Quantcast When would you go?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: When should I go?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • For the Food & Wine Festival/MNSSHP

30 60.00%
  • For the Flower and Garden

10 20.00%
  • Star Wars Weekends

2 4.00%
  • The week before and the week of Christmas.

8 16.00%
    Post Thanks / Like

Default When would you go?

Well, it has been a rough year for me, so I am thinking that I need to postpone the trip I had planned for this December until next year. On the bright side, I'm alive which is more than they expected last year, and I can plan on a vacation next year.

Accompanying me will be several friends and their families ranging from a family with a 5 year old to a couple in their 40s with no kids.

Vote for when you think the best time to go is.

1. My favorite time to go has been around the end of September/the beginning of October. I could continue the tradition of seeing MNSSHIP and the Food & Wine Festival.

2. During the Flower & Garden Festival. I'm a girl. What can I say?

3. Star Wars Weekends. My oldest DS will be getting out of the Navy in January, and he loves Star Wars.

4. In December for all the Christmas fun. I've always wanted to go at Christmas time, so I had planned for December of this year. December, 2013 is sooooo far away though.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You've picked some of my favorite times to go. I did have a difficult time selecting between the Flower & Garden Festival and the Christmas holiday as both are such wonderful times to be there. I think I'd go with May just because it will be here so much sooner than Christmastime of next year - plus it's so beautiful!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I vote for the Flower and Garden Festival because it's not such a long time to wait (which the end of September would be). And maybe the crowds won't be as much as either Christmas or Star Wars.

We were supposed to go in September this year (last trip January 2010) but bailed on that as too far away and opted for the F&GF. We leave in less than 2 weeks.

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Well, it has been a rough year for me, so I am thinking that I need to postpone the trip I had planned for this December until next year. On the bright side, I'm alive which is more than they expected last year, and I can plan on a vacation next year.
    Wishing you a better year and many years to come! Enjoy your vacation - sounds like you really deserve it!
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

I went for Christmas time since you said you've never been that time of year. It's special.
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to choose the Christmas seasons but I wouldn't pick the week before or the week of to go. Too busy.

So I went with MNSSHP and Food & Wine, I personally have never been for then and would love to try it out atleast once! So if that is an option for you I would go then But Christmas time is supposed to be awesome, we will be there this December I was there in November when I was little don't remember much outside of pictures and Christmas is my favorite time of year so if you want to do that, I would think of trying out a different week.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

The only think I want to mention is Moma Wolf has a green hand, and possibly arm too, so she always wanted to see Flower and Garden and we are from Alabama, we are used to hot...My goodness we weren't ready for that...It was so hot she couldn't enjoy it. After that we went back to Oct for F&W and MNSSHP but we also loved Christmas so if the people you're going with would be down for that its a good thought, but I'll never be able to suggest anything but Oct I dont think. I'm a huge nerd so I want to do Star Wars weekends but just never have gotten around to it.
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

I have been there twice during the month of December (first week) and twice during the month of October (middle of the month). I love the decorations at Christmastime but I also love MNSSHP. I will be going back to WDW in December but at a later time than I used to so we will see if during the month it gets more crowded. Personally though, I love Christmastime at Disney
    1/98 - offsite
    4/99 - offsite
    1/00- offsite
    5/03 - offsite
    12/03 - CBR
    12/04 - POP
    4/05 - DLR
    5/06 - POR
    4/08 - POR
    10/09 - POP
    10/11- POP
    12/12 - POP
    1/15 - POFQ
    12/16 - CS / OKW
    1/18 - POP
    9/18 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

I voted for the food and wine festival but if you've never been in December the decorations are awesome...however go earlier in December not the week of Christmas....

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I went with flower and garden but I also would do star wars. This year flower and gardens last weekend is star wars first.
    BRENDA

Been to the land of happiness more times than I can count and still going.

Post Thanks / Like

^^^^catching the end of the flower & garden AND the beginning of Star Wars!

I've been during all but Christmas time.... one day I'd like to go for the holidays. I picked Star Wars weekends but if you could hit two events...that would be awesome! the flower & garden festival is amazing! Epcot looks so beautiful! Star Wars weekends are very cool too! Especially if you're a big fan! My husband & I went years ago and had a blast! Seeing all the characters wandering about in the park was pretty sweet! My favorite time is during Halloween! but if you've done that a few times before....why not try something new!
    3/88 & 3/91 off site
    3/02 ASMov
    10/03 ASSp
    5/04 adults only!(POP)
    11/04 ASMov
    1/06 CBR
    3/07 5th anniv.(POP)
    2/08 ASMov
    10/10 5k-solo trip!(ASMov)
    2/2011 princess half(POR)
    10/2012 MNSSHP(AoA)
    10/2014 ToT 10-miler(CBR)
    11/2017 family trip(POP)

FUTURE TRIPS
    1/2019 ASMusic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vicster View Post
    Wishing you a better year and many years to come! Enjoy your vacation - sounds like you really deserve it!
    Thank you very much Vicster. It certainly rearranges your priorities, which everyone probably needs to do every once in a while.

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like September/Oct is the winner, which is probably good, since I am taking a large group. This way I already know what to expect/do/reserve/etc.

I will do the other times of the year at some point in the future. I plan on making many more trips.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Post Thanks / Like

Out of the choices, the only time I haven't been is Christmas time. To me, the two best experiences I've ever had at WDW were at MNSSHP and Food & Wine Fest. October is a great time to go, the weather is amazing (knock on wood... it's barely rained, temps in the 80's with no humidity when I've been there) and crowds are manageable if you strategize touring plans right. There's so much to see and do that's unique at the Halloween Party, it's so worth the price of a hard ticketed event!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: