Quantcast Starbucks coming to Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually shocked coming home and reading this thread, and seeing the adversion to this. I thought the reaction would be much more positive. Again, I'm so thrilled about no more Nescapoop and think the addition of Starbucks will be done tastefully and within theme. I can't wait for this to be complete.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I'm actually shocked coming home and reading this thread, and seeing the adversion to this. I thought the reaction would be much more positive. Again, I'm so thrilled about no more Nescapoop and think the addition of Starbucks will be done tastefully and within theme. I can't wait for this to be complete.
    Criticism of a Disney announcement surprises you?! It should surprise you when they announce something that people actually like!

(For the record, 99% of the people who complain about announcements end up being satisfied with the final product. How many of us criticized the announcement for Toy Story Mania? Or the castle projection show?)
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    (For the record, 99% of the people who complain about announcements end up being satisfied with the final product. How many of us criticized the announcement for Toy Story Mania? Or the castle projection show?)
    Guilty of Magic, Memories & You , not Toy Story Mania though.

Yes, this all does surprise me as popular as Starbucks is in our culture. That said, I do not get the love for Dunkin Donuts (doughnuts or coffee). So I guess to each his own.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    MMM just what I want, expensive mud for coffee. lol. I hate Starbucks.
    I hate their coffee!!
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

Guilty of Magic, Memories & You , not Toy Story Mania though.

Yes, this all does surprise me as popular as Starbucks is in our culture. That said, I do not get the love for Dunkin Donuts (doughnuts or coffee). So I guess to each his own.
    I was pretty confused by the Magic, Memories and You announcement, too.

I don't actually drink coffee, so this doesn't affect me one way or the other. My dad, who is a coffee drinker, seemed pleased.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the grumbling is about a retail store in the middle of the park. The other examples listed (Coke, McDonald's Frys, Edy's Ice Cream) were regular commercial items, but were being sold at Disney World Stores by Disney employees. I don't like the idea myself, but I would be happier about it if Starbucks Coffee products were offered on the menus of the regular counter service restaurants.

Post Thanks / Like

If it means anything, I understand that the folks working in the Disney Starbucks locations will be full-fledged cast members.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it would be much more positive if Starbucks had good coffee... LOL...

Reading this thread only proves how everyone has different tastes and how it is hard to cater to ALL their guests... I'm sure the other coffee will still be available if someone doesn't want a Starbucks coffee...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    If it means anything, I understand that the folks working in the Disney Starbucks locations will be full-fledged cast members.
    I don't think they will be "full-fledged" CM's; they'll be Starbucks employees working in the parks, much like Kodak PhotoPass, Balzac (when they were in the parks), Coca-Cola (at Club Cool), etc. When I worked at Downtown Disney, I worked for a "third-party" "operating partner" - it wasn't owned by Disney, but, I got a Disney ID (green one), a Disney nametag, and some of the benefits (getting into the parks, etc.).

I think they'll just be "operating participants".
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm amazed at the amount of people who hate Starbucks coffee. It tastes more like real coffee than anything I've had in this country. If the coffee you're getting tastes burnt, one of two things is happening, you're used to watered down generic "Folgers-type" coffee, or you're ordering the wrong type of Starbucks, they have a lot of choices.

This is a guess, but unfortunately, Melanie, I don't think Nescafe is going away. I think the places you'll see Starbucks are at the coffee kiosks that are not Disney run and are by the way Jim, a chain, just a small one, with lousy pastries. I would love to see Starbucks resort wide, but I don't think this is what this is.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

I like their donuts, but their coffee...eehh, it's ok, better than Nescafe, but ok.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

I have never had a cup of coffee from Starbucks (way too expensive for my income), but it will be good to see something different than that other refuse WDW has been serving for years.

Like many, I have my hopes that it will be tastefully integrated into the parks.

The most entertaining part of this thread, at least for me, are the ones who claim that Starbuck's coffee is "real coffee".

Really?

Hold on a sec. Just poured myself a cup of coffee from my personal coffee pot.

It looks real.

Hot! Hot! It feels real.

Hmm. Whadoyaknow, it even tastes real!

Well if this ain't real, I need to call doc and up my meds.
    JR
    '86 Ramada Inn somewhere in Orlando :P
    '95 All Star Sports
    '00 All Star Music
    '03 Fort Wilderness
    '06 Fort Wilderness
    '07 Animal Kingdom Lodge

'09 Fort Wilderness
    '12 All Star Movies
    '13 Pop Century
    '14 Fort Wilderness
    '15 Fort Wilderness

Post Thanks / Like

There is a God and he has answered our prayers!
    K. White

The magic is within all of us!

WDW Off Site 1978, 1981, 1986, 2005, 2006
    Disneyland- 1980, 1984, 1987
    WL- 6/2008
    Coronado Springs- 6/2009
    PO- Riverside- 6/2010
    AS Music- Solo, 40th Birthday March 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I love this!!! I hit up the Starbucks every time we go to Universal. If the locations are done well thematically, I have no problem with this at all.
    Me too! I love the one at Universal
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

All I can say is Hallelujah!

Quote Originally Posted by lindique View Post
    I think the grumbling is about a retail store in the middle of the park.
    Hmmm. I can think of a few that are already there: Smuckers, Arribas Bros., Werther's. I'm sure that there are a few that I've forgotten.

IAgain, I'm so thrilled about no more Nescapoop and think the addition of Starbucks will be done tastefully and within theme. I can't wait for this to be complete.
    Me either but from what I could tell from the Disney Parks Blog, contracts in place continue to be in place.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I am happy about this! I already planned to bring my little supply of Mocha Via, but it's nice to know more is available if I want it! I used to think it had to overrated, but now I don't enjoy any other kind as much! I make my weekly trip to Target, and it starts each day off just right. My little cup of sanity.
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

I'm genuinely surprised by how many posters dislike their coffee. They must be doing something right to be all over the planet like they are. To each his own, but I love their coffee. The darker the roast and the stronger the better. And I am not one bit ashamed to order my favorite Triple Venti Non Fat Hazlenut Latte.
    Summer 1978 - off site
    July 2000 - CBR
    May 2001 - PoR & AKL
    Dec 2002 - WL
    Apr 2003 - ASs
    Feb 2004 - Poly
    May 2005 - ASs
    June 2006 - ASs
    June 2008 - Pop
    June 2010 - PoR
    May 2012 - Hilton Garden Inn
    June 2014 - Floridays Resort
    December 2014 - CBR
    March 2015 - Swan
    June 2015 - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I guess Starbucks is doing something right for it to be as popular as it is throughout the WORLD. I guess I'm not reading up in the right places, because this is the first time I've heard about the 'burnt' taste and hate for Starbucks. Expensive? Yes, and I understand that. But the hate stuff is all new for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    Hmmm. I can think of a few that are already there: Smuckers, Arribas Bros., Werther's. I'm sure that there are a few that I've forgotten.
    Exactly Ellen! They are there, but none as big of a retailer as Starbucks, thus the reaction.

Me either but from what I could tell from the Disney Parks Blog, contracts in place continue to be in place.
    And I don't have a problem with that either. Point is, there will now be a CHOICE. And then hopefully in a few years to come, it will be fully integrated. One can hope, right?

Post Thanks / Like

Mmmm...
    Starbucks Grande Hot Chocolate with Whipped Cream and Chocolate Syrup drizzled on top.
    LOVE. IT.
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Well by then Charbucks will at least have phased out their bug based red dye used in some of their drinks.

We'll probably just stick with the french pressed coffee at Boma when we go to WDW.

Nescafe holds a special place in my heart after being in Thailand. Their 3 in 1 beverage (equal parts sugar, powdered creamer, and coffee) was much more prevalent than traditional coffee.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: