Quantcast What are the first rides/shows that you would go to at Universal Studios & IOA?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default What are the first rides/shows that you would go to at Universal Studios & IOA?

This is our first trip to Universal Studios. What are the first rides that you would go to as soon as the park opens. We plan to go to Wizarding World for the early hours, as we are staying at Portofino Bay. Which rides/shows end up with the longest lines, so that they are the ones that you want to go to first thing in the morning?
    Jeanie
    Next Trips:
    March 2014 - Wilderness Lodge
    Past Trips:
    June 2012- POP Century
    May 2008- Wilderness Lodge
    October 2007- Pop Century
    May 2006- Wilderness Lodge
    August 1996- Off Site
    Several Trips to Disney Land & World as a kid

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I can only offer advise on IOA. I would definitely hit WWOHP first and make Forbidden Journey your first ride. If you have time I would suggest doing Spiderman before lunch and then heading to Hulk or Jurrasic Park.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

For the Studios, the only ride I would be concerned with is Hollywood Rip Ride and Rockit. That is the large (and very fun) roller coaster over at the Studios.

You won't need to worry about lines! You're staying at Portofino Bay. This means your room key will let you jump to the front of the line for EVERY ride except the Forbidden Journey and Hollywood Rip Ride and Rockit.

I haven't tried my room key for shows, but I have never found them to be very crowded.

You're sure to find that having the room key access proves to be a VERY relaxing vacation. Once we started staying on the property, we can't stop because it allows for such a laid back vacation with a lot of options because you don't need to worry about making tons of plans or dealing with the crowds nearly as much. Enjoy!
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

I agree completely with Mfarquar. The express pass is such an unbelievable option, I cannot imagine doing Universal without it ... nor can my kids imagine having to stand in line again for Disney rides.

The line for Rip Ride Rock It at US does get long and stays long all day into evening. If anyone in your party wants to do that ride (I understand you don't like thrill rides and I could not handle many at Universal, but I think RRRI is the most fabulous, smooth ride in all of the parks and should not be missed by any thrill seekers), you have to arrive at opening (or 15 min before). We would hit WWOHP at the early opening, ride a few rides and make it to US about 15 minutes before opening. We found that they opened the gates early every morning and let you through ... that way, the kids could get 3-4 rides on RRRI away before we leisurely strolled throughout the rest of the day.

Oh and if anyone is a real thrill seeker ... ask to wait for the first car .... the best seat in the house.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

It is the best seat in the house!!

Also, if you're really into it, you can pick music that's not on the "menu" by holding down the Rip Ride and Rock It logo for about 10 seconds. you then can type in your own number. There are several sites that list the hidden tracks. If I remember correctly, #902 is "Rainbow Connection"
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

Also, if you're really into it, you can pick music that's not on the "menu" by holding down the Rip Ride and Rock It logo for about 10 seconds. you then can type in your own number. There are several sites that list the hidden tracks. If I remember correctly, #902 is "Rainbow Connection"

That...is...awesome!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I know I'm getting off topic, but thought it might be helpful to have a song list for any of the posters that are interested. It's important to know the right number, because you otherwise get a random song, which is usually ends up being the Chemical Brothers.

#101 – Temples of Syrinx – Rush
    #102 - Smithereens - Blues Before&After
    #103 – Break On Through – The Doors
    #104 – Crocodile Rock – Elton John
    #105 - Do It Again - Steely Dan
    #106 - Candlebox - Don’t You
    #107 – Drivin’ Rain – Gov’t Mule
    #108 – 8 Miles High – The Byrds
    #109 - Fantasy - Aldo Nova
    #110 - American Hi-Fi - I’m A Fool
    #111 - Unknown Guitar Solo
    #112 – Freebird – Skynyrd
    #113 - Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin
    #114 - Just Because - Jane's Addiction
    #115 - Live - Lenny Kravitz
    #116 - Mexicola - Queens of Stone Age
    #117 - Unknown
    #118 - Unknown
    #121 - Tom Petty-Runnin Down a Dream
    #122 - Rolling Stones - Start Me Up
    #123 – Stockholm Syndrom – Muse
    #124 - Diary of Jane - Breaking Benjamin
    #125 - Great Gig in the Sky - Pink Floyd
    #127 - Urgent - Foreigner
    #128 - Vertigo - U2
    #129 - Wheel in the Sky - Journey
    #130 - Won't Get Fooled Again-The Who
    #131 – Klein Mandelbrot (edit) - aka: Blue Man Group: The Ride
    #132 – Drumbone – Blue Man Group
    #221 - BLANK
    #225 - BLANK
    #301 – Float On – Modest Mouse
    #302 - I Want You Back - Jackson Five
    #303 - In My Pocket - Cat Empire
    #304 - Still Rock ‘n Roll To Me - Billy Joel
    #306 – Lose Yourself – Eminem
    #307 - Ride Like The Wind - Christopher Cross
    #308 - Run to You - Bryan Adams
    #309 - Save Room - John Legend
    #311 - Unknown R&D Track
    #312 – My Everything – Barry White
    #321 - BLANK
    #333 - BLANK
    #508 – Pivot – Dry (local band)
    #666-691 - BLANK
    #701 – Cyanide – Metallica
    #702 - Unknown Metal Song
    #703 - For Whom The Bell Tolls - Metallica
    #704 - Forever Down-Black Label Society
    #707 - Know your Enemy - Rage Against the Machine
    #708 – Lets Go – Ministry
    #709 - Mouth For War - Pantera
    #710 – Painkiller - Judas Priest
    #711 - Paranoid - Black Sabbath
    #713 - Wicker Man - Iron Maiden
    #715 - Wake Up Dead - Megadeth
    #718 - You've Got Another Thing Comin - Judas Priest
    #724 - BLANK
    #901 - Movin Right Along - Muppets
    #902 - Rainbow Connection-Muppets
    #904 - Night on Bald Mountain - Modest Mussorgsky

Post Thanks / Like

Wow...thanks for that!!

I'll have to print it out and have it ready for our trip next week!!

Post Thanks / Like

As mentioned make FJ your first stop. If you plan on doing the Wand Show, which was very cute, but very short, make a bee line over to that line as soon as you get off of FJ. That line gets extremely long and doesn't take express pass either.

Use your Express pass for the Monster Make Up Show also. It will probably get you first row seats in the middle, which are the best!
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Harry Potter, JP, the toon water rides, then Spiderman.

Post Thanks / Like

I would make Wizarding World my first stop in IOA... I can easily spend the morning there, and getting an early lunch at Three Broomsticks.. I'd hit Spider-man after... Stopping by Jurassic Park on the way.. The water rides, if you are going to do them, I'd hit them directly after Wizarding World... You'll dry off a lot faster LOL...

In Universal, hmmm... I'd probably make Mummy my first ride... And I'd end the day with Mummy... Start with the best, end with the best...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: