Quantcast RHONJ Discussion

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default RHONJ Discussion

Does anyone out there watch Real Housewives of NJ? Obviously with the follow up show at the end of last season there was tons of tension between Caroline Manzo and Theresa, and something that happened with Jacquelyn. All this to play out. So it's off to a slow start I see but obviously being set up for more fighting.

What do you think? I had liked Theresa in the past, I still like her mostly. Yeah she probably shouldn't have put those digs in her book but at the same time, it sort of seems like everyone is getting overly upset/agitated about it. We will see if this fighting is from the book or if there is more that develops.

I don't love Caroline, she always seems to me like she has to have a grudge going with someone.

Melissa seems like she is making a genuine effort to let stuff go and try to move on with Theresa.

I really in the past have liked almost all the RH shows but I must admit all the fighting is starting to turn me off lately. I like a little drama , but sometimes it's too much. I am sure the show producers egg it on and encourage it. LOL however I'm still watching.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked Theresa and Caroline and the beginning but over time they've both gotten on my nerves. WithTheresa it started when she got in the fight with Danielle at the fashion show. I don't care what she says, Theresa was looking for a fight but I think it went way farther when she expected. Her husband is a total train wreck and I can't figure why he's married with a big family when he clearly can't be bothered with father/husband responsibilities. Caroline acts like she has so much insight into everyone but no one is supposed tone able to figure her out. She takes her "matriarch" act way too far and she's much too serious and humorless. I think her husband's non-personality and know it all attitude rubbed off on her. I do love her son Chris. He's cute and has a nice, goofy personality. Her other 2 kids bore me. Kathy and Melissa grew on me last season and they're my favorites, along with Jacqueline. Melissa does seem to be trying hard to keep the peace with her in law's but Theresa isn't trying at all. Joe and Melissa seem to be truly happy and they're kids are beautiful and well behaved. I think those are part of the problem with Theresa, she wishes she were married to a man like her brother who is there for his family and loves them. Kathy also has a beautiful family and her husband is hilarious! We've only had 2 new episodes so I'm sure the drama is really going to start soon. RHONJ is a great way to cure NJ homesickness, I just wish they could send me some of that food!

Post Thanks / Like

I think they are my favorite housewives. I do love the Beverly Hills and I can tolerate the O.C. and Atlanta but I don't really get into them as much.

I'm sick of the drama with Ashley. I actually miss Danielle sometimes. She was crazy in the head but her girls seemed so normal and even sweet. Not sure how that happened.. of course, I always need to remind myself that probably 90% of this is scripted. I like Theresa more now because I have been watching her on Celebrity Apprentice and she seems so much more reserved than she does in NJ. I can't stand her husband. Her oldest girl is so smart and I can't even imagine the things she has seen growing up in that house. I just want to give her a big hug! Taking the baby upstairs to put her to sleep?! Reprimanding her father for going out with a bunch of random girls?! I love that poor girl!

Post Thanks / Like

Theresa got on my nerves last night when she was fighting with her brother (again). I get why she was mad (the comment about the wife would leave him for someone richer and he repeated it) but really, why say something like that when things already aren't so good? Just leave it alone already.

Caroline really bugs me this year. I just dislike her. She is always in someone's business. If she doesn't care...then leave it alone. I don't know it just always seems as though she needs an enemy in her life. Also I really dislike some of the comments she has made about her daughter's appearance. I thought it was terrible when she was trying not to smile when the boys were making jokes about what Lauren's and Vito's kids would look like (and right in front of them). I would be so hurt if it were me, and I couldn't imagine thinking that would be funny if one of my kids said that about the other. IDK I just dislike her more with each episode.

Love the Wakile family...they are down to earth.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Post Thanks / Like

I watch!!! (Although I still need to watch last night's 5/13 episode).

Love the Gorga's and the Wakiles. I also like Jacqueline and Chris (can't stand Ashley). Teresa is a huge bee with an itch (she is so self absorbed and is jealous of her brother/Melissa). I like Teresa the first season but fame got the best of her. She is always looking for a fight. It also annoys me how stupid she is. I do like Caroline but she can get on my nerves with the matriarch stuff.
    WDW visits . . .
    April 2013 - Yacht Club
    May 2012 - Grand Floridian
    May 2011 - Grand Floridian
    March 2006 - Offsite
    2000 - 2004 Numerous trips while in college in FL
    January 1989 - First Visit! Polynesian

Next visit:
    September - Disneyland (First trip with son!)

Post Thanks / Like

Theresa should have never told Joe that Melissa would leave him for someone richer. That was the lowest of the low. I could never imagine saying something like that to my brother about my sister in law. Theresa is becoming more and more horrible every week. Caroline's comments about her daughter's weight really gets to me. She says how she needs to lose weight to a TV camera then wonders why she's so hard on herself. I like Caroline's son Chris but I really don't understand why Caroline and her husband think they're both such great, successful kids. Chris aspires to own a strip club/car wash and Albie is a law school drop out. That doesn't sound too successful or admirable to me. I love the Wakilie's especially Richie and Rosie, Kathy's sister. The Gorga's have grown on me too.

Post Thanks / Like

Rosie's hysterical- so straightforward! I loved when she had to watch all the kids at the shore house, and they were crazy and out of control. LOL. She's really funny.

Post Thanks / Like

This is quite unusual for me, but I don't care for any of the women on this Housewives. In fact, although miniscule, my sympathies lie with Teresa. I've read way too much about all these folks and their diva behavior (including the men). I'm about over the 'drama'.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    This is quite unusual for me, but I don't care for any of the women on this Housewives. In fact, although miniscule, my sympathies lie with Teresa. I've read way too much about all these folks and their diva behavior (including the men). I'm about over the 'drama'.
    I feel the same way. I used to love Caorline , now I can't stand her. Tersea is Teresa and in my eyes hasn't changed since the begining. She is not the sharpest tool in the shed but she is a real go getter. I can't understand how Caorline liked her before but doesn't now. I think Caroline has to be top dog and when she is not she goes on the attack. IMO Caroline is extremely unloyal. And her kids are spoiled and lazy. They made fun of T all season long last year and when she puts a little joke in her book it is "breaking Caroline's heart" oh please give me a break. Her children are adults and should have real jobs by now. Melissa is passive aggressive and I see past her act. She showed her true colors at the begining and when she saw people hated her she toned it down in order to sell her as called "music. Kathy is a back stabber and eggs on T's brother because she is wants what T has. If these two women had a bad relationship with T they should have done the right thing for the older generation in their family and not join the cast. Jackie is just a wacko and should have spent a little more time with her daughter instead of worry what everyone else is doing.

I am from Jersey and Italian and I can tell you the way these people act is not how my family and friends treat each other. We are the "Real Jersey Housewives"
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    I feel the same way. I used to love Caorline , now I can't stand her. Tersea is Teresa and in my eyes hasn't changed since the begining. She is not the sharpest tool in the shed but she is a real go getter. I can't understand how Caorline liked her before but doesn't now. I think Caroline has to be top dog and when she is not she goes on the attack. IMO Caroline is extremely unloyal. And her kids are spoiled and lazy. They made fun of T all season long last year and when she puts a little joke in her book it is "breaking Caroline's heart" oh please give me a break. Her children are adults and should have real jobs by now. Melissa is passive aggressive and I see past her act. She showed her true colors at the begining and when she saw people hated her she toned it down in order to sell her as called "music. Kathy is a back stabber and eggs on T's brother because she is wants what T has. If these two women had a bad relationship with T they should have done the right thing for the older generation in their family and not join the cast. Jackie is just a wacko and should have spent a little more time with her daughter instead of worry what everyone else is doing.

I agree with all this Rita. I don't even want to get started on why Melissa and Kathy joined the cast, or how blatantly ugly Caroline and her sons are to Lauren regarding her weight. These folks are unbelievable!

Post Thanks / Like

Most of these people are just horrible examples of humanity.

My guess is that they are all quite insecure about one thing or another, and they project their insecurities onto each other via all this drama.

The only one who seems to OWN her insecurities is Jacqueline. I feel bad for her, sort of. She has all the issues that come with being a teen mother.

The rest of them clearly have issues as well. Caroline, I think, is the worst regarding this. All she talks about is how proud she is of her kids, NONE of whom are even slightly successful. She has raised a trio of entitled, spoiled kids who just want to magically "be rich". And, the fat jokes are ridiculous at this point. That's the kind of thing you'd expect siblings to tease each other with...when they are KIDS. But, come on, they are supposed to be adults.

Theresa is, perhaps, the worst mother on the planet. I feel not one shred of sympathy for her. She and her husband are ruining those little girls.

All of these women are gold diggers who don't know how (or can't) stand on their own two feet.

The only even slightly normal family is the Wakiles. They actually live in a normal house, have normal jobs, and seem to be instilling some actual values and morals into their children.

It is starting to become hard to watch this show. I feel like I have to finish watching, but man, it's rough listening to all the petty arguing.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Funny how most of us seem to sympathize with Teresa. Obviously she says some pretty crazy things and is stubborn as all get out, however they really are trying desperately to give her the villain edit. What it comes down to is jealousy. Teresa is the only one who has been able to launch a successful career outside of the Housewives franchise. Caroline tried and failed to get a cookbook published herself so I think there's a real jealousy there. In regards to the jokes Teresa made in the book, I do think she should've given people a heads up, but I also think the whole scenario was pushed by producers or whoever to make it so dramatic. As was previously noted, Caroline's own kids said some really nasty stuff about Teresa well before that cook book ever came out.

I think it's pretty clear Melissa and Joe were very manipulative in getting on the show, and that's why Teresa was so upset. Remember season 2 reunion, when Teresa flipped out on Danielle? It was because she was bringing up things about Teresa's brother. Hmmm wonder who was feeding Danielle the information?
    With a decidedly different version of Teresa shown on Celebrity Apprentice, I think she will only continue to be successful, which is good, because she's going to need a cushion if her creepy husband goes to jail.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    The only even slightly normal family is the Wakiles. They actually live in a normal house, have normal jobs, and seem to be instilling some actual values and morals into their children.
    Eh. There was an incident a while back where Rich and his son did some advertising for a local clothing store and apparently expected the world in return. Granted their kids seem normal, but that dude is a freak and says some really nasty stuff about people. I don't buy the 'it was all innocent' that Kathy and Melissa found their way onto the show. For sure, Teresa is getting the crazy, villain edit this season. Fro whatever reason, Andy has Caroline's crazy, menopausal back.

Post Thanks / Like

Eh. There was an incident a while back where Rich and his son did some advertising for a local clothing store and apparently expected the world in return.
    Did that happen on the show?

I don't really read or follow the "gossip" channels, so I don't know all the details about what is really going on in these people's lives, for the most part. I go by what I see on the show. I was just saying comparatively, this family is the "most" normal.

None of them are "normal", obviously.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    I think it's pretty clear Melissa and Joe were very manipulative in getting on the show, and that's why Teresa was so upset. Remember season 2 reunion, when Teresa flipped out on Danielle? It was because she was bringing up things about Teresa's brother. Hmmm wonder who was feeding Danielle the information?
    Yes. I remember last season's reunion show- which I think was the first one with Melissa- Any Cohen brought that up when Teresa went off on Danielle about don't bring up my family. That was the reunion show before the season with Melissa. Danielle had said something about you didn't acknowledge your nephew or something and Teresa screamed at her, got in her face.

When asked, Melissa said that Danielle had been emailing her or contacting her on Facebook, and she she did email back.
    With how nasty the whole Danielle vs. Everyone else thing got, if Melissa was any kind of sister in law she would have ignored those emails.

Post Thanks / Like

I admit RHONJ is the only one I watch anymore... haven't watched the other ones in a few seasons probably, but I'm wondering if any other show features the children to this extent, with the kids having the camera "confessionals" and everything? And the husbands, too. I feel like we are seeing more and more of the NJ men giving their thoughts to the camera.

I used to really like Caroline, but her about face on Teresa is just mind boggling. In the most recent episode, when Jacqueline tells her how Joe sent the text to Teresa but Teresa said Joe didn't reach out to her, Caroline moves right in for the kill and calls Teresa a liar. Well hold on, why doesn't someone just ask Teresa if she even got the message first before jumping to conclusions? She wrote in her blog that she hadn't received the text yet when the conversation took place... I don't want to come off like I'm Teresa's personal PR mouthpiece because I think a lot of what she says and does on the show IS immature, however I don't think she's as bad as she's being made out to be. And Jacqueline and Caroline were totally in the wrong for the Gia situation. I'm sorry but when a child is crying and begging for her mother, you don't try to read her a story about being a bad sport. You go get her mom and let her handle it.

One last comment about editing... I noticed in this weeks episode that Melissa had THREE different outfits on while commenting on field day. So that means in three separate sessions it was brought up by producers
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    I admit RHONJ is the only one I watch anymore... haven't watched the other ones in a few seasons probably, but I'm wondering if any other show features the children to this extent, with the kids having the camera "confessionals" and everything? And the husbands, too. I feel like we are seeing more and more of the NJ men giving their thoughts to the camera.
    I
    I haven't watched NJ for awhile but I did see this week's episode. I was really surprised to see how nasty it has gotten. I do watch OC, and NY (when I remember) and watched some of Beverly Hills last year. I don't think any of them have children doing confessionals.

On the OC, 3 of the women have younger children. Tamra's children are not shown due to her divorce agreement. Alexis has 3 young children (ages 4 & 6)who are seen in some of her family scenes. Heather has 4 children ranging from 10 months to a 8 years. Again only featured in family scenes. The husbands and adult children do play a big role.

NY and Beverly Hills seem more focused on the women, though NY used to have some kids and husband who appeared on some story lines.

NY replaced several housewives for the upcoming season so it might be different going forward.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Eh. There was an incident a while back where Rich and his son did some advertising for a local clothing store and apparently expected the world in return. Granted their kids seem normal, but that dude is a freak and says some really nasty stuff about people. I don't buy the 'it was all innocent' that Kathy and Melissa found their way onto the show. For sure, Teresa is getting the crazy, villain edit this season. Fro whatever reason, Andy has Caroline's crazy, menopausal back.
    I love this post! Rich is a freak and Andy doesn't know how to be objective for sure.

Note to Andy: We are not as stupid as you think we are....we see right thru what is going on. You don't like T because she "man handled" you. lol
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    Note to Andy: We are not as stupid as you think we are....we see right thru what is going on. You don't like T because she "man handled" you. lol
    LOL - I agree! He ha never gotten over that incident.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Andy being pushed by Teresa is the only reason he has for not exactly liking her. I would be mad if some wacko pushed me too but I think her lies and justifying all of her husband's horrendous behavior is the real reason. I know those are the reasons I don't like her.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: