Quantcast Best pools to pool hop at?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best pools to pool hop at?

DH and I are going for a long weekend sans kids in June. I promised DH we would spend some relaxing time at the pool this time around. We will be at SSR, and even though we have stayed there 4 or 5 times, we have never been to the pool. How is this pool? If we pool hop, which ones should we look at?

Kristin
    Momma to two sweet boys: Myers and Jacob
    36 trips and counting!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly the ones worth pool hopping to, are no pool hopping pools. AKLV has a great pool as does the Beach Club.

BWV might be a decent choice, but the trouble of pool hopping just doesn't make it sound all that appealing to me.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are at the MK, hop to the Grand Floridian or Contemporary. Those are both nice pool areas for adults.

If you are at Epcot, Boardwalk pool is "okay". It's not great. I've seen pictures of SSR pool, and it looks better than Boardwalk's.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best pools to pool hop at?

You can hop with the exception of the pools at BLT, BC and AKL. My kids have hopped to the Poly so that is another of several options.

I can say from staying at SSR that you will have great options right where you are staying. The main pool is awesome. The new pool has food and a refillable mug station. They have smaller pools as well with the pool at Grandstand being one of our favorites. It too has a refillable mug station, a smaller food area with bar, a hot tub and is usually peaceful and not too crowded. Congress Park also has a smaller pool. So you have many options right where you will be staying.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Honestly the ones worth pool hopping to, are no pool hopping pools. AKLV has a great pool as does the Beach Club.

BWV might be a decent choice, but the trouble of pool hopping just doesn't make it sound all that appealing to me.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post

We once stayed at WL during a pool refurb and were able to use the pool at the Contemporary. Totally not worth it to me. We did it because our kids really wanted to swim and wanted a pool slide. Having to take transportation to another resort, along with bringing coverups or clothes to change into, and then trek back to our resort just wasn't worth it to me. This was in Feb. so it was a bit on the cool side. My kids were young at the time so I had to bring clothes to change them so they didn't have to ride the boat back to WL wet in the cool air. Perhaps if it had been at a different time of the year, or they were older, I would have felt different about it. At the time it felt like more of a hassel than anything else.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

If you are staying at SSR, you really don't need to concern yourself with pool hopping. You can enjoy the main pool, the new themed pool, or one of the quiet pools at SSR. If your goal is relaxing by the pool, you will find it much nicer to dress in your room, walk to the pool, and then walk back when you're done - no need to drive or bus someplace else, and then worry about getting back to SSR. Enjoy your trip!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, just use the SSR pools. They are very nice.
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

While the SSR pools are very nice it is fun to pool hop. One of our favorites is the Poly pool. Get a nice tropical drink, grab a lounge chair on the beach and watch the boats and monorail while looking across the water at the castle. Ahhhhh......
    ~Lisa aka Tinkermom

DVC Member since 05/01

Most Recent Trips:
    12/28/12-1/4/13 OKW to watch our son and his HS marching band on Main Street on NYE!
    7/13/12-7/17/12 Vero Beach & 7/17/12-7/23/12 WLVs

Next up: 5/28-6/12 Vero Beach (Beach Cottage!)/Fort Myers/Treehouse Villas

Post Thanks / Like

The pools at the Poly and the Boardwalk Inn are a lot of fun and they both have bars. We also like the Congress Park quiet pool at Saratoga Springs. It's right on the water with Downtown Disney across the way and there's a sitting area with rocking chairs on the waterfront. Plus, it's never really that crowded. There's no bar, but they do have a soda machine.

Post Thanks / Like

I would think the best pools to pool hop in would be the shallow ones...........The deep ones would be to hard to hop in.

Honestly, I've never thought about trying it, so I don't know if it's possible to go swimming at other resorts. But it's an interesting idea.
    June, 1990 - MK, Epcot -Off Site Hotel - Sang on stage & Marched in parade at MK
    Feb. '05 - DL, DCA - Off Site Hotel
    Feb. '07 - All Parks, DT - AKL
    May '08 - All Parks, DT - AKL & POP - 4 day Disney Cruise
    Jan. '13 DL, DCA, DT -Off Site Hotel
    Nov. '13 All Parks, DT - POP & Swan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaDisney View Post
    IHonestly, I've never thought about trying it, so I don't know if it's possible to go swimming at other resorts. But it's an interesting idea.
    Pool hopping (except for sister resorts) is prohibited for most Disney World guests. The exception to that is that it is allowed for Disney Vacation Club members and, even then, it is not allowed for all pools and it is not allowed at all times of the year.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: