Quantcast Summer Recipe Ideas

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Summer Recipe Ideas

Last night my DH made a comment about how our dinners are the same thing over and over. They are the same thing. Over and over again. Because DH is so fussy he makes me crazy. He doesn't like this, he doesn't like that. Anyway, he loves sandwiches and cool dinners in the summer. We live in Florida and it would be wonderful not standing at the stove for hours. So, if anyone has any ideas for summer meals, (no fish, seafood) please send them my way. Thank you for your help. Recipes Please!
    (If anyone wants a DH, I know one you can have)
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite place - All Recipes - great online resource for ideas. You can put in your ingredients and it will come up with recipe suggestions.

And if you don't have a crock pot (slow cooker) invest in one - you can use it to do your cooking without heating up the house.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the crock pot (slow cooker). No standing over a hot stove, or heating up your house.

I would also think a panini maker would be good to have if your DH likes sandwiches.

This isn't a recipe, but in the summer months I replace hot side dishes with salads and cold pasta salads. I'll also replace a veggie side dish with cantalope. Or instead of steaming or cooking veggies I serve them raw, sometimes with a little ranch to dip them in.

We also tend to grill outside a lot in the summer, this way we don't heat up the house as much. Burgers, hot dogs, chicken breast, boneless pork chops, steaks, veggie and meat kabobs, any grillable meat will do. Then for sides we do corn on the cob (on the grill), salad, pasta salad, watermelon, strawberry shortcake. All easy to make things that don't require tons of time cooking on the stove in the house. I know grilling outside in the summer in Florida can be brutal. Here in Louisiana there are some days it's just too darn hot to do it, but we have a covered patio with ceiling fan, and I sometimes make a pitcher of lemonaid or sweet tea and we put on some music, go out there as a family, and grill anyway. Makes it more tolorable! LOL.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Fixing dinner for someone who is fussy can be a challenge. My DH always requests "something simple"? What does that mean?

So anyway, try as you may, a crock pot is a simple way to fix meals, as others have stated, salads with grilled chicken, etc are always simple and cool. Another way to change up a sandwich would be to make paninis. If you don't have a panini maker you can use the two skillet method to heat and 'smush' the sandwich.

Good Luck! Remember - we are all in this together!

Visits:
    1997 - day trip
    Sept. 2006 - WL
    May 2007 - WL
    May 2009 - WL
    May 2010 - WL
    May 2012 - WL
    May 2015- WL Girls Trip!!!
    May 2017 -POR Girls Trip!
    May 2018 - WL Girls Trip
    May 2019 - WL Girls Trip!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that nice big salads are great for summer. Pick up a rotisery chicken at the super market and then you have you protein. You can use this to add to the salad or make up a chicken salad for sandwiches or whatever.

I do a lot of grilling when it's hot. I also would recommend the George Foreman grill. That way you can cook things up without turning on the oven or stove.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

Rice bowls: you can theme them as Asian, Mexican, BBQ, or Italian. Basically, it's rice (white or brown- you can use boil-in-bag which doesn't really heat the kitchen for long, or microwave) with things layered on top.

The Mexican might have black beans, taco meat, pico de gallo (chopped tomato, onion, peppers) and maybe some cheddar, sour cream, avocado. Everyone can make their own to preference, which makes it fun (and less work for you). Asian style, might be stir-fried chicken chunks with ginger, soy, garlic (you could also do slow cooked and shredded with your favorite bottled Asian sauce), plus stir fried broccoli and mushrooms. Italian, like a deconstructed lasagna only over rice instead of pasta. BBQ, maybe slow cooked pork or chicken with your favorite sauce and corn layered over the rice. You can get creative with it.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: