Quantcast As the crow flies to WDW

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default As the crow flies to WDW

after hardly any sleep, left shortly after 4 am to drive to PHILLY airport and park nearby...by philly..security line was long. they swabbed my wrist brace. .flight was full and they were doing random checks at gate. arrived on time, rented a car. drove to WL arriving around planned time. they walked me up to club level to check in and i had done online checkin last night. concierge was friendly and walked to a newly rehabbed room, unfortunatelly overlooking the smoke shop and maint area w a glimpse of contemporary. new carpet in hall, new tiles in bathroom w animals on them, beds that he said they were still changing as they might have a dust ruffle or whatever put in and diff color headboard pad as they were still deciding final touches as they worked. the wooden headboard above bumper was nice etching of woods wildlife scene. flatscreen tv. wifi
    he did review the lounge and said he could get me before it was put out so took him up on that and got 3 bottles apiece to put in fridge. shortly after arrival they had snacks out, lemonade, water, cranberry juice, coffe machine,cookies, snackmix, gummy fish, bananas, apples, canned soda and apple juice.
    we talked to him a bit about places to eat then went DD, where i got my AP, my Dis reward dollars and used them to buy a TIW. decided to eat at Wolfgang Pucks..not too busy, hostess and waitress were nice but the food took forever. spring rolls. i got sake, pumpkin ravioli which was good, friend got burger and fries, fries were cold but she brought more when told. TIW discount $11.35. 18% GRATUITY added. i doubt that i will go back anytime soon.
    My friend had to drive to the panhandle to check on rental house, so i headed back to WL, told my gf to try to come down at the end of wk after funeral, had a and gonna rest then maybe head to MK that is open til 11.
    tomorrow i plan on grabbing coffee and something from lounge then heading to EPCOT
    where i have an ADR at noon for Tokyo Dining
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear Wolfgang Puck Express disappointed. We've never had a bad meal there. Or maybe I'm mistaken and you ate at one of their other locations????? We've only ever tried Express and it's been some of our best CS meals each time.

How wonderful to be at the very start of your trip! Enjoy WL and the rest of your trip!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you made it safely! Have a wonderful trip.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like the same club level area we stayed in - do you have a view of the Magic Kingdom fireworks from your room? That, as I recall, was the tradeoff for the poor view below.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

it was Wolfgang westside, not the CS which i heard is good. i wanted to use the TIW
    i can see the Contemporary the monorail thru comt, Space MT, Castle so i should b able to see fireworks. i will know in a few hrs. i decided to stay at WL tonite, see Electrical Water pgt then wishes from room since i slept only a few hrs, left house 4am etc
    i went to CL lounge at snack time and hardly saw anyone.for app time. they had swordfish chowder which was good, sourdough bread,2 kinds of hummus, crackers, 4 kinds of cheese, carrotsticks, cherry tomatoes,dip, potato salad, tea,coffee, water, 4 kinds of beer, 2 red wines from 2009, 1 white. pbj shooters. i dont usually eat too much but im going to check out the desserts in a few min, since i am paying so much.
    i figure ill only eat 1 meal out this way, except for mayb a dinner at AP.
    new paint, rugs in hall maybe could have been a little brighter. ill have to see if their are any hidden mickeys in this carpet. you can smell the new rugs and paint.the turndown service came by and i said i didnt need it, she asked if i wanted chocolate, i patted my stomach and said idts, but she gave me a handful anyway. all of the staff seem really nice so far.
    please ask anything im sure i forget some things so i will try to find out answers
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a nice opening to your travels. The spread they put out sounds impressive...
    --Heff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the trip report.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: