Quantcast Bunheads

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Bunheads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bunheads

I'm supposed to be cleaning but decide to take an Intercot procrastination break.

Did anyone catch the premiere of Bunheads on ABC Family last Monday. It's on at 9pm. I had recorded because I thought my daughter might be interested in the ballet parts.

I was expecting a show geared to kids but it was actually a how that my husband and I enjoyed. I later found out it is from the producer of the Gilmore Girls. If you were a fan of the Gilmore Girls or dance, I think it is worth checking out.

Okay back to those messy toy piles.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Sutton Foster and I'd watch anything with Kelly Bishop, but to be honest I wasn't excited about this show from the commercials. I've been a ballet dancer all my life & studied some modern in college and am pretty judgy when it comes to dance-centered shows. The reality ones and talent based ones are OK (like So You Think You Can Dance or Breaking Pointe) but the scripted ones are a craps shoot since it's so hard to find actors who can really act AND dance with technical ability. But, for me I'd rather have bad acting a great dancing (like Center Stage) than so-so or good acting and bad dancing with lots of body doubles.

So, when my mom texted me last Monday that I would love this show and it's like Gilmore Girls in the dance studio, I gave it a try. I was so surprised at how much I liked it. I hope the rest of the episodes are good too. Amy Sherman-Palladino is a great writer and once she left GG it got so bad. I am glad to see she's back! Bunheads reminds me so much of Gilmore Girls and even Gypsy is in the cast!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    . . . But, for me I'd rather have bad acting a great dancing (like Center Stage) than so-so or good acting and bad dancing with lots of body doubles.

So, when my mom texted me last Monday that I would love this show and it's like Gilmore Girls in the dance studio, I gave it a try. I was so surprised at how much I liked it. I hope the rest of the episodes are good too. Amy Sherman-Palladino is a great writer and once she left GG it got so bad. I am glad to see she's back! Bunheads reminds me so much of Gilmore Girls and even Gypsy is in the cast!
    Center Stage is one of my guilty pleasures. I will stop and watch it whenever it comes on even though the cheese factor is high.

I am looking forward to tonight's episode. The interaction between the women was great in the first episode.
    Cindy aka AgentC

Post Thanks / Like

I am really enjoying Breaking Pointe but didn't like Bunheads very much, until the ending really caught my interest........so, I will be tuning in again tonight for both shows. I loved Gilmore Girls so am hoping for a great new series with Bunheads.

A friend of mine - her daughter is a trainee with a major ballet company and she said it is all totally realistic on Breaking Pointe.

Nice to have some new shows to watch!
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

I really like Bunheads!! I love the mix of comedy and dance...keeps it very entertaining, I can't wait for the next episode!!
    VMK: DaffyD
    Trips to WDW
    June 2001on my B-Day!Off Prop.
    August 2005 Off Prop.
    August 2006 ASMov.
    August 2008- Pop Century
    August 2009-ASMu
    April 2010-ASMu w/marching band
    Aug. 2011 ASMu
    Aug. 2012 Off Prop.
    Aug 2013 Off prop.
    Next:Aug 2014??

Post Thanks / Like

Last night's episode had me dyin' in the first five seconds. I thought it was so much funnier than last week and better paced. I liked getting more back story about the dancers and man does that Sasha put Madeline, Louise, Paris and Francie (former Gilmore mean girls) to shame!

"Bill" is one hot tamale, I wonder if he will be a future love interest for Michelle?
    ~Nikki~

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the premise was a bit on the wacky side. You have an underachieving and aging Vegas showgirl who decides she can't cut it anymore and dets drunk and marries her annoying "stalker" who she's not that into who lives with his dance teacher pho-Buddist wacky and also underachieving mother who teaches a bunch of small town would-be ballerinas. Other notable characters are a couple of overdone hippy bartenders and a psychotic ex-girlfriend of the "stalker" newlywed hubby. After one night of good sex, hubby is offed by the writers in a car wreck (I guess a cable show can't afford to pay Cameron from Ferris Buller's Day Off for more than one episode.)

Oddly, it might be a good show. It has that rapid-fire dialogue ala the Gilmore Girls, but the mom character (Kelly Bishop) is all over the place. No pilot is perfect; once they get through a few episodes they might have something worth watching. Oh, and please tone down the hippies, man; that would be far out and way groovy!
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2013 YC, WL, CR (good year!)
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR
    2016 YC, Universal Portofino, GF, Waldorf

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Bukowski

Post Thanks / Like

Last night's episode had me dyin' in the first five seconds. I thought it was so much funnier than last week and better paced. I liked getting more back story about the dancers and man does that Sasha put Madeline, Louise, Paris and Francie (former Gilmore mean girls) to shame!

"Bill" is one hot tamale, I wonder if he will be a future love interest for Michelle?
    I agree. I think as they stop setting up the premise and get to the story ,it is getting better and better.
    Cindy aka AgentC

Post Thanks / Like

Am I missing Bunheads each week or has it not been on for a few weeks? Can't seem to find it in the schedule and have only seen two episodes.

Wishes!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katzateer View Post
    Am I missing Bunheads each week or has it not been on for a few weeks? Can't seem to find it in the schedule and have only seen two episodes.
    It is on Mondays at 9 on ABC Family. It was not on last week, but was back last night for the fourth episode. I am going to try to catch up on that one tonight.
    Cindy aka AgentC

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! Didn't find it last night but will look for it again next week. I even texted a friend and she wasn't sure if it was still on either?

Wishes!

Post Thanks / Like

It was good in my opinion, just not my kind of show.
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

The season finale is on right now and it is hiiiiilarious! I haven't stopped laughing since the opening lines. I hope this show comes back in the winter, I don't want to wait for next summer!
    ~Nikki~

Post Thanks / Like

The season finale is on right now and it is hiiiiilarious! I haven't stopped laughing since the opening lines. I hope this show comes back in the winter, I don't want to wait for next summer!
    ABC Family announced on Friday that it will come back with the rest of the episodes sometime this winter. I didn't see a date.

I hope the story momentum carries on when it comes back. I like it but I felt after the first two episodes that the show was kind of wandering around trying to decide what it was about. I thought the last three episodes have really built up the story line, but I'm afraid the end of this is bringing us back to "Michelle messes everything up." Hope it is a temporary blip.
    Cindy aka AgentC

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: