Quantcast What do you think of people who... - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    Sam the Eagle: Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.

Enough said.
    Exactly what I was going to say.
    First Trip: 1986 at 6 mths. old!
    Latest Trip: February 2017

Next trip: October 1017

Stayed at: Caribbean Beach, POP Century, Wilderness Lodge, The Contemporary, The Polynesian, the Beach Club, the Yacht Club, Grand Floridian, Art of Animation, Disney DREAM

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If I am bumped by a stroller or a shopping cart while in a line I go by my same rule. Hit me once I don't mind(it was by accident.) Bump into me a second time, you should say your sorry. After the third time with no acknowledgment, I push back with no word said. It tends to work.
    First visit 1976
    Offsite 1982/1985/2000
    Disneyland July 1996
    AKL 2002/Sept 2011
    Paradise Pier-DL July 2005
    Contemporary Sept 2006/Nov 2014
    Port Orleans-Riverside Sept 2008/July 2014/Nov 2018
    Port Orleans-FQ-Nov 2012
    Paradise Pier-DLH DL 2013/2015/2017 and D-23 Expo

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in complete agreement with Landfan.

It comes down to one inevitable truth. How you were raised by your parents, and reinforced by your grandparents, aunt, uncles and even your siblings (extended family) will equal the values, morals and ethics you carry forth in life. No core values or moral compass means you have no empathy for your fellow man/women and that is what gives birth to these less than complete creatures. You just have to walk around these dysfunctional folk and enjoy your vacation and the quality time you are spending with your family.
    Feb 2020 - FWC
    Jul 2019 - Poly
    2018 - WL - CL
    2017 - FWC
    2016 - WL

2012 - WL - CL
    2010 - WL
    2009 - WL
    2007 - WL
    2003 - WL
    2001 - FWC
    1974, 77, 83 & 1995 - Off site

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LandFan View Post
    How are kids supposed to learn common courtesy and good behavior if their parents don't do those things

Sorry, I'm a teacher, lol.

Lost cause.... You are right.. But, a lost cause. People are getting more dumb and poorly behaved. Also, as I walk around this week.. Who lets their hung daughters show so much skin.. I'm in my early 30's and i feel like an 80 yr old man, going, what in the world are these kids wearing..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    Sam the Eagle: Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.

Enough said.
    That's pretty much how I feel about it. I get severely annoyed.
    "Strike Yer Colors, You Bloomin' Cocker-roachers!"
    April '02 - WL
    April/Nov '03 - POFQ/Poly
    April/Aug '04 - POFQ
    Aug/Nov/Dec. '05 - POFQ/AKL/CS
    June/Aug '06 - POFQ
    Aug '07 - POFQ
    Aug '08 - PC
    Aug/Oct '09 - POFQ/PC
    Aug '10 - POFQ
    March '11 - ASM (Senior Trip)
    Next: May '12 - POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jbernardis View Post
    I agree that in general there's not a bad seat in the house, but if I am trying to improve my chances of sitting in the middle of a row, I hold back BEFORE entering the row until I judge enough people have gone in to get me towards the middle. Sometimes I'll even move forwards or backwards a row based on how full that row happends to be.
    Exactly what I try to do, but most shows there is no bad seat.
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the majority here – rude people are going to be rude for life no matter what disappointed looks or comments I throw their way. I don’t waste my time on these people... I have waited a long time for this trip and I just want to enjoy each day as much as I can with my family! I can only control myself and no one else. Not worth wasted energy and I can’t teach the whole world good manners (as tempting as it is!). However, I may say, “Excuse me… the CM asked you to move down” loud enough for others to hear. If they do not move down, then they will have to deal with the disgust from other guests while we step over them (NOT purposely stepping on feet or bumping into them). Being a mom & wife I have learned that my family follows suit to how I act – if I am in a bad mood it affects the whole family and I hate that. But if my DD16 sees that I am being patient and the bigger person, she will follow (teaching moments never stop).

AND - call me “old school” but is it just me or do men on the buses no longer give up their seats to women & children anymore? I know after a long day at the park EVERYONE is tired, but we were always taught that if there are no seats available and a child or woman boards the bus, a man should at least OFFER their seat. Mind you, they don’t have to accept. My husband and father always offer their seats for a tired mom & child. I am physically able and do the same. Has anyone else seen this?? I really hope we are not losing those little common curtsies…
    Paging Mr. Morrow... Mr. Tom Morrow. Please contact Mr. Johnson in the control tower to confirm your flight to the moon.

BC: 9/12, 7/13, 1/14, 5/14, 9/14, 1/15, 9/15, 9/16
    GF: 9/16
    SSR: 9/13
    WL: 5/16
    BW: 9/11
    OKW: 7/10
    AK: 6/09
    BLT: 9/15
    CBR: 8/07
    ASMo 12/14
    Offsite: 8/88

Share This Thread On Social Media: