Quantcast "WOW" Restaurant for BIG 40 Bday dinner!?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default "WOW" Restaurant for BIG 40 Bday dinner!?

Hi all! Nik and I will be coming over for her big 40th bday celebration and I am looking for a super fab dinner event for one of our evenings. We are going during F&W (Nov 1 -4).

We did the Chef's Table at Citrico's during the Millenium week but we were 12 people so the festive atmosphere was automatic. For this event, we will be 3, maybe up to 6.

We normally love Cali Grill but last week, we were so unimpressed with the menu and service, I think we will pass on this one for awhile. V&A too stuffy for us on this round.

We'll be staying at Boardwalk or BLT.

I am looking for something FUN, entertaining, lively, Special (!), and yes, good food/wine.

SUGGESTIONS PLS!!!

Thanks everyone!
    Carolyn & Nikki - Two sisters whose first visit was the day before the Magic began...and have been hooked ever since!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Since you will be there for F&W have you thought about one of the Signature Event dinners? Each one is hosted by one chef and one winery, together they present a signature meal with wine pairings. The only drawback would be waiting for the schedules to be released to see if the dates match the birthday.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Signature Dinner has potential! I didn't know about these... anyone have a clue on when they get announced? Anyone have experience - good/bad - with these F&W signature dinners?
    Carolyn & Nikki - Two sisters whose first visit was the day before the Magic began...and have been hooked ever since!

Post Thanks / Like

I knwo the decor is kind of drab, but I always enjoyed the food and service at Yachtsmans Steakhouse, and its nearby if you are staying at Boardwalk. It always feels less crowded to me, evem when its full. Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

F&W info usually comes out in pieces starting about now and running through end of summer. Disney Food Blog already has started to post info and eventually the WDW site will follow.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Default Signature Dinner?

thanks for the tip! Has anyone ever done a "signature" style dinner during F&W? Is there anything in particular I should look for or avoid? Any chefs more fun than others? When I took a quick look at the chef list, I only recognized 1 name.

thanks so much!

Post Thanks / Like

The Hoop de doo or Ohanas are both fun and exciting. I think they would be great for a birthday party atmosphere.
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjstrike View Post
    The Hoop de doo or Ohanas are both fun and exciting. I think they would be great for a birthday party atmosphere.
    Thanks TJ....I agree that these are fun exciting!

Unfortunately, we are fortunate enough to have done them each a few times and this special bday trip will be without my kiddos and my husband - a girls' Disney trip out (!!) so to speak, and I am looking for something a bit more "special" - a bit more "adult" (Disney-style of course!)

ideas still very welcome!!

Post Thanks / Like

Once again I see I’m late to the party.

My recommendation for your 40th would be to attend a “Party for the Senses” held every Saturday night during the Food & Wine festival in the World Showplace Pavilion. We have attend six or so over the last few years and they have all been great.

They run about 2 1/2 hours. Last year they ran from 7:30 to 10:00, in previous years they were from 6:30 to 9:00.

They usually feature around fifteen different chefs from Disney and around the country and fifteen different wineries from around the world, and entrainment provided by Cirque Du Soleil.
    CR 8/73 12/09
    Poly 8/73
    ASMu 3/95
    Offsite 4/97
    Swan 12/99 1/00 12/02 11/03 5/07
    Royal Plaza 4/01
    OKW 11/02 4/03
    BWV 12/02 10/03 11/04 5/05 10/05 11/06 5/07 10/07 11/08 10/09 10/10 11/11 12/11
    GF 5/05
    Pop 6/05
    AKL 9/05 5/09
    BCV 11/05
    CBR 12/06
    ASSP 5/09
    BWI 12/09
    SSR 5/10
    YC 12/10

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disoriented View Post
    Once again I see I’m late to the party.

My recommendation for your 40th would be to attend a “Party for the Senses” held every Saturday night during the Food & Wine festival in the World Showplace Pavilion. We have attend six or so over the last few years and they have all been great.

Thanks!! This sounds very appealing and I hven't heard about it thus far - we will keep our eyes open. At the moment, we are leaning toward Citrico's Chef's Table for the group on Sat night and Cali Grill for Thurs night when it will be just the two of us.

Does anyone know if Cali Grill does a chef's something - or a special wine pairing event - something unique, not just the sommelier visiting your table?

Post Thanks / Like

The Flying Fish offers a special dining event - nightly. It is their Chef's Table. It is 6 courses with wine pairings for $143.00 per person. You sit right at the counter and watch everything being prepared after a consultation with the chef. At the end they present you with a personalized menu from the evening. Wonderful! Not cheap, but memorable and singular.
    1975 & 1977 - Summer - Disneyland
    1991 April - WDW
    1993 April - WDW
    2006 June - Saratoga Springs
    2007 July – Saratoga Springs
    2010 February - Caribbean Beach Resort
    2010 October – AKL Jambo
    2011 July - Old Key West
    2013 October - OKW
    2015 September - AKL Jambo
    2016 September - AKL Jambo

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget about the Swan/Dolphin restaurants. There's Il Mulino, Todd English's Bluezoo and Shula's steakhouse.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fastpasssteve View Post
    The Flying Fish offers a special dining event - nightly. It is their Chef's Table. It is 6 courses with wine pairings for $143.00 per person. You sit right at the counter and watch everything being prepared after a consultation with the chef. At the end they present you with a personalized menu from the evening. Wonderful! Not cheap, but memorable and singular.
    This is a great experience. If you liked your dinner at Citricos, I think you will enjoy this, too. Flying Fish is really good, too.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fastpasssteve View Post
    This sounds great actually! Does anyone know if California Grill (or anywhere else?) does the same? We are liking how Flying Fish is sounding the reviews are good... just looking at all the options!

*We are thinking about starting with with a festive pre-dinner drink/sushi at Wolfgang Puck's.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: