Quantcast Best and Worst Airlines

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Best and Worst Airlines

Knock on wood when I travel to Disney I haven't had a bad experience on any airline, but with all the add on fees, sometimes not so good customer service and varies delay's I am curious what everyones favorite and least favorite airline to get to Disney? My favorite is probably Southwest although it would be nice to have a little entertainment onboard but they get me there on time and don't have to pay for bags. I don't have a least favorite yet but if you are going to nickel and dime me on top of having my flight delayed then you will be on the top of my list. LOL

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite is the one that will fly me direct to Orlando at the lowest price I can find.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I've flown Delta and US Air, not necessarily a BAD experience with either, but i do remember multiple delays with Delta. I generally fly Southwest wherever I go though, but in the past have just used whoever Disney bundled their packages with. In my research for an upcoming trip, they seem to also use Jet Blue now, but I'm am planning on booking my air independently through Southwest since it seems like the cheapest deal and I have never had a bad experience with them whenever I have flown. And can't beat the free bags, I don't like to carry anything on to the plane larger than a purse.
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

I love Southwest. I've never had a bad experience with them and they've always been on time.

Charlie aka wdw dude

4/27-5/1/2010 Beach Club
    10/11-10/15/2010 Boardwalk
    12/9-12/13/2011 Boardwalk
    11/3-11/8/2012 Treehouse Villas/Boardwalk
    12/2-12/8/2013 Boardwalk
    10/25-10/31/2014 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

SW. cause of one free checked bag. i have noticed flights are more crowded overall now though. and sometimes lining up at the ABC isnt always good. usually they are the cheapest or pretty close though
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

I do a LOT of flying and hand's down, my favorite is Southwest. I've had a few flights with them where not everything went as well as it could have, but I've never had a seriously bad experience. Even when something does go awry, they at least try to make it right. Their flights depart on time and they typically arrive a few minutes early. Their people are great, know how to smile, get the job done but don't take themselves so seriously that they can't have a bit of fun in the process.

Least favorite is a much harder question. Delta, United, Continental and USAir are all tied for worst IMHO, with American only slightly better. If forced to choose one as "worst", I'd go with Untied (and yes the transposition of letters is intentional). I have never flown them when there wasn't a major problem (not weather related) and extremely surly personnel.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

We've been flying Delta lately. Even with the baggage fees, it's been the best deal around our area.
    I really don't care for Spirit. Lots of hidden fees, flight delays and flight cancellations.
    It seems like good experiences are regional. I would love to fly Southwest but out of Detroit Metro, it's expensive and there aren't any nonstop flights. I really don't like to fly so one take off and landing are enough for me

Post Thanks / Like

I like SW and never had a bad experience until we came back from Disney about 3 weeks ago. We had the stewardess from H_ _ _! Never had one with such an attitude before! Just an overall nasty attitude! That being said, I'm getting ready to relocate back to the Indy area, and SW has NO direct flights from there to Orlando anymore. Since I don't really want to go to Baltimore or Kansas City first, I guess I'll be flying Airtran direct and pay for my baggage!

Post Thanks / Like

Best: Southwest
    Worst: Delta

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
    That being said, I'm getting ready to relocate back to the Indy area, and SW has NO direct flights from there to Orlando anymore. Since I don't really want to go to Baltimore or Kansas City first, I guess I'll be flying Airtran direct and pay for my baggage!
    Remember that Southwest and AirTran are essentially the same company now; eventually, the AirTran name and policies will be going away, and everything will be Southwest.

BTW, Crow - SW allows TWO free bags.

My favorite = Southwest, hands down.

My unfavorite = Spirit.
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    My favorite is the one that will fly me direct to Orlando at the lowest price I can find.
    except not necessarily Orlando (too clase to fly), anywhere I need to go.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Also Southwest for many of the reasons mentioned above but also because you can change your flights anytime and there are no change fees!

I just changed my one flight too MCO to a later departure time - no fee : ) I also changed my return flight (well, really, just re-booked the same flight again) because the price dropped and I saved $50 for future use on my next trip with them!

And you can do it ALL ONLINE EASILY!!

LOVE THAT!
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    We changed our mind about driving to WDW last week and got a GREAT deal on Jet Blue, non-stop to MCO.
    Can't wait!

Visits:
    1997 - day trip
    Sept. 2006 - WL
    May 2007 - WL
    May 2009 - WL
    May 2010 - WL
    May 2012 - WL
    May 2015- WL Girls Trip!!!
    May 2017 -POR Girls Trip!
    May 2018 - WL Girls Trip
    May 2019 - WL Girls Trip!

Saratoga County, New York/Polk County, Florida
    Post Thanks / Like

Southwest is my favorite. I watch movies on my iPad for entertainment.
    39 trips to WDW (before I stopped counting and bought a house in the WDW area), 1 to DL & 5 DCL

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for Southwest as our favorite. Also, another vote for Spirit as our least favorite. In fact, we won't fly them anymore - very mediocre service, and they nickel and dime you with charges for just about everything. No thanks....

Post Thanks / Like

jetBlue!!

Direct from Syracuse to Orlando. TV for everybody, larger seats, newer A320's...no reason to fly anyone else!

Denise
    '72 & '76 FW
    '88 Off Site
    '98 Dixie Landings
    '00 Treehouse Villas
    '02 & '03 POR
    '04 & '05 WL
    '06 & '07 POR
    '07 WL
    '09 POR
    '11 AKL
    '13 WL
    Next Up: Jan '15 WL

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite airline was Song which was a small Delta affiliate. They were very similar to Jet Blue and they had very roomy seats, friendly crews, they had a nice sized cocktail menu and lots of snack/soft drink options. When you got on the plane music was playing and the flight attendants made going over the safety instructions as entertaining as possible. When they were gone I began using Jet Blue. I like the airline, never had a bad experience and few unavoidable delays. Plus I can always get direct flights at a good price. The only airline I had an issue with was Spirit. They were unprofessional, there was duct tape all over the cabin, the flight attendants were rude, and when we landed at Orlando the plane wouldn't connect to the jetway. We sat on the plane for over an hour while one of those stair things were brought over so we could get out.

Post Thanks / Like

I loved Song...too bad they are gone! I used to fly Delta but no more, especially since you have to pay for bags to fly. We've taken Southwest and liked them but my favorite is JetBlue. First bag free and you're allowed one carry on for each person and the tv's, which makes the flight go faster...especially since I hate flying. I just wish Southwest had tv's too!

Post Thanks / Like

Worst-Frontier
    Best-Alaska

Post Thanks / Like

American usually has the best rate/schedule from DFW so they're the best choice. I've had good no-frills service from them.
    AP Platinum/Florida resident

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: