Quantcast Harry Potter 2.0

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Harry Potter 2.0

I thought we had a Potter 2.0 thread... I guess I was wrong.. Well, anyway, I'll use this thread to post any updates I hear or see regarding HP 2.0 construction, including the official announcement (whenever that may be)...

Permits were recently filed for foundation work and the construction of buildings 64, 65, and 65A.. These obviously are for new buildings and are tied to the Potter expansion...

They may be going vertical in the middle of the summer months... And if not during the summer, then just after...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

This post is regarding the Hogwarts Express... The idea of the Hogwarts Express is to bring guests from IOA to Universal and back... But, this isn't going to be just routine transportation between parks... Oh no no no no no... This is going to be an e-ticket attraction... That's right... AN ATTRACTION...

Rumor has it, we will once again be attacked by Dementors, since the train cars are to "get cold" as a person working on the project has said...

I think this Hogwarts Express is a brilliant ride idea... Universal and JK Rowling, oh and Warner Brothers, just continues to bring to life the Wizarding World... 2014 (maybe 2015) cannot come fast enough... THIS is something worth waiting for...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

It's been over 10 years since I've been to Universal. Just said to my better 1/2 after a recent ticket price compare that maybe we need to plan a trip to Orlando and do the IoA thing. The little one is getting to the age where he can do a lot of the rides, and I really enjoyed my last trip, not really sure why we haven't been back.

I'm no Potter fan, I don't now what a Frogwart is, but I like that they are expanding the parks, and Disney's fired Imagineers did a fantastic job at IoA, I bet they are continuing to work wonders.

Sounds like they aren't just slapping a coat of paint on an old ride and calling it new ( aka Barnstormer).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    I'm no Potter fan, I don't now what a Frogwart is, but I like that they are expanding the parks, and Disney's fired Imagineers did a fantastic job at IoA, I bet they are continuing to work wonders.
    I'm not much of a Harry Potter fan either, but the WWoHP is phenomenal. Hogwarts Express sounds like it will be a worthy addition!
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

One source has said that the Gringott's ride will "make Forbidden Journey look like It's A Small World." So there's that.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    One source has said that the Gringott's ride will "make Forbidden Journey look like It's A Small World." So there's that.
    The same source who has said Hogwarts Express will not just be a Disney monorail...

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so I saw some dates thrown in a few posts up. 2014? 2015? Is there a projected opening for all this new Potter stuff?

My boys are so excited at just the thought of more Potter stuff at Universal. I just hope that in 2015, when they are 15 and 13, they'll still be interested.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    Ok, so I saw some dates thrown in a few posts up. 2014? 2015? Is there a projected opening for all this new Potter stuff?

My boys are so excited at just the thought of more Potter stuff at Universal. I just hope that in 2015, when they are 15 and 13, they'll still be interested.
    Figure a 24 to possible 30 month construction period, from demolition of the current land (which has happened already)... 2014 is the target but, as we know with Florida construction, it could slip into 2015...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Sounds like they aren't just slapping a coat of paint on an old ride and calling it new ( aka Barnstormer).
    That's not below Universal's standard because that's pretty much exactly what they did for the current Dueling Dragons coaster in the WWoHP. I'm optimistic about the expansion, but Disney isn't the only park that cuts corners. I think they all do it when they think they can get away with it.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I am pleased to announce that Potter 2.0 has started going VERTICAL!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We were just there in mid July and noticed construction near the old Jaws ride. I am guessing that is where the new potter stuff will be. Any more info on this?
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    This post is regarding the Hogwarts Express... The idea of the Hogwarts Express is to bring guests from IOA to Universal and back... But, this isn't going to be just routine transportation between parks... Oh no no no no no... This is going to be an e-ticket attraction... That's right... AN ATTRACTION...

Rumor has it, we will once again be attacked by Dementors, since the train cars are to "get cold" as a person working on the project has said...

I think this Hogwarts Express is a brilliant ride idea... Universal and JK Rowling, oh and Warner Brothers, just continues to bring to life the Wizarding World... 2014 (maybe 2015) cannot come fast enough... THIS is something worth waiting for...
    Sounds fabulous!!!! I'm very excited for this! Probably will be awhile before it's up and running but what a great idea! I heard rumors about this in december but hadn't heard anything since. Very exciting!
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bethanymouse View Post
    We were just there in mid July and noticed construction near the old Jaws ride. I am guessing that is where the new potter stuff will be. Any more info on this?
    Yes, this will be a Potterverse area. It will feature the train ride mentioned above (which I have heard rumors may even go as far back behind The Mummy without guests realizing it).

The old Amity area from Jaws will be transformed into London. It is said that the train will be an E-ride that takes guests from London in US to the current Harry Potter area of IoA.

We're going at the end of September and can't wait to take a peak at the construction (I heard there are some good views from Hollywood Rip Ride and Rockit!).

Exciting stuff!
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

There may be some sort of surprise added into this addition... A certain spirit has said Uni execs were visiting a competitor to see how they did a certain something... But he wouldn't say exactly what it was... I have extremely high hopes for this area... I doubt they will disappoint...

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like fun!
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I will so be ready for this, watching construction and waiting for more Harry Potter stuff!
    șoș figgie șoș - Now living our dreams in sunny Florida close to the mouse!

Post Thanks / Like

I went to WWoHP last year and was obsessed. I guess I am going to have to make another pilgrimage to the amazing HP World when this is all done! 8)
    1/98 - offsite
    4/99 - offsite
    1/00- offsite
    5/03 - offsite
    12/03 - CBR
    12/04 - POP
    4/05 - DLR
    5/06 - POR
    4/08 - POR
    10/09 - POP
    10/11- POP
    12/12 - POP
    1/15 - POFQ
    12/16 - CS / OKW
    1/18 - POP
    9/18 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Forgive me, since I have not followed IOA, WWoHP or anything at all. But since I am going tomorrow I was reading these posts, so I have a silly question.

I noticed all the pushes for the 2 park 2 day tickets recently. Is it because they are connecting the parks through Harry Potter? Will they have turnstyles to go park to park, or will the single day, single park tickets be phased out (like what appears to be happening)

Sorry if this has been answered before, like I said, I am late to this information
    șoș Lizzy șoș

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Former VMK: dizzylizzy

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't heard any information regarding the single park tickets.

The parks will only be connected via the Hogwarts Express ride. There are no plans that I have seen for any type of pathway, especially since most of the physical ride will take place through the "backstage" area and the parks are pretty far apart anyway. I've heard that the train cars will have "windows" (video screens) to show action outside the ride vehicles which will be Potterverse related.

My assumption for this attraction would be that the Conductor would check your "ticket" (park pass) before you would be permitted to enter the train area.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzy View Post
    Forgive me, since I have not followed IOA, WWoHP or anything at all. But since I am going tomorrow I was reading these posts, so I have a silly question.

I noticed all the pushes for the 2 park 2 day tickets recently. Is it because they are connecting the parks through Harry Potter? Will they have turnstyles to go park to park, or will the single day, single park tickets be phased out (like what appears to be happening)

Sorry if this has been answered before, like I said, I am late to this information
    Honestly Lizzy, I don't think anyone really knows... I would hope Universal management knows... But fans, well, we are only guessing...

The Hogwarts Express will connect USO to IOA and vice versa... There is expected to be a ticketing booth and turnstiles (a permit has been filed for a ticket window, but it is unknown if it is just a builfing for theme purposes or an actual ticket window) at the entrance to Hogwarts Express in IOA... Nothing of note yet for USO...

For now, you can still get the 1 day, 1 park ticket... I am going to assume that these tickets won't go away, they just won't be promoted... I believe Universal will promote the 2 parks, 1 day ticket and make it to where only those who purchase the 2 parks ticket can disembark between parks but allow everyone to ride...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: