Quantcast Indiana Jones Adventure - WDW?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Indiana Jones Adventure - WDW?

Is there any chance that the Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland will ever be built at WDW? I have read that the Dinosaur ride at AK is a clone of the the IJA ride, but from what I have read and seen, the IJA is much better than the Dinosaur ride. It sounds as if the queue for the IJA is an experience all by itself. It is unlikely that we will ever be able to make a trip to Disneyland in the near future. Also, from what it would cost us to go to Disneyland and spend just 2 days there, we could go to WDW and spend 4 - 6 days there.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It is a really cool ride. We have been several times and will be there again in 2 months. It's the highlight of the park, IMHO. My family loves that ride. It's modeled alot like Dinosaur in terms of the ride layout and individual ride cars. But yes, the queue line is cool and there are some very special things about it. I think even if you don't really care about Indiana Jones you would still love this attraction. I wish they would build it in WDW. DHS would be a great place for it but who knows. Never got why they wouldn't have it in FL too. That park desparately needs more pizzaz. That ride would be a prefect fit.

I don't know where you live, but you should get out to DL some day to experience. Unfortunately their onsite hotels are pretty much only Deluxe, but you can stay very close by for less. Air of course is alot depending on where you live.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Indy is the best ride at Disneyland. Really puts you inside the Indiana Jones world!
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Super Ninja Guest

Disney Hollywood Studios definitely needs a new attraction that is based off a classic film property and not kid's property.

I was thinking about this today actually. However, I think the Indiana Jones ride should be a water flume type ride. One thing that is missing at DHS is a water-type attraction, and this would be a great choice. But then again it may be sort of similar to Jungle Cruise.

Whatever the case, something new is needed I think that isn't some kind of simulator/LCD screen thing.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope not. I like having different rides coast to coast.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

I would LOVE to see the Indiana Jones ride, or something similar, at WDW. The Dinosaur ride mechanics might be a clone, but the atmosphere and storytelling definitely are NOT.

We probably won't make it back to Disneyland for a very long time, if ever , and that is a ride that I sorely miss.

It's not only the best ride in DIsneyland, it's one of the best rides in ANY Disney park.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another "Close, but not quite as good attraction"

Dinosaur is the same ride with different theming. Having ridden both countless times, I have taken to even listening to the IJA theme while on Dinosaur, just to mix it up a bit. The turns, dips and pauses are almost identical.

I much prefer IJA. I think it packs a lot more storyline into the ride and the final "Surprise' and IJA sells a lot better than the one in Dinosaur.

I miss trying to decipher the messages while waiting to ride "Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Eternal Line"!
    DL/DCA 40+ days a year 1999-2004
    10 D. CBR 6/02
    11 D. AKL 7/05
    6 D. CBR 12/05
    11 D. BWR 7/06
    11 D. POFQ (never again) 7/07
    7 D. CBR 11/07
    12 D. AKL/CR 7/08
    11 D. AKL 12/09
    12 D. BWI 6/10
    10 D. AKL 11/10
    10 D. POR (never again) 6/11
    10 D. AKL 12/11
    10 D. CBR 6/12
    Next 11D BWI 11/12

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see it built in either DHS or Animal Kingdom but I'm not holding my breath
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

The Indy ride actually has a few interactive features. At the beginning of the ride, the person in the "driver" position can pick which route by turning the wheel or leaving it alone. It gives you a slightly different adventure and a different saying by Indy at the end of the ride.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

While I LOVED the Indy ride in CA, I don't really see them spending the money to add it to WDW.

Plus, I think it's kind of neat that the parks have some variation. Makes it more fun to visit both when there are different attractions to experience. Not that I wouldn't love to have The Matterhorn in Orlando! I loved that ride!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

As much as I would LOVE for WDW to get the Indy ride, I am also not holding my breath. My mom and I rode it at least 5 times when we were at Disneyland. It is easily one of my all time favorite rides! I wish we had a video of our first ride on it. Our reactions were priceless at various parts.
    All of our dream can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.

Remember, we must always believe in our wishes, for they are the magic in the world.

Current CM at MK! If you're in Adventureland and craving Dole, Ice Cream, or an eggroll, look for Sarah from Front Royal, VA and say Hi!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: