Quantcast Most Overrated Dining Experience in WDW - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post

I'm seeing this more and more with Le Cellier reviews... Maybe it has something to do with the fact they went signature and changed the menu (and maybe not for the better

Here is Le Cellier again... This cannot be a coincidence... What did they do to this place??

Nope, both of our Le Cellier disappointments were way before they went all signature on us. We had lunch there back in 2004, then dinner in 2007, if I'm remembering correctly. Now with it priced as a signature meal there's no way in the world I'll ever try it again, not that I planned on it anyway! LOL.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Puck's in DTD. I know a lot of people rave about it (one reason why we went there), bit we found the food (pizzas) to be mediocre, small and WAYYYYYY overpriced. It did not meet up to my expectations based on all the rave reviews I had read, thus I felt it was OVER-rated.

Earl of Sandwich, on the other hand, exceeded all our expectations. Great food, great value.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

The Garden Grill was really hyped up to me - with great food and good character interaction. The food was eh and the character interaction wasn't all that great. Plus, it's really REALLY loud.

And for what it's worth, CRT has always been overhyped. The ambience is cool, but I can get just as good anywhere. And the food isn't worth the price - not even close. I think for me, it's a "once you've done it, you've done it."
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    Nope, both of our Le Cellier disappointments were way before they went all signature on us. We had lunch there back in 2004, then dinner in 2007, if I'm remembering correctly. Now with it priced as a signature meal there's no way in the world I'll ever try it again, not that I planned on it anyway! LOL.
    Mine was before they became a signature too. There was nothing wrong with it at all, I just expected something spectacular from a restaurant that is so hard to get into and it was just good.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Le Cellier (was overrated well before the Signature designation)
    Agreed.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Ohana's... I just don't get it, mediocre food, rushed service, and the wiat even with ADRs was just not right. No reason for us to go back.

Le Cellier as well, it's not horrible, but I don't understand the popularity for a mediocre steak.

Post Thanks / Like

My most overrated list:
    #1 - Le Cellier, other than the pretzel bread and cheese soup.......boring.
    Crystal Palace for dinner, love breakfast.
    1900 Park Fare, hohum food, whinny Cindy and a not charming Prince.
    Whispering Canyon Cafe, sometimes it's OK other times awful.
    Artist Point, I hate mushrooms and so many of the menu items include them that the choices here are too limited for me to pay that kind of money.
    Biergarten, my grandma was the best German cook it the world and the food here, to me, was third rate at best.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Brown Derby. Went there for lunch, and left completely unimpressed. We weren't disgusted, but we expected the food to be special, and it wasn't.

I'll second (or third) Le Cellier. My wife loves it. She loves the Filet. I don't think it's any better than the Coral Reef, which is easier to get into, and more entertaining.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

I think 'Ohana is VERY overrated.

For the record, I love it and it's one of my favorites, and I've never had a bad meal or experience there.

HOWEVER, it's not worth the madness of trying to secure an ADR there. It's overhyped for what it is. I find it good, but not spectacular, as its internet popularity would have one believe.

I have never been to LeCellier, but I made the cheddar cheese soup from the Official Disney cookbook not too long ago and I thought it was gross. Don't get the obsession with that soup. This leads me to believe that LeCellier is also overrated!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    I think 'Ohana is VERY overrated.

For the record, I love it and it's one of my favorites, and I've never had a bad meal or experience there.

HOWEVER, it's not worth the madness of trying to secure an ADR there. It's overhyped for what it is. I find it good, but not spectacular, as its internet popularity would have one believe.
    Agreed. I also love 'Ohana- the experience is good Disney fun, a little cheesy. But the food quality is up and down, not always the best, and it probably doesn't deserve the attention it gets.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chefmickey3 View Post
    Le Cellier,
    Hollywood & Vine, CRT
    Le Cellier appears on so many lists here...

I agree with Hollywood and Vine...

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    Whispering canyon, Ohana
    Just like people can't understand the hype about Le Cellier, I cannot understand the hype around Whispering Canyon... Was my worst meal ever in WDW... And Ohana, something happened to that place... I don't know what it is, but something is different...

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Overrated: Kona Cafe, Boatwright's, Coral Reef, Le Cellier, Yachtsman's Steakhouse, CRT.
    More Le Cellier... I'm going to look into the marketing machine that makes Le Cellier sound like the big man's gift to the world...Something is obviously not right LOL.. A Kona vote (interesting)... Never been to the other places...

Quote Originally Posted by cuteduck223 View Post
    Chef Mickeys.
    No need... AGREED!!!!! For the price you pay, the quality of food isn't all that good... Plus, WAY TO DAG NOISY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    Le Cellier
    How many votes is this now??? Le Cellier in a landslide so far...

Quote Originally Posted by ANG View Post
    Liberty Tree Tavern
    Kudos!!! I didn't like LTT either...

Quote Originally Posted by Georgesgirl1 View Post
    DH was very underwhelmed with LTT when we ate there years ago. He ordered a pasta dish that tasted like a Stouffer's dinner that had been heated up in the microwave (very possible since that was the sponsor). My meal was delicious though. Just goes to show that two people can have a very different experience on the same day and even at the same table.
    Probably was Stouffer's... I believe they use Stouffer's mac and cheese, so why not other Stouffer frozen meals???

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    Sorry you had a less than spectacular meal with Le Cellier... I need to hire that restaurant's marketing team LOL...

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    Wolfgang Puck's, Earl of Sandwich
    Wolfgang Punk's: never ate there, never will... Earl: AWESOME!!!! I can have a sandwich from there every day of my trip and never get tired of it...

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    The Garden Grill
    I was going to book garden Grill last year and something told me not to... Sounds like a place I wouldn't have enjoyed...

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Ohana's, Le Cellier
    Ohana, like I said, something happened to that place... Was my favorite, now... I avoid it...

And I see the Le Cellier trend continues...

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    #1 - Le Cellier, other than the pretzel bread and cheese soup.......boring.

Crystal Palace, 1900 Park Fare, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Artist Point, Biergarten
    And the trend continues LOL... Yes, CP dinner is mediocre... 1900 PF I taked about... Whispering Canyon: feelings expressed... Artist Point: never been... But I like the Biergarten... Though I haven't been there in a few years..

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    Brown Derby, Le Cellier
    I'm with you on Brown Derby... And, well, no comment on the continuing trend...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

We've had very few bad meal experiences at Disney...and many many wonderful ones...but on the bad list would be less than stellar experiences at the following two eateries...and only one I wouldn't go back to.

The Wave - not sure if it was simply our table location or a general issue, but it was the noisiest "nice" restaurant I have eaten in, we were constantly having to raise our voices to talk over dinner. Our service was also a step below expectations...the food was okay, but in retrospect i would prefer to just go ahead and pay big money and eat on the top floor of the contemporary instead of in the basement.

Other restaurants that didn't wow me were the much beloved San Angel Inn (I may get flamed here) For while the ambiance by the "river" is wonderful, our food has been only average at best both times we have eaten there). To me its a step below the Abuelo's chain (which I tend to like).

However, our all time worst food experience was at the Mayan Grill....we were excited about it because of the number of people (that at that long ago time) said it was worth staying at CSR for it alone....but it turned out to be the ne place we will never, ever, ever return to. Our food was horrible & WAY overpriced...furthermore, it was here that I witnessed one of the grossest food service worker violations I have ever seen (and I have worked in a restaurant).
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post

More Le Cellier... I'm going to look into the marketing machine that makes Le Cellier sound like the big man's gift to the world...Something is obviously not right LOL.. A Kona vote (interesting)... Never been to the other places...

Kudos!!! I didn't like LTT either...
    Probably was Stouffer's... I believe they use Stouffer's mac and cheese, so why not other Stouffer frozen meals???
    I'm not a fan of Biergarten either but I find it rated just about right- some love it, some hate it. I do not understand the love for Kona. The food for us there has not been good. So far from good. Burnt, oversalted, undersalted (different dishes, same meal) soggy noodles, and cardboard-consistency on the desserts. Just awful. I do not understand the overwhelming love for this place. With the exception of the chicken wings. Or how it ended up on the list of some calling it "underrated" when it seems so many people rave about it. But so it goes.

LTT is sponsored by Stouffers, or used to be according to the Birnbaum guide. So it makes me laugh when people say "it tasted like frozen food" or "it might as well have been Stouffers." Because it is, and also why I have never been there.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

You know what Sherri, the fact LTT is sponsored by Stouffers passed me right by... So, now that makes complete sense... DOH!!!
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Wmsbrg, VA (12 hours & 22 minutes from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Cinderella's Royal Table is definately overrated. You have to call way in advance at a certain time of day to even get a seat there. And once you get there, the food is not all that great, and most foods are NOT foods kids would eat, which is what the Royal Table seems to be directed to.
    "When hinges creak in doorless chambers... and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls.. whenever candlelights flicker... where the air is deathly still... that is the time when ghosts are present... practicing their terror with ghoulish delight."

Post Thanks / Like

Le cellier

Post Thanks / Like

Mine would have to be the Coral Reef. Had the lobster ravioli there last year. ended up eating half my wife's steak.

Next would be 1900 Park Fare (dinner). Prior to last year we had dinner at 1900 back in 2000. They had several high end, classy dishes. Last year the food was good but nothing spectacular. I just feel that for being at the flag ship resort the meal should have had something more to it.

I have to disagree with all of you over any breakfast buffet. I like breakfast, and lobe breakfast buffets. Game on.
    1989 - Poly
    1990 - Fort Wilderness
    1991 - Port Orleans
    1996 - Dixie Landings
    2000 - Port Orleans Riverside
    2002 - Port Orleans Riverside
    2011 - Port Orleans French Quarter

C - completely
    U - useless
    B - by
    S - September

Post Thanks / Like

So here goes:

Le Cellier... maybe in a land far away in a time long ago it was "rated" correctly, but I've always thought it was overrated.

Kona... dinner used to be good. Now it's mediocre at best.

Chef Mickey's... I'm listening to Thumper's mom here.

CRT... does anyone even hype it anymore?
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

We had heard a lot of good things about the California Grill, but it was a big disappointment. The place was packed, it was extremely noisy and chaotic and the food just wasn't that good. The best part was going out onto the observation deck to watch the Wishes fireworks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by epceddie View Post
    We had heard a lot of good things about the California Grill, but it was a big disappointment. The place was packed, it was extremely noisy and chaotic and the food just wasn't that good. The best part was going out onto the observation deck to watch the Wishes fireworks.
    You know, I have to agree with you on this.

CA Grill is DEFINITELY overrated. Again, our meal here was good, but not amazing. It should have been amazing for the price of it! My Filet was not the best I've ever had by a long shot. Dessert was actually the best part! I HATED the chaotic, noisy, kid filled environment most of all. I love kids. I have two of them. I wanted to get away from them at this dinner. It was like a zoo. Totally overrated.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: