Quantcast Soundstage 44 Possible Demo...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Soundstage 44 Possible Demo...

Universal filed permits yesterday for demolition of Soundstage 44... If you don't know where SS44 is, that is the building which houses Hercules/Zena... Monster Cafe is attached to it... The building is the next block over from Shrek 4D...

Site test balloons were recently floating from the building... And walls have now gone up, reaching out to Delancey Street (where Mummy is)...

The permit states the project (demo and construction) has to be complete by June 7, 2014...

Interesting and exciting times are ahead for Universal..
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. I wonder if this is more Potter stuff.

I was never impressed with the Monster Cafe food, but the theme was cool. Espeically the electric chair.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Not Potter... The Transformers building would fit into the area where Soundstage 44 is...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Some insiders are saying this won't be Transfomers, something original but not really an attraction... Guess we wait until Universal tells us...

Post Thanks / Like

The birdies are out... Current rumor: SS44 is to become a permanent, year round haunted house style attraction...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    The birdies are out... Current rumor: SS44 is to become a permanent, year round haunted house style attraction...
    That would be so cool and at the same time promote their halloween party (in a way).
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Well, SS44 is nearly down, despite all the rain from Debby this weekend...

And don't hold onto those "rumors" about a year long haunt... Universal Creative may have put out a ruse last week... What ever that means, well, who knows???

Post Thanks / Like

We could be getting a transforming announcement this week from Universal about SS44... The future is bright!!! New hotel, possible Transformers ride, Potter 2.0, a project for IOA for 2014.... Yes, Universal is upping the anti...

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think we're transforming. I think we may be heading to Africa. Or Central Park.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HackLaSalle View Post
    I don't think we're transforming. I think we may be heading to Africa. Or Central Park.
    Madagascar??? no... Not in SS44... IOA's family ride for 2014 maybe... KidZone addition in 2015, possibly... But SS44?? nah... It is either Transformers or Kong with the Transformers ride system....

EDIT: IOA family ride may be in Jurassic Park section of the park...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm confused. Are they taking out the Jurassic Park section of IOA also????

The Monster cafe was in the NY section ot the Studio wasn't it?

It sounds like they have alot going on.

I have to say I still miss the King Kong ride.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    We could be getting a transforming announcement this week from Universal about SS44... The future is bright!!! New hotel, possible Transformers ride, Potter 2.0, a project for IOA for 2014.... Yes, Universal is upping the anti...
    It's great to see a lot of additions in the works. My kids LOVE Universal and I can see more trips in the future if Universal keeps adding on themes and thrills.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    I'm confused. Are they taking out the Jurassic Park section of IOA also????

The Monster cafe was in the NY section ot the Studio wasn't it?

It sounds like they have alot going on.

I have to say I still miss the King Kong ride.
    Jurassic Park is staying... IOA is rumored to be getting a family style attraction for 2014... Some say the family ride will be put into Jurassic Park... Others have suggested Madagascar be put into Toon Lagoon or replace the rest of LC...

I believe Monsters Cafe is in the New York section but I could be wrong... Mummy is for sure in the New York section... I would expect Monsters Cafe to change if SS44 winds up Transformers... Where else are they going to sell the Energon drink???

Some people have thought that maybe SS44 would become Kong, since some connected people have hinted of Kong's return... The ride system would still be Transformers from USH, just a Kong overlay...

I think Madagascar belongs in KidZone... KidZone is scheduled to get a refurb wen Potter 2.0 opens, probably 2015...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the explanation! I love that they update things, but at the same time some of these attractions are old favs of mine from our first visits back in the early 90's. I miss King Kong, Ghostbusters & now Jaws!
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    Thanks for the explanation! I love that they update things, but at the same time some of these attractions are old favs of mine from our first visits back in the early 90's. I miss King Kong, Ghostbusters & now Jaws!
    Bad thing with the original Kong was it was a maintenance nightmare... but can you imagine a new Kong with the Transformers ride system??? In 3D??? That would be so much better than the original Kong ride...

A permit was filed and appears to be needing more information, but the permit was for Maintenance pit drains and ride lift pit drains... Sounds like a ride system with an elevator... TF has an elevator...

Post Thanks / Like

Keep the information coming.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Could they finally be getting rid of Pteranodon Flyers? I can't believe they still have that ride. Then again, I don't think anything mentioned fits the Jurassic Park section of IOA.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ischyros View Post
    Could they finally be getting rid of Pteranodon Flyers? I can't believe they still have that ride. Then again, I don't think anything mentioned fits the Jurassic Park section of IOA.
    That ride is such a mystery to me. I've never come across an attraction that an adult CAN go on as long as they have a child with them. I mean I get it when adults are too big for certain rides. But obviously adults can go on this ride. I'd actually love to ride it, but can't unless I kidnap someone's little one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ischyros View Post
    Your guess is as good as mine on that one... I get it, it is a kiddie ride... But, I don't know, just seems, like Mel said, the ride is a mystery... If memory serves, I don't think the Flyers will be affected though... I'll try to find the rumored information about where the family thrill ride would go... Just give me some time...

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, Ischyros and anyone else interested... The rumor was/is that IOA is going to receive a family thrill ride in 2014 and be located in Jurassic Park... The area of my understanding is where Thunder Falls Terrace is...

If you look on Google Maps, behind Thunder Falls Terrace is a huge plot of expansion land... It may look like a staging area, but it is in fact expansion land... The ride would go into there... IF this is the route they go... I haven't heard it was green lit yet, but many projects are coming in the next few years... In fact, Cabana Bay Beach, as I think I said once before, is due to have a 50's surf theme water park built close by... and may have even been green lit too, just not announced yet...

I think a new thread is in order, detailing all the possible expansion coming to Universal over the next few years... Long live Comcast!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: