Quantcast which is your favorite and why?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default which is your favorite and why?

Which is the best resort out of these?

Port Orleans Riverside
    Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Coronado Springs
    Caribbean Beach

I just can not decide which resort to stay at next .... if money was not an object, it would be the Poly!
    1994 POFQ
    2003 ALL STARS SPORTS
    2007 OFF SITE
    Sept. 2009 POP
    Oct. 2010 POR
    Oct.2011 POR
    Sept. 2012 POR
    Sept. 2013 POR
    Sept. 2014 CBR
    Sept. 2016 POR
    Sept. 2017 POR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably not a good one to reply, since I've only stayed at one that you listed, but I'll put in my vote for the AKL. It's amazing. Spend the extra $ and get a savannah view...waking up to a giraffe outside your window is priceless
    Eric

ASMusic 4/22
    POFQ 1/22
    AKL 9/21
    POFQ 1/20
    Pop Cent 6/19 & 11/19
    POFQ 3/19
    B Resort 11/18
    ASMusic
    3 & 7/18
    ASMusic 3/17
    Boardwalk 7/14 & 6/16
    Swan 3/13
    Solana Villa 3/11
    Grand Flo 12/09
    ASMov & Grand Flo 3/08
    Vistana 3/06
    AKL 3/05
    WL 6/02
    Off-Site 10/00
    ASMusic 3/98
    Poly 6/86
    LBV Villas 6/83

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DreamFinder2 View Post
    Probably not a good one to reply, since I've only stayed at one that you listed, but I'll put in my vote for the AKL. It's amazing. Spend the extra $ and get a savannah view...waking up to a giraffe outside your window is priceless
    I agree with everything DreamFinder2 says here. The bus transportation is a little frustrating, but the hotel itself is great... some great restaurants in there, too.

Post Thanks / Like

I've stayed at POR and CS. Ate at AKL on my last trip.

The staff at the AKL is friendly, and you can not beat the theming here. I have always wanted to stay here. The one thing that I didn't care for was the long ride to the Magic Kingdom from this resort.

Of the moderates, CSR is my favorite. The grounds are beautiful, the staff is amazing, the hotel has been recently refurbished, and the bus transportation is good. Even if you are in one of the rooms that is far from the main building, you get the perk of being picked up first on the buses.

I didn't care for the decor at POR when we stayed there, but the resort is currently going through renovation, so I may try it again someday.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't Animal Kingdom Lodge and Poly in the same price range??
    January 1993-Off Property
    September 1996-Dixie Landings (POR)
    September 2006-Pop Century
    September 2007-Pop Century
    September 2008-Contemporary
    May 2009-Caribbean Beach
    Oct/Nov-2011-Wilderness Lodge
    December- 2013--Pop Century
    May 2015--Give Kids The World

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferS. View Post
    Isn't Animal Kingdom Lodge and Poly in the same price range??
    No, Poly is more because of location/monorail.

I've stayed at all these, and if I had my option, I'd choose Animal Kingdom Lodge. Second would be Coronado Springs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DreamFinder2 View Post
    Just got back from 8 days at a 2BR with Savannah View in Jambo House. Amazing. I've stayed lots of places on property, but AKL is my new favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by RichGuy View Post
    The bus transportation is a little frustrating, but the hotel itself is great...
    We used the buses for everything except going to DTD. I thought that the "long" drive to MK would bother me, but it didn't. The only thing about staying in Jambo House (main bldg) that bothered me was that most days the bus picked up at Kidani (DVC) first. That meant a full bus if you were leaving first thing in the morning. I didn't mind standing, though, so it wasn't a problem.

I have only stayed at one other place on your list - Port Orleans. To me, Moderate resorts don't compare with Deluxes. I'm a DVC girl, so my vote is always going to be for the Deluxe/DVC property.
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

Akl

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

AKL. Absolutely love the feel of the lodge. It takes me to a whole different place, although I'm at Disney it never felt like it had the hustle and bustle of other resorts. I can't wait to get back there in April.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at 2 of the 4 you listed and of all the resorts in Disney AKL is our favorite. So much to do at the resort and it is very relaxing at the same time.
    First trip May 1996 and many since
    DVC Owner BWV
    Next trips 2015 : March SSR, May-AKLV& Poly Oct- BWV & Dec- BCV

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed at all of these resorts, and I would choose Coronado Springs over the others. The grounds are beautiful, the pool is spectacular and the rooms have queen sized beds. It is a very nice resort.

We stayed at the AKL last year, and honestly, we did not feel like the price differential from the Moderates was worth it.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd go with Animal Kingdom Lodge because of the animals and restaurants. Port Orleans Riverside would also be a consideration due to the landscaping.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

My take:

1. Animal Kingdom Lodge - best of the mentioned by far...its a truly magical place to stay --and as for the bus transport we have had no worse luck there than elsewhere...fact is that occasionally you can have a long wait on a bus at any disney resort.

2. Port Orleans Riverside-- we prefer the more compact FQ, but riverside is a nice stay too.

3. Coronado Springs -nice amenities

4. Caribbean Beach - not my fave, though if our son was still the right age for pirate theming, I would probably change my mind.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

I've stayed at all of them and I'd pick AKL.

Honestly for us staying at AKL is special if we stay on the Savannah. I know this doesn't matter to everyone, but I can't see us staying there again without the Savannah view. The added Savannah view increased the price a good bit, so if I couldn't swing the Savannah view I might stay elsewhere mainly because of the bus situation. We did not have good bus service anytime we've been at AKL, whether it be during a trip we were staying there, or just visiting for dinner. We've opted to call a taxi more than once after waiting for a bus that never came. We've never had that issue at any other resort, but for us it's been the norm at AKL.

Our second choice would be CBR. We actally enjoyed them all, with the exception of POR, which we didn't care for at all. I'd much rather POFQ!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, it sounds like AKL is the favorite. Thanks for the advice I would love to stay there...maybe next trip
    1994 POFQ
    2003 ALL STARS SPORTS
    2007 OFF SITE
    Sept. 2009 POP
    Oct. 2010 POR
    Oct.2011 POR
    Sept. 2012 POR
    Sept. 2013 POR
    Sept. 2014 CBR
    Sept. 2016 POR
    Sept. 2017 POR

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed at all but AKL...

1...POR by far is the best of your selections! The resort is so beautiful with all the trees and bayous. To me it feels like a deluxe resort. Oh and Bob the Piano player! No matter where we stay we always go to see his show! The food court is huge. I love the pasta station. There is also the boat to downtown Disney that stops at POFQ along the way, where you can eat some yummy beignets! Speaking of POFQ you can also use the pools there, which doubles the fun!

2...CSR is very nice and has that lovely lake and a cool pool. The food court is one of the best. This resort I found to be very quiet. I don't like the theming as much as POR and actually think it is more suited to adults than kids.

3...CBR is in serious need of room renovations! The pool was so noisy and so crowded that we couldn't even find a spot in the water! The food court is nice with many selections. The lake is pretty and I even saw a friendly alligator floating around. The bus situation isn't the best since the resort is so huge it takes forever to even get out of the resort.

Won't comment on AKL since I've never stayed there but it does look very nice. For the difference in price from the moderates though, you could do a whole lot of shopping!

Post Thanks / Like

I have only statyed at CBR of those choices and loved it but we are trying CSR on our next trip.
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joeybun View Post
    I have stayed at all but AKL...

1...POR by far is the best of your selections! The resort is so beautiful with all the trees and bayous. To me it feels like a deluxe resort. Oh and Bob the Piano player! No matter where we stay we always go to see his show! The food court is huge. I love the pasta station. There is also the boat to downtown Disney that stops at POFQ along the way, where you can eat some yummy beignets! Speaking of POFQ you can also use the pools there, which doubles the fun!

2...CSR is very nice and has that lovely lake and a cool pool. The food court is one of the best. This resort I found to be very quiet. I don't like the theming as much as POR and actually think it is more suited to adults than kids.

3...CBR is in serious need of room renovations! The pool was so noisy and so crowded that we couldn't even find a spot in the water! The food court is nice with many selections. The lake is pretty and I even saw a friendly alligator floating around. The bus situation isn't the best since the resort is so huge it takes forever to even get out of the resort.

Won't comment on AKL since I've never stayed there but it does look very nice. For the difference in price from the moderates though, you could do a whole lot of shopping!
    Wow, I could have written this! I've had the same experience and agree completely.

I haven't stayed at AKL and never considered it because of the distance it is from all the parks (except AK). However, all the praise I'm reading about it is making me reconsider.
    Next up - January '14 - WL

March '13 - POR; May '12 - AKL; Oct. '12 - GF; Feb '11 - SSR; Oct '10 - BC; Feb '09 - Poly; Feb '08 - WL; Feb '06 - POR; April '04 - ASM; Nov '02 - POR; Jan '00 - CSR; Feb '98 - POR; Oct '96 - CBR; Sept '94 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

I'm the exception to the rule. I have only had one really bad WDW resort experience, and it was at AKL. It was a highly unmagical experience, and it was not dealt with by multiple managers. The resort is beautiful, but I won't ever be able to step foot back there without getting angry.

I love POR. Just got back from a lovely visit. The theme is fun, love the quiet pools, and the boat ride to Downtown Disney is awesome and relaxing. Plus you aren't too far from 75% of the parks (AK is still a longish ride) which is good at the end of the night!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneymomma2010 View Post
    Which is the best resort out of these?

Port Orleans Riverside
    Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Coronado Springs
    Caribbean Beach

I just can not decide which resort to stay at next .... if money was not an object, it would be the Poly!
    Wow! What a tough choice! If Wilderness Lodge was on the list, it would have been a clear cut favorite. However, three of the four on the list contend for my second favorite resort of all time. I guess I'd rank them this way, and here is why:

1. AKL: If you can afford to stay in a Savannah View, this would be my first choice. Despite never staying here, I think this is a close second behind WL for favorite resort. That is on my bucket list!
    2. POR: This is a sentimental favorite. We stayed here in 2010, and had one of the best trips of our four. Great theming, good location, and a surprisingly good sit-down restaurant.
    3. CSR: We stayed here in 1999, and I loved it. It was so beautifully themed, I might have ranked it above POR, but I think the memories from our recent trip have swayed me.
    4. CBR: We've never stayed, and it's not on my wish list right now. I'd probably stay at one of the above two choices a second time before choosing this resort. That's not to say I dislike it, but I visited it once, and it doesn't inspire me like the others do.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: