Quantcast No Costumes allowed parks??? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    More likely that Disney would probably offer some kind of settlement just to make them go away.
    And, that means Disney loses, she wins... when she shouldn't... which is EXACTLY what this family is counting on...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Um, okay so what about the lady last week who was wearing a perfect Evil Queen costume at the MK for the last night of Snow White's Scary Adventure? She was all over the news coverage, twitters, etc. with her daughter (I assume) who was dressed as Snow White. I don't get it.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, just watched the video and this girl has some issues. First of all, I am all for kids maintaining their childhood for as long as possible, and it pains me to see my own kids growing so quickly. But seriously, it's time for this girl to grow up! I can't believe a person of her age is crying like that over a costume. Her reaction is something I'd expect from a small child, not a teenager. My boys, 12 and 10, know that this kind of behavior would never fly in our house.

I agree with the policy. I do think it's OK to allow costumes for Halloween parties. Parents are aware that other guests may be dressed up for the parties. It's also simple to explain to a child why there are more than one particular character/characters, due to folks dressing up for Halloween. A child can understand that.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    She got a free tee shirt, free passes, yadda yadda yadda... tell her to stop the fake crying and grow up... If being Tink is your dream at 15, you have bigger issues...
    Agreed...!
    --Heff

Post Thanks / Like

OH Wah!! I tell you on thing as a parent of a 17yr old daughter, there is no way my daughter would ever be boohooing to the press about being asked to follow company policy.

As for that girl spending time in DHS - well that was a different CM that allowed her entrance. One has to wonder if it was a young male entranced by her cleavage! Good thing the 'REAL' Tink doesn't reveal that much!!
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

Default When I worked for the mouse...

A woman on main street that was working at the emporiium had a rose "woven" into her hairstyle, she became an attraction and picture spot herself. Management was called and she was told to either utilize the salon in the utilidor or take the rest of the day off. On another note... A man that resembled Santa came in with his white beard and striped shirt and suspenders... Security gave him a Disney shirt and hat... Man do I have the stories!!!
    4.19.02- Baked for the mouse
    2002-Baked at Epcot’s Food and Wine
    11.13.02- Took a Norwalk Virus Disney Cruise
    6.20.04-Married at WDW Wedding Pavilion/ Reception at Boardwalk
    Old Key West:My Home
    "But father...I'm indecent" C.O.P.

Post Thanks / Like

Is anyone was wondering the official policy, here it is:
    The parks are a casual, family-oriented environment. We suggest you dress comfortably, wear good walking shoes and check the local weather report before you leave for the parks.
    Ensuring that the parks are family friendly is an important part of the Disney experience. In that spirit, we ask you to use your discretion and common sense. Attire that is not appropriate for the theme parks (and which may result in refusal of admittance) includes but is not limited to:

• Adult costumes or clothing that can be viewed as representative of an actual Disney character
    • Masks (unless you are dressing up for a particular event)
    • Clothing with objectionable material, including obscene language or graphics
    • Excessively torn clothing
    • Clothing which, by nature, exposes excessive portions of the skin that may be viewed as inappropriate for a family environment
    • Objectionable tattoos

A Guest is allowed into the parks if her or his hair (or make-up, if applicable) has been made to resemble a Disney Princess or character (for example, after a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique makeover) provided the Guest is not also wearing a costume or clothed to look like the character.

That is taken right from Disneyworld.com...

I did a little further digging and found this:

• Adult costumes or clothing that can be viewed as a costume (children under age 10 are excluded)

So, she is 15, considered an adult in Disney's eyes, and per dress code policy... So, she was in violation of their rule... Notice, the word MAY is also in there... So, for those wondering why they saw some people dressed and others turned away, there ya go... they MAY turn you away... Well, they turned her away in DAK, well within their right as per their own policy... They gave her a free stinking tee shirt and her family got passes... Now, time for the little missy to get over herself and stop her whining... We'll probably see her on one of those MTV teen reality shows soon...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

I did a little further digging and found this: [/LIST]
    So, she is 15, considered an adult in Disney's eyes, and per dress code policy... So, she was in violation of their rule... Notice, the word MAY is also in there... So, for those wondering why they saw some people dressed and others turned away, there ya go... they MAY turn you away... Well, they turned her away in DAK, well within their right as per their own policy... They gave her a free stinking tee shirt and her family got passes... Now, time for the little missy to get over herself and stop her whining... We'll probably see her on one of those MTV teen reality shows soon...
    and I think I know which show lol
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

I did a little further digging and found this: [/LIST]
    I feel pretty sure the MAY in there is for the event of maybe a handicapped adult person past the age limit directed or something along those lines, it certainly doesn't apply to this but on the note of the MAY being a concern that would be my best guess.
    Weirdo girl with fairy issues is not cool in my opinion, at all.
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    I feel pretty sure the MAY in there is for the event of maybe a handicapped adult person past the age limit directed or something along those lines, it certainly doesn't apply to this but on the note of the MAY being a concern that would be my best guess.
    Weirdo girl with fairy issues is not cool in my opinion, at all.
    That one word is what gives Disney discretion.. That girl was allowed into DHS with nothing said.. BTW, they weren't denying her entrance into DAK... She was allowed in.. They only asked her to cover up and provided her with a stinking free tee shirt...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    and I think I know which show lol
    Possible... But not because of the guy she is with now... I mean, he dressed as Peter Pan... I don't think, well... let me stop there

Post Thanks / Like

I say shame on the media for even covering this story. Who are any of us to be judging this young lady based on a spliced up news clip. I doubt anyone commenting on here personally knows her to be making such harsh judgements. She is 15! The bigger question is where are her parents? I know mine wouldn't have let me out of the house to go to a park in a skimpy Tink outfit, whether it was my life long dream or not! I do not have a problem with Disney's policy.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel her pain. I don't wear any costumes to the parks, but I look and walk like Quasimodo. Have had trouble at the MK gate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    I say shame on the media for even covering this story. Who are any of us to be judging this young lady based on a spliced up news clip. I doubt anyone commenting on here personally knows her to be making such harsh judgements. She is 15! The bigger question is where are her parents? I know mine wouldn't have let me out of the house to go to a park in a skimpy Tink outfit, whether it was my life long dream or not! I do not have a problem with Disney's policy.
    The media jumps at the moment they could report anything that would show Disney in a bad light... Even though in this situation, this little whining brat comes off looking like a fool...

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I had to watch it. Man, that girl needs to GROW UP! That was a little ridiculous that it was even covered by the news but I guess that painting Disney in a bad light sells.

I also have a problem with how provocatively she was dressed for 15 years old. I guess I'm too old-fashioned.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

... I mean, he dressed as Peter Pan... I don't think, well... let me stop there
    This just in, he now claims he was dressed as Robin Hood.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Springs View Post
    I feel her pain. I don't wear any costumes to the parks, but I look and walk like Quasimodo. Have had trouble at the MK gate.
    I know what you mean. People think I'm Goofy all the time.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    This just in, he now claims he was dressed as Robin Hood.
    LOL..... He did sort of look more like Errol Flynn's Robin Hood than Peter Pan... LOL....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Springs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    I know what you mean. People think I'm Goofy all the time.
    You two think you have it bad... I was once denied entry because one of the clueless managers thought I was Jabba the hut...

Best was when I tried to dress up like Mr. Hanky... They refused me entrance because I looked too much like a WDW executive (you choose which one)...

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Disney's park. Disney's rules. Don't like it? Don't go.
    Totally agree!
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: