Quantcast The "New and Improved" DCA...post your experiences here!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The "New and Improved" DCA...post your experiences here!

In just 4 short days, the DCA expansion will be officially open, and we are sure to have some members who will be among the first to experience all the new things Disneyland has to offer this summer.

In the interest of keeping things consolidated, please post your reports and thoughts in this thread.

If you have pictures you want to share, please feel free to PM me (or any of the other DLR section moderators) and we will post those we feel are worth sharing. We can't post every picture, so submit your best work and we'll take it from there!

Can't wait to hear firsthand reports of all the fun to be had at the Disneyland Resort this summer!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

In line for DCA. In the middle of the esplanade. Got our wristbands. Now to wait for the opening.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney4us2 View Post
    In line for DCA. In the middle of the esplanade. Got our wristbands. Now to wait for the opening.
    Watched a lot of people waiting on TV, camping out. I heard estimates of around 3000. Reportedly 3 times as many who waited when DCA first opened. Just now on the news, they showed a live picture of people entering the park. Looks like Disney is doing a good job at crowd control, preventing a stampede into the park.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cars Land in DCA

Just saw a photo from "Inside the Magic" showing a wait time of 240 minutes. The single rider line was 120 minutes.

And we thought Soarin' or TSM was bad...

Post Thanks / Like

The current reported stand-by line for the Radiator Springs Racers attraction is 6 hours ... The Fastpass line is 2 hours. The single rider line is closed today ... No, I'm not sorry I decided to stay home today.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RBrooksC View Post
    Just saw a photo from "Inside the Magic" showing a wait time of 240 minutes. The single rider line was 120 minutes.

And we thought Soarin' or TSM was bad...
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Epcot View Post
    The current reported stand-by line for the Radiator Springs Racers attraction is 6 hours ... The Fastpass line is 2 hours. The single rider line is closed today ... No, I'm not sorry I decided to stay home today.

I tend to trust Chris' account, from the various pics and accounts I've seen. Michael's tweets on our INTERCOT account show enormous crowds. The land looks wonderful though!

Post Thanks / Like

Color me surprised... (insert sarcasm)

There were 4 HOUR waits for Little Mermaid when it opened last year. I was there. It took me a month after it opened to finally ride it with a 15 min wait.

The longest line for Star Tours 2 was, I believe, 420 minutes, or 7 hours.

Fans in CA are dedicated, that's for sure. Plus, none of the APs are blocked out for summer...yet...

I don't blame any locals for staying far away. While I'm sure the excitement is fun, I couldn't personally deal with such enormous crowds.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! 6 hours!?!? I'm glad we experienced CarsLand though the preview Monday, because I'm sure we won't be riding anytime soon. LOL.

It really is a great ride though. We waited probably about an hour(30-45 mins of that waiting for it to get back up and running after a breakdown.) We rode single rider, my daughter and I were lucky enough to be in the same car, I in front and she in back. There was a mixup with my husband and where he was supposed to go, he ended up getting frustrated and ask for the exit instead of just waiting and riding.

At one point Luigis ride had a 70 min wait but that was when the racer ride was down. When we went on, we only waited maybe 30 mins. It was fun, but sort of like bumper cars and that's not my fav type ride so i wasn't overly impressed with it. The inside queue area is adorable looks like you are in a tire shop. Mater's jamboree only had a 15 min wait and it was really cute. Mater's singing the soundtrack while you ride and it's pretty funny.

Overall, CarsLand is incredible! You actually feel like you just stepped into the movie. The "rock background" looks sooo realistic, it's just beautiful. We were in such a rush to make it down on time, we forgot the camera so no pictures from us. LOL My hubby, who is a mechanic, really appreciated all the little details, like radiator caps on top of some of the poles in line for Mater, little things like that all throughout the town.

Buena Vista street is very nice! They had one of the trolly's on display to climb on and take pictures with. As you're walking down the street, you can hear things from the upper windows, like at Disneyland by the lockers on Main St. I was pleasantly surprised at how uncrowned the preview was.

Like I said before, I'm soo happy we got to experience it before all the craziness because we aren't one that like to be in the parks when its super crowded. We will probably stay clear until some of it dies down now.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got home... what a long day.

We got to Disneyland at 5:45am. The trams were not running yet so we did the walk. Got to the ticket booth for the merchandise wristbands and the line was closed off already. Oh well... there goes my chance of getting the pins I wanted. Got in the line for DCA. The esplanade was in two sections, the front half/ separated by a media section, then the back half. The front half was let in early, to see the actual dedication. We got to view it on a large screen outside the gates. It was really fun watching it and at the end they had a few fireworks. We finally were let in and they were directing everyone to Cars Land. Got to RSR and got in line. The handicapped/wheelchair boarding is great. They have a separate car that you board and can take your time. It then goes on to the main track. The attraction is great. It really shows a story line. It does not go as fast at Test Track, but is still fun.

After RSR we went to Luigis Flying Tires. It was ok. The line does run long though. Loved the beach balls. They were giving out buttons with cars on them. There are about 5 buttons. We got 4 of them.

Maters Junkyard Jamboree was kind of fun. There are two sides loading so it does move a little faster. The ride it self is not loud, but there is music playing in the area between the two ride areas that is loud. We liked this one better than the flying tires.

Didn't try any of the food there, just too crowded. We eventually will try them. I love the orange cone drink mugs. The look like orange road cones with handles.

Buena Vista Street is very well done with lots of detail. Didn't get to explore all of the stores but it all looks great. Starbucks is located at the area where the ice cream was in the train. Can't wait to explore it more.

The crowd control before opening was fantastic and very well organized. Everyone in line was upbeat and in party mode. The CM's at the attractions still have to iron out their crowd control. I use an alternate entrance and some didn't know where they were located etc. All that will come in time and more experience running the attractions with large crowds. So overall... kudos to Disney for a job well done.

Disnyland... was still crowded, but not like the usual crowds. The line for Matterhorn was running 90 minutes most of the day. We got to ride it once. The new bobsleds are nice. There are 3 color sleds, red, blue and a sort of turquoise/green color. They had the mountain climbers on the mountain. There is also music playing yodeling type of music on the back side of the Matterhorn. I found it more difficult to board the new sleds. They are more snug. I finally got in and it was comfy except for my legs. There is not much leg room and they were bent. Felt sorta like a was at the doctors office... leave it to your imagination.

We went back to Cars Land later in the day...The lines were horrible. The regular line for RSR was 240 minutes. The fast pass line was 45min to 1 hour. We opted not to ride again, since we will be back on Monday.

Merchandise at the Animation building. I figured I would try and see if I could get a pin. The entrance was across from the Hyperion Theater in the side CM entrance. I had Jessica get in line while I drove around to a ramp area. Once inside we were given 4 color coded sheets of paper with all the items for sale. We were then sent into the art studio and waited for our number to be called. Once inside we went to the different zones. Whooohooo. All the pins I wanted were available. We ended up with 8 pins and one Red Trolly vinylmation.... YIKES Sticker shock... it was over $100.00. Oh well, my mission was accomplished. It was a once in a life time moment.

We left through the Grand Californian entrance/exit to DCA. I asked if there was re-entry for non hotel guests. Early morning, you need your room key to enter DCA. During the rest of the day, I was told it was for hotel guests and AP holders. Then another CM told me anyone could re-enter there as long as it is not in the early morning.

I will have pictures soon, didn't download them yet. Stay tuned
    Marci

Post Thanks / Like

Worked a full shift today.
    Then decided to drive over after taking a quick shower to refresh myself.

We got there about 4:15pm and the standby for RSR was 2 1/4 hours. I said pass. 1 hour for single rider. Again pass.

Living in Long Beach has it's advantages.

We did go on Mater's Junkyard Jamboree. It only took us about 45 minutes in the queue which was fun and very detailed. Didn't seem like that long before it was our turn. On the attraction, I smiled more than I had in a while. Do love me some Mater though....not gonna lie.

When we got off Mater we walked down the street waiting for the neon to be lit for the evening. What an event. Not to be missed. Sh-boom.......

Took a TON of pictures. Had fun people watching. Also had an excellent dinner at Boardwalk Pizza
    and Pasta.

Oh....when we first got there we attended the merchandise event. Very organized. Great job Disney! Was able to get what I wanted without too much hassle.

Next report will be after I go on RSR. Looking forward to it because it looked great (especially at night).

Disney fan....yesterday, today and always!

Sometimes we all need a bit of magic.

433 miles away from Disneyland!
    2,836 miles away from Walt Disney World!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paradise Pier Pinocchio View Post
    Worked a full shift today.
    Then decided to drive over after taking a quick shower to refresh myself.

We got there about 4:15pm and the standby for RSR was 2 1/4 hours. I said pass. 1 hour for single rider. Again pass.

Living in Long Beach has it's advantages.

We did go on Mater's Junkyard Jamboree. It only took us about 45 minutes in the queue which was fun and very detailed. Didn't seem like that long before it was our turn. On the attraction, I smiled more than I had in a while. Do love me some Mater though....not gonna lie.

When we got off Mater we walked down the street waiting for the neon to be lit for the evening. What an event. Not to be missed. Sh-boom.......

Took a TON of pictures. Had fun people watching. Also had an excellent dinner at Boardwalk Pizza
    and Pasta.

Oh....when we first got there we attended the merchandise event. Very organized. Great job Disney! Was able to get what I wanted without too much hassle.

Next report will be after I go on RSR. Looking forward to it because it looked great (especially at night).

Glad you got to go and that there was still merchandise available. The crowds for the merchandise filled the Aladding queue most of the day.
    Marci

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pictures

Here are the pictures. They include the line in the morning, Cars Land, Buena Vista Street and the new Matterhorn Bobsleds. I also took some pictures of regular merchandise in one of the Buena Vista stores. The bottles look like the old fashioned milk bottles.

Forgot to mention. On the bobsleds there are no lap bars. It is still seatbelts.

http://www.photobucket.com/carsland
    Marci

Post Thanks / Like

Marci,
    Just went thru the pics with my family. They were terrific! Are they letting resort guests in the parks earlier to ride the racers? We will be there in August! ~Lisa
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mouseketeer mom View Post
    Marci,
    Just went thru the pics with my family. They were terrific! Are they letting resort guests in the parks earlier to ride the racers? We will be there in August! ~Lisa
    Yes Disneyland Resort Hotel ( GCH, DLR, PP) guests can get in at 7AM for Magic Mornings. They are not the same days as Disneyland's MM. We are going tomorrow with our friends who are staying at the GCH, and Monday is a MM day. As long as you have your room key you are good to go. I can find out the days that the DCA MM's are.
    Marci

Post Thanks / Like

Marci,
    Lisa, to piggyback on Marci's response, the Magic Morning hours are now ONLY for DLR hotel guests. No one else can utilize them. DL and DCA alternate days on which they open 1 hour early. The schedule can be found on Disneyland.com
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

... Are they letting resort guests in the parks earlier to ride the racers? We will be there in August! ~Lisa
    "Early admission allows certain Guests entry on specific days into select attractions, stores, entertainment and dining locations at Disneyland or Disney California Adventure one hour before park opens to the public.

For registered Disneyland Resort Hotel Guests arriving June 18, 2012 or later. Extra Magic Hour is available every day during a hotel stay ~~ Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, & Saturday at Disneyland and Monday, Wednesday, & Friday at Disney California Adventure. Valid park ticket and active hotel room key card is required for admission."

Passholders or guests who booked packages through Walt Disney Travel Company or guests who purchased special bonus tickets have different early admission options.

No attraction is guaranteed to being open during early admissions, but at this point in time I would assume Radiator Springs Racers would be one of the attractions up and going.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up My DCA MM experience

We went down (early again) to Disneyland. Our friends were staying at the villas at GCH so we were early enough for the MM for the DL resort hotels.

We got in line about 6:45am and the line was just outside the lobby area by Acorn Gifts. It didn't take that long to get in even though the line was long,

They were directing everyone to the main entrance and would not let you go to the right by GRR. The CM's were having everyong to into Cars Land (presently). They did not open RSR a 7am but we were in line for it even though it didn't open right at 7am. They did open it before 8am. When we got there the wait time said 120 minutes for the stand by line. We got to ride it twice in the morning. Tried to ride it later at night and the fastpass line was at an hour wait. The stand by line was about 4 hours all day long.

We were in Cars Land until about 11am and went over to the DL side to ride the Matterhorn. This time I sat in the front. These new bobsleds are NOT comfortable at all. I think I perfer the middle or back seat to the front.

The Voices of Liberty are now at Disneyland at Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. They do a pre show there. It is a limited engagement and they will be there until Sept. 15h 2012. We didn't get a chance to see it but hopefully soon. We were on our way back to the room for lunch,rest and pool time. Didn't do much park time after the pool time,

It was quite a different experience for us and we enjoyed it. Our friend even got us our own room key. A very enjoyable, different way to be at the DLR.
    Marci

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Pictures of Cars Land

Here are some pictures from yesterday (6/18/12).

I got a breakfast cone from Cozy Cone. It was ok. My DD ate most of it. Found out that there are no AP discounts at Cozy Cone.

I also got a kids breakfast from Flo's V8. That actually had quite a bit. I got the American breakfast, scrambled eggs, potato's, 2 strips of turkey bacon and fruit and a drink. It is good if you want something but don't want a filling breakfast.

The inside of Flo's is cool. Love the light fixture above the queue area, and all the different "gas tanks". The theming is a big wow, with all the little details.

The girls on Mater's trailor are my DD and her friend.

We went back to CL in the evening and you must go via the entrance at Pacific Wharf. The view as you enter CL is incredible. Didn't make it back on RSR as the fastpass line was at an hour wait at 10pm.

Can't wait to go back, sometime after July 4th.

http://www.photobucket.com/Carsland2
    Marci

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing so much and so often Marci. It is very much appreciated.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Today was my first experience on Radiator Springs Racers. Brent and I arrived at the park just past 9 and Fastpasses were gone for the day. We decided on standby because we wanted to be assured to ride in the same car. We waited for five hours even though it was quoted at four hours. (Won't be doing that again any time soon)

Overall I really enjoyed the new attraction. Amazing theming and audio-animatronics. The ride time seemed too short to me (definitely when you consider wait to ride time ratio).

My soapbox moment would be to say that they should only be doing standby for starters. Until the masses experience it once. They did that with Star Tours 2.0. Why didn't they do that with this? Was it because of the re-invention of DCA? The ride capacity is so little that it seems logical to do it that way for now. Keep single rider because the cars should definitely be full.

Disney fan....yesterday, today and always!

Sometimes we all need a bit of magic.

433 miles away from Disneyland!
    2,836 miles away from Walt Disney World!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: