Quantcast Most Overrated Dining Experience in WDW

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Most Overrated Dining Experience in WDW

Ok people... Not everyone can like every restaurant in WDW... Some restaurants get rave reviews, some not so much... But, when you read the review threads, there is never an overwhelming majority... Proves we all have different tastes... We have all had overrated dining experiences...

One of my most overrated dining experiences is with Whispering Canyon Cafe... I read so many positive reviews about this place that I had to try it out one night... I thought the restaurant would be a great place to have my last night in WDW meal with friends because of the "terrific" atmosphere I always read about... So, I book it... WORST. CHOICE. EVER. The service was lousy... The atmosphere was terrible... And the food... Not only was it disgusting, but it was severely undercooked... When I mentioned this to the server, boy what an attitude... Asked for the manager... Very kind, apologized, and brought us fresh food... Which still tasted gross, in my and my friends' opinions... Needless to say, I will never go back...

Another place I think if overrated is Mama Melrose... I love Italian food.. This place didn't satisfy my desire... The food, I felt, was bland... In fact, I don't think I ever had good Italian food in Florida, not like you get here in NJ and NYC... And while on the subject, Tony's Town Square can be added here...

Hmmm, Crystal Palace for dinner goes on my list... I love the breakfast there, but the dinner??? Eh, not the best...

Liberty Tree Tavern: goes without saying...

Chefs de France... Ate there once, thought is was pretty good.. Ate there 2 years ago, and refuse to ever go back... Food got bland to me... And generic...

There are a few of my places... Now, what are some of yours??? Let's try to leave counter service out of the discussion, but, if you feel you must add it, then go ahead...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

See, this just proves that one mans trash is another mans treasure!

I love love Liberty Tree Tavern, and Whispering Canyon Cafe - can't get enough of either of them.

But there are other places, that after eating there once, I would not visit them again.

Isn't it just terrific that Disney has so many places to choose from that if you decide you don't like one, or two, or even 20 places, you still have one or two or even 20 more places to eat at???
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

LOL! WCC is one of our favorite places to eat in WDW. We've eaten here tons of times and never had a bad experience.

Chefs de France is another one that, while we've only tried it once, was one of the best meals of that trip!

My family felt Le Cellier was way overrated. We first tried it for lunch and felt it was nothing special, not horrible, but not worth eating there again. I thought that it must have been an off day, or perhaps we should have had dinner there. A few years later I booked dinner and again, we were completely underwhelmed. Not that it was horrible, I just don't get what all the fuss is about. We've now decided to leave Le Cellier open to those who really love it!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Le Cellier, no question. It's a pretty mediocre steakhouse in a pavilion themed to Canada. That extraordinarily boring (and lackluster) meat-and-potatoes fare is in no way indicative of the cuisine in Canada. Heck, it's in no way indicative of the steakhouses in Canada. I was at Harbour Sixty, one of the best restaurants in Toronto, last month. I'll pass on Le Cellier.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I have given this some thought and have narrowed it down to 3.
    1. Cinderella's Royal Table
    2. 'Ohana
    3. Le Cellier
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

CRT is terrible! They gotcha and they know it!!!!! Really know it!!! Hollywood and Vine-Subpar! I can go on. Very few non breakfast places can I stand. The dinner prices are outrageous and some quick service areas are so much better!!!!
    PLEASE WAIT UNTIL THE RIDE COMES TO A COMPLETE STOP!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Crystal Palace and Ohana come to mind.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imalismom View Post
    See, this just proves that one mans trash is another mans treasure!

I love love Liberty Tree Tavern, and Whispering Canyon Cafe - can't get enough of either of them.

But there are other places, that after eating there once, I would not visit them again.

Isn't it just terrific that Disney has so many places to choose from that if you decide you don't like one, or two, or even 20 places, you still have one or two or even 20 more places to eat at???
    You are right... one man's trash is another man's treasure... There are so many places to choose to eat, including so many great places off property, your head could explode LOL..

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    WCC,
    Chefs de France, Le Cellier
    Maybe I hit bad nights for both WCC and Chefs LOL... I dunno... Had Chefs once and loved it... booked it again and, it felt generic... the food wasn't anything special.. I dunno... The service was the best part of my meal... I'll talk about Le Cellier with Jared's quote...

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Le Cellier
    I'm seeing this more and more with Le Cellier reviews... Maybe it has something to do with the fact they went signature and changed the menu (and maybe not for the better????)... I was always dying to try the place and was finally able to book it 2 trips ago (I admit, I didn't even give it a thought last year, but that was because I wanted to try a place I had never been at before)... I loved it... But then again, I didn't eat the steak... It is a shame if they ruined this place...

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Hungarian View Post
    Cinderella's Royal Table, 'Ohana, Le Cellier
    Here is Le Cellier again... This cannot be a coincidence... What did they do to this place??

CRT, I ate there many moons ago, when it was still King Stephans and before it was a character meal... Food was mediocre back then... I can only imagine it getting worse since they know they can still make a killing cause of the princess meal

'Ohana... shame really... I used to love O'hana.. Always made it my last dinner in WDW.. Until a few years ago... Booked it as my last meal tradition... Wished I didn't... Something changed... And not for the better... Can't place it though...

Quote Originally Posted by Airblue1 View Post
    CRT is terrible! They gotcha and they know it!!!!! Really know it!!! Hollywood and Vine-Subpar! I can go on. Very few non breakfast places can I stand. The dinner prices are outrageous and some quick service areas are so much better!!!!
    Wow, Hollywood and Vine... How can I forget H&V??? Oh i know.. cause it is forgettable.. And that was 16 years ago LOL...

So far so good people... Let's keep it up.. I am loving your responses so far...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

For what it's worth, I still really love 'Ohana.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    Crystal Palace and Ohana come to mind.
    Another 'Ohana vote... And Crystal Palace for breakfast and dinner or just one of the meals???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Another 'Ohana vote... And Crystal Palace for breakfast and dinner or just one of the meals???
    Never had dinner there, just breakfast. It was crowded, loud and the character interaction was terrible. Maybe we should have tried it for another meal but we have had no desire to go back.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

WCC the last time I went was the worst time I had there. The food was the same as the other three times(good.) It was the wait staff that all seemed lackluster. I go for the food, and the cast members. This last time they were a disappointment.
    First visit 1976
    Offsite 1982/1985/2000
    Disneyland July 1996
    AKL 2002/Sept 2011
    Paradise Pier-DL July 2005
    Contemporary Sept 2006/Nov 2014
    Port Orleans-Riverside Sept 2008/July 2014/Nov 2018
    Port Orleans-FQ-Nov 2012
    Paradise Pier-DLH DL 2013/2015/2017 and D-23 Expo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    Never had dinner there, just breakfast. It was crowded, loud and the character interaction was terrible. Maybe we should have tried it for another meal but we have had no desire to go back.
    In my opinion only, you didn't miss much with dinner... Talk about loud LOL... I actually had a good interaction with Tigger during dinner though...

I dined there for dinner on a MNSSHP night... I was dressed as a Mooby Employee (watch Clerks 2 if you don't know what a Mooby Employee is)... Tigger came around, saw my outfit, and stopped... Poor Tigger was trying to find out where I got the shirt, but since Tigger can't talk, I had NO IDEA what Tigger was trying to say... Tigger eventually took a pen and wrote me a note WHERE DID YOU GET THAT SHIRT... I still have the napkin that note was written on...

But, I do understand what you are saying about breakfast... I can see where it can be very noisy...

Post Thanks / Like

My overrated restaurants:

Le Cellier - ate with extended family in 2002 and was not impressed

Hollywood & Vine

CRT - enjoyed our meal but not worth THAT price
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."

Post Thanks / Like

Whispering canyon comes to mind. We were always talking about going there so in January we bit the bullet and did it. The waitress had an attitude and she was not interested in her character at all. I had more fun watching the other waitresses and waiters and their tables. Ours couldn't be bothered to even check on us. And we had ordered the skillet and when we asked for a couple of more pieces of this or that it was like we asked her to run a marathon. But the food was good she was just an awful waitress. Kinda killed my mood. But we had fun watching everyone else at least.

I'm always slightly disappointed when I hear complaints about Ohana. We love LOVE this place. But like others have said, can't appease everyone's different tastes. We have never had a bad meal or a bad waitress experiences. We go every trip and make it a point to go every trip.
    Last edited by TinkerbellT421; 06-17-2012 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Forgot to add Ohana comment.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Overrated: Kona Cafe, Boatwright's, Coral Reef, Le Cellier (was overrated well before the Signature designation), Yachtsman's Steakhouse, CRT.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

putting on my bullet proof vest:

Chef Mickeys.
    First visit: Feb. 1989
    a bunch in between
    Next visit: 6/16

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cuteduck223 View Post
    putting on my bullet proof vest:

Chef Mickeys.
    That is mine too, though I know most will disagree with us. We have had several fun meals there but the price is just getting to be too much for a basic breakfast buffet especially when we can do Ohana or Tusker House for a more reasonable price.

I agree on Le Cellier too. It was okay but I really didn't understand what all the hype is about.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Of the places we've eaten... I'd have to say The Liberty Tree Tavern. Well, first I dont' like the family style services. Seemed like the food was always cold once I got around to eating it. And for the price, I wish the food was more interesting. I eat at Disney for something other than I can make at home.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

DH was very underwhelmed with LTT when we ate there years ago. He ordered a pasta dish that tasted like a Stouffer's dinner that had been heated up in the microwave (very possible since that was the sponsor). My meal was delicious though. Just goes to show that two people can have a very different experience on the same day and even at the same table.

Kristin
    Momma to two sweet boys: Myers and Jacob
    36 trips and counting!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: