Quantcast Double Stroller AND Umbrella Stroller? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

It makes me laugh that someone has THAT big of an opinion about other people bringing doubles. Did you ever consider that those particular people were rude (banging their strollers all over others) and that another set of parents could be very courteous with theirs?

To the original poster, plan on both kids needing a stroller. They will get tired! Even if they hate strollers usually, they will want them in Disney. I also think you should get 2 smaller strollers. Spent the $50 or so to get simple ones that fold easy and can recline. At least one of them. Your 2 yr old will appreciate it if they need to nap.

Our sons are 1 and 3. We plan to bring 2 strollers. My oldest is very disruptive in a double stroller and there is no way the 1yr old could nap if needed. Plus we can separate if needed to change a diapers, etc.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My stoller is just as necessary for the little legs of my kids as an ECV is for the tired legs of an elderly or disabled person. The difference is my kids don't have government protection.

When we were able to board a bus early, we would sit with the stroller tucked close to the seat, with one child behind the stroller so we're not taking up too much space. Since you mention irritation about us with kids and stollers, do you really think we irritate people more than those with ECVs?

And saying we should trade the convenience of a double strolle for two umbrellas is like saying the elderly should trade their ECV for a common wheelchair. You would never ask the latter to trade down, so why should the former?
    Thank you Gator for restoring my faith in this website and in people that are reality based!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

We decided to purchase a Combi Double Stroller. It is the side by side that fits through doorways, etc and folds up like a golf bag quite compactly!

I saw it mentioned here and on other discussion boards as a great Disney option. With the 2 DS in it or empty it is easy to push-much easier than our front and back Graco Duo Glider. It unfolds and folds in 3 seconds, and should make bus travel easier too with the carrying strap when it is folded.

We're leaving the umbrella stroller home this trip. We'll report back on how it went. We'll be there in 4 days!

Thank you for helping us decide!

Post Thanks / Like

A quick note. My family just went to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom yesterday with just one stroller for the baby. Mistake. We decided that on our upcoming trip to WDW, we'll definitely be bringing the double stroller and the umbrella. Our kids legs (7 and 5) were giving out by 6pm, and that's just after 1 day. Plus, they seemed to lag behind when we were walking. If it was crowded, it was hard to keep an eye on them. The stoller will keep them corralled. I suggest bringing seats for as many children as you have.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

yep! We have 7, 5 and 2 year old, 1 double jogger for the older ones (sometimes the younger ones depending on who is getting along that day and who needs time alone), and 1 single that reclines. Polite on the busses, and do your best. Do what works for YOUR family. Just remember rain covers.
    Trish

Next Trip Jan 2015 1 night POR, then BWV renting points
    Sept 2013 BWV renting points
    Nov 2012 BWV renting points for my big 4-0
    Sept 2011 BWV renting points
    Sept 2009 POP
    Sept 2008 POP
    Sept. 2007 POP
    Sept 2003 ASMu

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    As far as I can remmeber, every bus that has ever come when an ECV was in line with us was equipped to handle it. We waited countless times as the ECV driver slowly parked it (taking 3 seats), then got up with no problem to consume another seat, and then his 11 family members came and took up another group of seats. Meanwhile, me, the wife, and two kids get on board where we have to stand holding our DOUBLE stroller. My stoller is just as necessary for the little legs of my kids as an ECV is for the tired legs of an elderly or disabled person. The difference is my kids don't have government protection.

When we were able to board a bus early, we would sit with the stroller tucked close to the seat, with one child behind the stroller so we're not taking up too much space. Since you mention irritation about us with kids and stollers, do you really think we irritate people more than those with ECVs?

And saying we should trade the convenience of a double strolle for two umbrellas is like saying the elderly should trade their ECV for a common wheelchair. You would never ask the latter to trade down, so why should the former? And if a bus driver denies access to double strollers, they should deny access to ECVs based on the same level of inconvenience.

To the original poster, bring a double and the umbrella. At those ages, they'll want to ride in them nearly all day long. Plus, it gives you extra control over them because they're not loose and running free. And don't worry about people getting irritated on the bus. They'll get even with you all day by cutting right in front of you in the parks and then yelling at you when you run them over. Have a magical trip!
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

MODERATOR ALERT!!

Natalie has already warned to not make this thread a stroller v. ECV debate, and yet we've had some folks continue. Please stick to the OP's question regarding strollers.

Thank you and on with the discussion!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2disneyfans View Post
    We decided to purchase a Combi Double Stroller. It is the side by side that fits through doorways, etc and folds up like a golf bag quite compactly!
    Excellent choice! You are going to love that stroller. It does become harder to push as the kids get heavier, so don't plan on keeping it for years and years. but, it has good resale value if you keep it in nice condition. I sold mine after 2 years for over 50% of "new" price on Craigslist!

My recommendation to you is to REMOVE the front bars. They come off very easily and are really not necessary (at least for the older child). It makes it much easier to get the kids in/out without it. The one year old might like it to have something to hold onto or attach toys to, but for the older one, it will become an obstacle.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone having any experience of renting strollers from Babies R Us?
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

Dont forget the Orlando stroller company is great as well to rent from. My sister has used them in the past. Very good service.
    I will be heading in Sept with my double stroller as it works best for my family. I have a 3 year old and an 8 month old at the time of our trip. I know an umbrella stroller will be easier for my bigger guy but he cannot recline in it and we let them nap as we go. So it is whatever fits your family.
    Definitely bring a stroller of some sort for each child under 5. It is way too much walking for them and if you dont you will end up carrying them through the parks.
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: