Quantcast Price Increase Sunday June 3rd! - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brad817 View Post
    Thanks! Then what is the point of having the no expiration option on the tickets if you can purchase them as far in advance as you want? Is that just to extend the clock once you use the first day of a ticket?
    I know Heather already answered you (thanks Heather!), but basically, yes, the only real purpose for no expiration option is to extend the clock once you first use a ticket.

There is another, slightly more obscure purpose for a no expiration, and that's two trips, but you really need to know how many days each trip will be. Example: you will be going for two 4 day trips, perhaps a couple years apart. You can buy an 8 day pass with no expiration for much cheaper than two different 4 day tickets. Right now, before price increases, an 8 day hopper with no expiration is $74 cheaper each person than two 4 day hoppers without no expiration. So, if you know exactly the number of days the trips would be, even years apart, you can save some money that way. Not many do know that info of course, so it's not used that way much.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    I just called member services... Starting tomorrow, DVC AP price is $425 plus tax, one continuous price, no child discounts... So, the reports you have read online are true...
    So yesterday we thought DVC members would end up paying $504.81 (the 574 minus 100 DVC discount plus tax) for an AP but apparently it will be about $452.62 (taxes included). The big question now becomes whether that $52 per person is enough to make people that have sworn off Disney reconsider?

(And I don't mean to pick on any of the Previous Posters by that, but I've seen a LOT of "If they keep raising prices we won't go back" over the years and in almost every instance that poster is back in 6 months with a "Just booked!!!" thread or you see a year later that their sig line has new upcoming trips planned so color me skeptical that the price increase will actually cause too many of us to actually quit vacationing at Disney and/or sell off the DVC ownership).

Kudos to those who actually do vote with their wallets since it's the only way the message will get through to Disney.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Wow. Just wow on the child AP prices. Doesn't apply to us anymore, but I find that totally unbelievable.
    It has been this way with APs at Disneyland F-O-R-E-V-E-R.

It was quite difficult to pony up $300+ to buy my oldest DS's first Deluxe AP at the age of 3, and that was 5 years ago. Today, it would cost almost $500. If we were still living in CA, our Disneyland AP's would cost $2000 for our family of four. It's hard to swallow, but when you go REALLY often, you can justify it.

If I was one of those people who bought a WDW AP to use maybe twice 11 months apart, I would certainly balk at these prices.

Like you said, thank goodness for the military discounts, because if not for those, I wouldn't even be visiting Disney parks anymore. We're just now anxiously awaiting to hear if they are going to extend it, because if not, no ICOT15 for me, and possibly no DLR trip for our family in November.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

We recently bought AP vouchers, one of which was for a child. This may be a silly question, but when I go to activate it will they still accept the child voucher and not require any additional money? I think the answer is yes they will still take it, but I thought I would double check with the experts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tri Minnie View Post
    We recently bought AP vouchers, one of which was for a child. This may be a silly question, but when I go to activate it will they still accept the child voucher and not require any additional money? I think the answer is yes they will still take it, but I thought I would double check with the experts.
    as long as you bought it before the price increase, you are OK...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dnickels View Post
    So yesterday we thought DVC members would end up paying $504.81 (the 574 minus 100 DVC discount plus tax) for an AP but apparently it will be about $452.62 (taxes included). The big question now becomes whether that $52 per person is enough to make people that have sworn off Disney reconsider?

(And I don't mean to pick on any of the Previous Posters by that, but I've seen a LOT of "If they keep raising prices we won't go back" over the years and in almost every instance that poster is back in 6 months with a "Just booked!!!" thread or you see a year later that their sig line has new upcoming trips planned so color me skeptical that the price increase will actually cause too many of us to actually quit vacationing at Disney and/or sell off the DVC ownership).

Kudos to those who actually do vote with their wallets since it's the only way the message will get through to Disney.
    Well, I can only speak for myself but I couldn't justify renewing the AP last year after the price increase, and I cannot justify buying a new AP even with the DVC price being $425... So, I will not be buying...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Okay well the DVC rate being like $175 less than a regular AP sure makes a difference for us. With 6 AP's that's over $1,000 savings.

Looks like I can pull the plug on the "end of our Disney trips" for the moment.

Actually I like the idea of matching the FLA resident prices. When you think about it, you techincally "own" a piece of FLA real estate anyway so ...
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried twice today to order/ pay for our MYW tickets (we haven't bought them yet and we check in tomorrow-- June 3!!!). I gave up after waiting 30 minutes on the phone. I assume there were a lot of people buying while the price is "low".
    1998 Caribbean Beach
    2002, 2003 Off Property
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 PO Riverside
    2009 :(
    2010, 2012, 2016 Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

Actually I like the idea of matching the FLA resident prices. When you think about it, you techincally "own" a piece of FLA real estate anyway so ...
    I can see the equal pricing (for loyalty reasons) and have no issue with it at all. But I think the thought of owning a piece of FL real estate is stretching it a bit. I don't even own any FL real estate and I'm a resident.

My in-laws renewed their APs today at DTD. They were due to renew June 17th.

Nat, I didn't realize DL child APs were the same price as adults. I think that's just crazy!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I can see the equal pricing (for loyalty reasons) and have no issue with it at all. But I think the thought of owning a piece of FL real estate is stretching it a bit.
    Ha ha ha ... I said that kinda tongue in cheek, Mel. Hence the quotes around "own" lol
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I don't belong to DVC but I have to agree here. I know you got a discount on the APs before but it's nice to get some sort of really good perk out of that membership!
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: