Quantcast Starbucks coming to Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort - Page 9

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I just noticed (and found it interesting) that two of the most posted and frequently read threads on the boards here have to do with beverage choices ....we intercotters are obviously very serious about our drinks.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Rumor has it the first Starbucks location in WDW will be in Epcot, replacing Fountainview, or becoming part of Fountainview...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I would also be nice if they offered good old Folgers coffee instead of that Nescafe slop. My coffee consumption drops to zero on vacation, except for those special trips to Kona Cafe and their awesome coffee.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Rumor has it the first Starbucks location in WDW will be in Epcot, replacing Fountainview, or becoming part of Fountainview...

When????!!!!!
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mousemates View Post
    I just noticed (and found it interesting) that two of the most posted and frequently read threads on the boards here have to do with beverage choices ....we intercotters are obviously very serious about our drinks.

Funny! Maybe we should start a thread about refillable mugs! Oh wait... NOOOOO.....
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

As a former part time Fountainview CM, I guess I have (pardon the pun) split feelings about this. I enjoyed the days I worked at Fountainview over Electric Umbrella because it gave me more time to interact with guests and it was a more laid back environment and I feel putting Starbucks in there will lose that "hidden gem" feel.

On the other hand, I like the business move: Wait two hours to see Mickey and the gang, but beforehand get the caffeine to stay awake!
    -Andy

Many trips to the world!
    Disney College Program alumnus Aug 2011-Jan 2012 Electric Umbrella in Epcot

Post Thanks / Like

Well if they are posting a spot, at least we are getting closer.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Rumored Magic Kingdom location: Replacing Plaza Restaurant...

Rumored DHS location: Either Sid's or Writers Spot or Shop (is that the name of it?)... Chances are the location will be somewhere in the front of the park, so that may write off Writers Stop or Shop or whatever the place is called...

No rumor for DAK...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Rumored Magic Kingdom location: Replacing Plaza Restaurant...
    WHAT??? That's surprising if true.

I actually like Sid's for a location at DHS. It's off to the side, by itself. And it's The Writer's Stop. That place is too small, and being how it's connected to Sci-Fi, I don't think it would work very well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    WHAT??? That's surprising if true.
    Remember who we are talking about.. and, well... You get the idea...

The one thing that makes me think this is a dumb idea is the closeness Plaza Restaurant to the Bakery... But, well, again, who are we talking about here?

Post Thanks / Like

Well seems like there are two locations being looked at for Starbucks in Magic Kingdom, not one... Yes, Plaza Restaurant is one... But the Main Street Bakery is the other... I think the Bakery makes much more sense than Plaza Restaurant... The question is, will the bakery just sell Starbucks coffee or will the Bakery be changed to 100% Starbucks, providing the Bakery is where Starbucks winds up...

Post Thanks / Like

Well seems like there are two locations being looked at for Starbucks in Magic Kingdom, not one... Yes, Plaza Restaurant is one... But the Main Street Bakery is the other... I think the Bakery makes much more sense than Plaza Restaurant... The question is, will the bakery just sell Starbucks coffee or will the Bakery be changed to 100% Starbucks, providing the Bakery is where Starbucks winds up...
    Can I just say I don't like the Bakery idea. As much as I'm for Starbucks coming, not in a Disney 'institution' like the Main Street Bakery.

How about Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station? Plenty big to support the certain crowds.

Post Thanks / Like

Can I just say I don't like the Bakery idea. As much as I'm for Starbucks coming, not in a Disney 'institution' like the Main Street Bakery.

How about Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station? Plenty big to support the certain crowds.
    With the amount of empty buildings and ones that are wasted, they can surely put Starbucks in there, can't they? I mean, is Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station even open anymore?

Post Thanks / Like

With the amount of empty buildings and ones that are wasted, they can surely put Starbucks in there, can't they? I mean, is Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station even open anymore?
    Not all the time. I think it's perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

Not all the time. I think it's perfect.
    I agree... I'd hate to lose the Bakery to Starbucks... I mean, if they want to sell Starbucks coffee there, then whatever... I don't like the coffee and won't buy it, but the treats sold there are delicious... If we were to lose that so Starbucks could sell their stuff, that would be a shame....

Post Thanks / Like

I know! My family would certainly miss the big fat cinnamon rolls.

Okay, hopefully this isn't going to happen and they'll choose.....Tomorrowland Terrace.

Post Thanks / Like

But the Main Street Bakery is the other... I think the Bakery makes much more sense than Plaza Restaurant... The question is, will the bakery just sell Starbucks coffee or will the Bakery be changed to 100% Starbucks, providing the Bakery is where Starbucks winds up...
    The thought of that is repulsive.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

I know! My family would certainly miss the big fat cinnamon rolls.

Okay, hopefully this isn't going to happen and they'll choose.....Tomorrowland Terrace.
    I'm with ya... hopefully it doesn't happen... Hopefully they are just looking and still deciding... And decide to place it elsewhere...

Post Thanks / Like

If the Main Street Bakery gives way to Starbucks, I just may NEVER return to WDW. And I am serious! A beautiful MK icon (as is the Plaza Restaurant) be replaced by a national chain.... Now this is just ridiculous! That's it...I, and my family agrees, am done. I'm glad my kids are older (17 and 20) and we have great memories.
    May/1999....CBR - Jamaica
    May/1995....CBR - Martinique
    May/1998....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2002...Wilderness Lodge
    June/2005...Wilderness Lodge
    Aug/2007....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2010...Wilderness Lodge CL
    July/2013 ...Wilderness Lodge CL Celebrating Our 25th Anniv.!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
    If the Main Street Bakery gives way to Starbucks, I just may NEVER return to WDW. And I am serious! A beautiful MK icon (as is the Plaza Restaurant) be replaced by a national chain.... Now this is just ridiculous! That's it...I, and my family agrees, am done. I'm glad my kids are older (17 and 20) and we have great memories.
    This is jumping the gun a little, don't you think? All of this is speculation, no one here knows where Starbucks will go or how it will be presented.

Everybody take a breath, maybe less caffeine...

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: