can get a second one. It may indeed be two hours away or when your window opens, but not always. It depends on the park operating hours, expected attendance, attraction FP return rate, possible manual override, and several other factors. I have seen guests allowed a second FP in as little as 35 minutes after getting the first one.
    Yep, in tiny print on the bottom it will say when its available
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Tiny print on all the fast passes my daughter and I have used the past 9 days have ALL stated that our next FP was available at the time our current FP hour long window was open. So if our FP was good from 1:25-2:25, we could get a new FP at 1:25.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

Well, like Ron says, it depends on a number of factors as well.

Example 1:

You get into the Magic Kingdom at park opening (9:00am). You run over to Space Mountain to get a FastPass, and the first window of FP return is 10:05am-11:05am. By the time you get to Space distro (FP distribution), it's 9:05am. Your next opportunity for another FastPass (for another attraction) will become available at 10:05am.

Example 2:

You're at EPCOT in the afternoon, and want to get a FastPass for Test Track. It's 2:15pm. The Return time for Test Track FP is 8:30pm-9:30pm. Your next available FastPass (for another attraction) will be at 4:15pm (2 hours later), even though your Test Track return time is 8:30pm.

But, again, there are factors like an attraction being down for a while (in which case, usually, the FP's will get bumped out a ways, say, from 11:00am-12:00pm when it went down, to <theoretically> 3:00pm-4:00pm, because they know the attraction will be down for a while).

**ALWAYS READ YOUR FASTPASSES**. It will indeed tell you when your next one's available at the bottom.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

This morning we were at DHS and I went straight to Toy Story Mania to get FPs. Our return time was 11:45-12:45. Strangely enough, that fine print at the bottom said another FP would be available at 9:04am, aka IMMEDIATELY. Very weird.

So yes, read that fine print. You never know.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: