Quantcast Dining Thoughts.....

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dining Thoughts.....

We recently returned from WDW and I have just a few thoughts on dining.

1. We chose to go with the DDP with 1 CS and 1TS per day. I think that the DDP was not worth the $$. The only time that I think that we truly got our moneys worth was when we ate at a 2 cedit TS. Otherwise, I generally felt that the food that we got was not worth it.

2. We chose to go with some of the recommendations from folks on intercot. From those tips, we found a new favorite CS (Flame Tree BBQ - super Yum!!!!! ) and one of our least favorite TS (Le Celier ). The service at Le Celier was absolutely horrible. We had very limited choices with the DDP. I selected the filet and asked for it to be medium. When my meal came it was charred!!! It was the worst steak that I have ever eaten! For a 2 credit meal I was so disappointed!!!! Another huge disappointment was Via Napoli. My son ordered the kids pizza and when it came it was all water on top. Like it had been defrosted and brought to the table. Eeewwwww. Another thumbs down. I had Caesar salad and it was average, nothing special.

3. Of all of the TS restaurants that we ate at, Narcoosees was the absolute best!!! The service was fantastic! The food was the best we had all week. I had surf and turf, hubby had filet, and DS had chicken breast. All were cooked and presented beautifully. The desserts were also fantastic. Worth every penny! And the waiter got a very generous tip as he was very kind and friendly to DS.

4. I also tried two things for snacks that were firsts for me.....school bread in Norway and Dole Whip at MK. Both were fantastic!
    Off Property 4/87
    YC 7/1997
    YC 7/1998
    YC 8/2000
    YC 5/2012

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you on LeCellier - not worth 2 table credits.
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

The school bread is an absolute must for me since I grew up enjoying it. Thanks Gramma Erik!
    You can not go to disney and not enjoy the dole whip!
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about your experience at Le Cellier. We have ate there 4 times and every meal the food and service was very good.

That said, we are not going this year. For 2 TS credits, we will be dining at Narcoossee's. We have eaten at Narcoossee's 3 times and LeCellier while good in our opinion does not come close to offering the quality of meals that we have had from 2 TS - Signature restaurants.
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

I really haven't had a food problem in WDW. Service yes, for that I hate it for you. We will never go back to DDP unless of course it is free. But OOP I like options and do not want to feel like I have to because I paid for it. We did Le Cellier for lunch. I had a burger and it was crazy good. But I hate to hear about the frozen pizza. That really stinks. I truly hope your family has better luck next time
    PLEASE WAIT UNTIL THE RIDE COMES TO A COMPLETE STOP!!!

Post Thanks / Like

yes school bread
    Via Napoli had about the best pixxa ive had,sorry yours was bad
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Narcoosees is a hidden gem to be sure. It is an "everything to everyone" type of place. Comfortable for kids but elegant enough for a parent's night out. Always on my short list.

'76 offsite, '90 offsite, '03 Courtyard DTD, '04 offsite, '05 CBR, '05 POFQ solo, '06 Sports solo, '06 POFQ, '07 Pop, '09 offsite solo, '09 POFQ, '09 Music, '10 CS, '11 Pop, '12 Pop, '13 dolphin.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not crazy about DDP

I have only done the DDP once when it was "Free". I have to say, it felt like we were a slave to the food. The value didn't really pan out for us and we seemed to spend most of our time running for ADRs throughout the trip. We leave in 10 days and have come to enjoy the freedom of just picking up mostly counter service and only booking one or two TS.

We did book lunch at Le Cellier, but that is only to enjoy some soup . . .
    DL/DCA 40+ days a year 1999-2004
    10 D. CBR 6/02
    11 D. AKL 7/05
    6 D. CBR 12/05
    11 D. BWR 7/06
    11 D. POFQ (never again) 7/07
    7 D. CBR 11/07
    12 D. AKL/CR 7/08
    11 D. AKL 12/09
    12 D. BWI 6/10
    10 D. AKL 11/10
    10 D. POR (never again) 6/11
    10 D. AKL 12/11
    10 D. CBR 6/12
    Next 11D BWI 11/12

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EeyoreFan View Post
    1. We chose to go with the DDP with 1 CS and 1TS per day. I think that the DDP was not worth the $$. The only time that I think that we truly got our moneys worth was when we ate at a 2 cedit TS. Otherwise, I generally felt that the food that we got was not worth it.
    I'm not sure what you mean here....if you had paid OOP, you would have gotten the same service/food quality. Eating at Le Cellier OOP and eating there on the DDP doesn't affect whether or not your steak is cooked right. Can't really blame that on the DDP.

Are you saying that if you hadn't gotten the DDP, that you would have eaten at more expensive restaurants? Also, you're not stuck to a specific DDP menu when you're on the DDP...you prepay, and yes, there are DDP selections, but you can still get anything you want. You just have to pay OOP for it. But, let's say that you went to the Coral Reef. You get an entree, drink, and dessert. You want an appetizer? Sure, go ahead. Your meal is already worth more than you paid for the DDP that day (DDP for adults is somewhere in the $45/day range...meal at Coral Reef could easily cost more than that). Shelling out $8 for a nice appetizer isn't going to break the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney4 View Post
    I have only done the DDP once when it was "Free". I have to say, it felt like we were a slave to the food. The value didn't really pan out for us and we seemed to spend most of our time running for ADRs throughout the trip. We leave in 10 days and have come to enjoy the freedom of just picking up mostly counter service and only booking one or two TS.
    If the DDP was free, what were you worried about? It didn't cost you anything....and if you're normally used to paying OOP for food, then if you felt like doing something else, you could have! We always get the free DDP, and while we do plan ahead of time, get ADRs, etc, we don't always stick to it. Sometimes, you just don't feel like it....so cancel the ADR and do something else!
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. Going in December and it's always nice to hear someone's recent experiences.
    mommy2maddi

Aug. 2010 at POP
    4/27-5/3/15 AoA Nemo suites
    Getting married at WDW in 2018- Staying at WDW Swan for 4 nights and Polynesian for 4 nights.

Post Thanks / Like

Just curious, what were some of the other places you ate? I do agree I probably wouldn't want to spend 2 credits at Lecellier, I would do the 1 CS lunch instead but what were your other places?

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: