Quantcast Disney Dolphin...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Disney Dolphin...

Can't beleive we are headed back! My kids are older...17, 15, 12 and I wasn't sure if after multiple trips down it would make it on the vacation docket again -- we do have to watch our funds with dd heading off to college in the fall, but we are going to do it! In conjunction with visits to Universal and Sea World while staying in a condo...we will then spend our last two nights at the Dolphin, and do a 2-day park hopper visiting our favorite spots from past trips.

Please tell me your favorite things about staying at, dining or just visiting the Dolphin/Swan!
    July 2012 ~ Mariott's Grand Vista and Disney Dolphin; 2008 ~ Beach Club; 2004 ~Horizons by Marriott; 2004 ~Horizons by Marriott; 2001 ~Marriott Cypress Harbor; 1999 ~Wilderness Lodge; 1993 ~Dixie Landings; 1983 ~Polynesian; 1979 ~Contemporary; 1973 ~Polynesian

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The proximity to Epcot is the best thing, being able to walk in from the "back" entrance. The boat ride to DS is also very nice. And, of course, you have Boardwalk right there, too, for entertainment, pastries, funnel cakes, etc.

There's a nice ice cream shop at the Dolphin, especially good for a late sweet tooth.
    2014: BC; 2013: CS; 2012: POR, Dolphin; 2011: Hilton, Dolphin; 2010: POFQ, CSR; 2009: POFQ; 2008: HoJo DL, Royal Plaza; 2007: Saratoga; 2006: POP, BV, CSR; 2005: AS-Mu, Off-site, POFQ; 2004: POFQ, AS-Mo; 2003: CSR, AS-Mo, Royal Plaza; 2002: AS-Mu; AS-Mu, CBR, Off-site; 2001: WL; 2000: Landings/Magic

Post Thanks / Like

Location, location, location! Loved the Dolphin just because it is sooooo close to Epcot and the Studios. Boardwalk is a good time too! Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone tell me more about the pool?
    July 2012 ~ Mariott's Grand Vista and Disney Dolphin; 2008 ~ Beach Club; 2004 ~Horizons by Marriott; 2004 ~Horizons by Marriott; 2001 ~Marriott Cypress Harbor; 1999 ~Wilderness Lodge; 1993 ~Dixie Landings; 1983 ~Polynesian; 1979 ~Contemporary; 1973 ~Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

While not "at" the Dolphin or Swan, a recent addition to the teenage enjoyment list that is nearby is that of ESPN; if anyone in your family is interested in sports, you might want to grab a meal there given its proximity - no ADRs, so it's a walk up and wait, but typically fairly reasonable wait times (you can guage from the number of folks in line or always ask their desk). Also, with Beaches & Cream nearby, could the Kitchen Sink be in your future?!

Post Thanks / Like

As others said, location for the price can't be beat. We really enjoyed the pool- it's large with a waterfall and slide and there is another good-sized "quieter" pool nearby, too.

On our last visit we discovered the counter service Picabu on the ground floor. IMHO it offers a larger selection of items than any other deluxe resort CS location.

Overall we like the Dolphin a lot. The only downside would be the fact that it's less Disney themed, and to me the rooms are starting to look dated. (The beds are still comfy, though.)
    BLT, CR; OKWX2; BCX5; YCX3; Poly; PORX2; WLX4; PopX3; DolphinX3; ASX3

HGVC I-Drive, Seaworld & Parc Soleil, Hilton Bonnet Creek, Gaylord Palms, Royal Pacific, Portofino Bay

Post Thanks / Like

I think we will check out ESPN Zone...right up my boy's alley!

When we stayed at Beach Club we tried Beaches and Cream...but it was too crowded so we headed over to The Fountain at the Dolphin. Maybe we will do it in reverse this time!

Post Thanks / Like

Is the pool closer to the Dolphin or Swan? Do each have their own boat launch or is it kind of in-between. I can't remember.

Post Thanks / Like

There are at least two pools. The pool with waterfalls (grotto?) is closer to the dolphin. The regular pool is closer to swan. My kids loved the waterfall and slide at the pool.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneyduggan View Post
    Is the pool closer to the Dolphin or Swan? Do each have their own boat launch or is it kind of in-between. I can't remember.
    Yes, I believe the grotto pool is closer to the Dolphin, and the boat dock is pretty much in-between. The Fountain also makes very good milkshakes.
    BLT, CR; OKWX2; BCX5; YCX3; Poly; PORX2; WLX4; PopX3; DolphinX3; ASX3

HGVC I-Drive, Seaworld & Parc Soleil, Hilton Bonnet Creek, Gaylord Palms, Royal Pacific, Portofino Bay

Post Thanks / Like

They have, if I remember correctly, 3 pools. A lap pool by the Dolphin, the Grotto pool also by the Dolphin and another regular rectangular pool by the Swan. You can use all three. They also have hot tubs by the Grotto pool. And I've been in the pool at night and have been able to hear the music from Fantasmic as clearly as if I was right at the Studios.

And the boat launch is right between the S&D. You can catch the boat to the Studios or Epcot there. You catch the bus out front for the other parks.

And I love being able to walk back from Epcot at the end of the night instead of waiting for transportation.

And being able to walk over to the Boardwalk and enjoy the entertainment is great too. Plus you have your choice of a bunch of different restaurants right within walking distance.
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

We love the location and pools at the Dolphin. We walk to EPCOT and walk the Boardwalk at night. We also enjoy eating poolside at the Cabana Bar and Beach Club - great menu!
    Jill

14 visits (WDW)
    Offsite: Caribe Royale,Best Western
    On: POFQ, CBR, BC, WL, Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

I remember reading somewhere that the pool is open 24-hours. Is that correct?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: