Quantcast Aaa discount?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Aaa discount?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Aaa discount?

When I go to aaa website and checked on a price of a room at the GF. It gave the exact same rate as Disney.com. I thought aaa members received at least a 10% discount?
    "Pudge controls the weather" -Lilo

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It is possible that the AAA rate is not available in which case they will quote the rack rate.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

AAA discounts are for specific resorts, room types, and dates - just like Disney's AP, Florida Resident, or general public discounts. In the words of a famous song, "you can't always get what you want".

Post Thanks / Like

Try calling Disney directly and ask them about an AAA discount. I have found that sometimes the AAA discount is better, but most times, it is the same as the annual pass discount when I call and ask. Currently,the annual pass discount on GF is 5%, so 10% is a deal!

You can also use Magical Journeys - and rest assured that you will get the best discount that you can ever get, even AFTER you book with them.
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!! The date is for for dec 16. Which seems to be past the cut off date for alot of discounts previously. But even a 5 or 10 will help at the GF! I usually use AAA to book but I don't know if my agent stays on top of discounts really close. I had to contact her about the free dining for when we go in sept so I think when we get into serious planning stages for our next trip we will use magical journeys!!

Post Thanks / Like

Drat, I was going to suggest going ahead and booking it, and then when you go in September, call and have the bounceback rate applied, but , the bounceback rate in December ends on December 15th. The bounceback rate for December is only Dec 1, and Dec 9-15.
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

According to the historical info central some discounts were announced in July for December so I'm hoping something will come out. I'll get an AP if the discount is big enough since we go every year anyway!!

Post Thanks / Like

The AAA discount isn't automatic. It's not like having a coupon. Disney only allows a certain percentage of rooms (by resort, by room type, by date) to be booked with that discount.

So for your chosen resort, with your chosen room category, on even only one of the days among your chosen dates, if there are already more AAA-discounted rooms booked than Disney allows, then that discount will no longer be available for that resort/room type/date.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: