Quantcast How To Ship Aerosol Sunscreen

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default How To Ship Aerosol Sunscreen

So for our upcoming trip this August I am downright REFUSING to check a bag. At this point, it's the principal of the thing! With a fee either way, that is $50, for ONE BAG! We will be starting our vacation off at the Boardwalk Inn. My main concern is shipping sunscreen. I can get aerosol sunscreen cans for about $4 a can here so I'd really like to avoid paying way more on property. My question is, has anybody done this? In the research I've done most companies seem to make you label the box as "hazardous," even for ground shipping. I'm guessing the Boardwalk won't accept a box that is labeled as such. Is there any other way I can do this? If not, I know I can always ship the non-aerosol kind, but I really prefer the spray! Also, has anybody been there recently that can tell me if the Boardwalk will charge a fee for holding this package for me? Thanks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We use non-aerosol but I usually just pick up 2 - 4oz and carry them with us. I'm not sure if the aerosol comes in smaller bottles. They may be a bit more expensive that way but may equal the cost of shipping.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Aside from the irksome bag charges (which we don't have, flying Southwest, for the 1st two bags), look up the cost of sending a $4 aerosol canister, including all charges that might be incurred by sending an aerosol product (may be extra tariffs, etc.) ... to the cost of the same aerosol on site. It might be a wash. And you're probably right, they probably won't accept anything marked, 'hazardous.'

Disneyland Anaheim JUL66
    Cocoa Beach Hilton SEP86
    [just passing through] OCT94
    Coronado Springs JAN03, DEC06
    Caribbean Beach FEB05
    Disney Magic DEC06
    Fort Wilderness AUG08, AUG09
    Port Orleans French Quarter AUG11
    ???????????????????? XXX14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by btharvey View Post
    Aside from the irksome bag charges (which we don't have, flying Southwest, for the 1st two bags), look up the cost of sending a $4 aerosol canister, including all charges that might be incurred by sending an aerosol product (may be extra tariffs, etc.) ... to the cost of the same aerosol on site. It might be a wash. And you're probably right, they probably won't accept anything marked, 'hazardous.'
    I agree. If this is the way you want to go, I'd either go with non-aerosol/smaller sunscreen (that you can take through airport security with you), or buy exactly what you need when you get there. If you're onsite at Disney, it'll cost you a lot more than $4. If you are renting a car, there's a Target and Walmart close by where you can get it cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like

Just buy it onsite, or use a different kind for your trip. Honestly, I hear you on liking the aerosol sprays the best, but it's not worth the hassle.

For what it's worth, though, I order aerosol cans often online (different cleaning products as well as sunscreen from an online drugstore) and the boxes just have to be shipped ground, but they do NOT ever have a "hazardous" designation on them.

If you are looking for a good alternative to aerosol spray sunblock, look into Bullfrog GEL sunblocks. They are much easier to apply than creams.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everybody! I have not heard of sunscreen gel before. I'll definitely look into that. I also just discovered sunscreen wipes. Has anybody used these?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Luv4WDW View Post
    Thanks everybody! I have not heard of sunscreen gel before. I'll definitely look into that. I also just discovered sunscreen wipes. Has anybody used these?
    As a Dermatologist friend told me - Sunscreen wipes are good for those that don't burn easily and those not planning on being outside for more than an hour. He hates them and unless you have a child with sensory issues - never recommends them.

Remember when applying sunscreen - apply it 30 minutes BEFORE you plan on going out and reply often even when you aren't getting wet. Better safe than sorry. And even spray on sunscreens need to be rubbed in.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

I got a trial package of sunscreen wipes once. They are worthless.

Look for Bullfrog Quik Gel. It's available almost everywhere and from several online vendors.

I like it because it is VERY easy to spread so you get full coverage. It has alcohol in it, which makes it kinda watery (gel consistency) but it has a nice cooling effect when you apply it, so it feels really good when it's hot. The alcohol helps it be easy to spread, but then it dries SUPER fast and lasts through swimming for a long time.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: